Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 04:43 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times

Advertisements

THE LIBERTY PEN: Constitutional Challenge of AIG

this is a lawsuit brought by a marine against AIG for use of AIG funds to assist terrorists and the ruling was against the federal reserve and geithner.

in part:

With the aid of taxpayer funds provided by Congress, AIG employs a “Shariah Supervisory Committee,” which is comprised of the following members: Sheikh Nizam Yaquby from Bahrain, Dr. Mohammed Ali Elgari from Saudi Arabia, and Dr. Muhammed Imran Ashraf Usmani from Pakistan. Dr. Usmani is the son, student, and dedicated disciple of Mufti Taqi Usmani, who is the leading Shariah authority for Shariah-compliant finance in the world and the author of a book translated into English in 1999 that includes an entire chapter dedicated to explaining why a Western Muslim must engage in violent jihad against his own country or government. According to AIG, the role of its Shariah authority “is to review our operations, supervise its development of Islamic products, and determine Shariah compliance of these products and our investments.”

An important element of Shariah-compliant financing is a form of obligatory charitable contribution called zakat, which is a religious tax for assisting those that “struggle [jihad] for Allah.” The amount of this tax is between 2.5% and 20%, depending upon the source of the wealth. The zakat religious tax is used to financially support Islamic “charities,” some of which have ties to terrorist organizations that are hostile to the United States and all other “infidels,” which includes Christians and Jews.

The Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development, an example of an Islamic “charity” that qualifies for receipt of the zakat, was recently convicted by a federal jury for providing millions of dollars to Islamic terrorist organizations. As a direct consequence of the taxpayer funds appropriated and expended to purchase and financially support AIG, the federal government is now the owner of a corporation engaged in the business of collecting religious taxes to fund interests adverse to the United States, Christians, Jews, and all other “infidels” under Islamic law.

the obama administration asked the lawsuit to be dismissed but a judge overruled. it looks like the courts are now starting to defend our constitution and our citizens when our own congress and administration will not.

Last edited by floridasandy; 08-27-2009 at 04:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 07:09 AM

975 posts, read 1,754,983 times
Meanwhile AIG is up $4 this morning after being up about $6 yesterday. lol!

You're a genius Sandy.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:50 AM

whether the stock market is up or down has no relevance whatsoever to my post.

it is about the constitutionality of the AIG bailout, and a judge has ruled that the lawsuit against the federal reserve may proceed....... it looks like the federal reserve has lost a few cases lately.

Last edited by floridasandy; 08-27-2009 at 12:03 PM..

Old 08-27-2009, 02:23 PM

975 posts, read 1,754,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
whether the stock market is up or down has no relevance whatsoever to my post.

Then perhaps you should post this stuff in the politics or chit chat section where it belongs. Had you been following important stuff instead of stupid stuff like this you could have made a ton of money like your's truely. But you can't make money cutting and pasting trivia.

On top of that, the market clearly isn't impressed that this suit will impact AIG in the slightest or that it even has any merit. Now I realize you think the gov't is the problem and the solution to everything and that without the gov't you're screwed but the free market spoke and I'd say the message was pretty clear.

And I guarantee you if you made as much off AIG in the last 2 days as I have(think your annual income then add some) you would be far happier, your family far better off and you would actually be productive.

it is about the constitutionality of the AIG bailout, and a judge has ruled that the lawsuit against the federal reserve may proceed....... it looks like the federal reserve has lost a few cases lately.
Name one case the Fed has lost. You do realize assuming, big assumption, this silly lawsuit moves forward, it will be years before it concludes and even then it won't change a thing.

Last edited by Traderx; 08-27-2009 at 02:33 PM..

Old 08-27-2009, 03:29 PM

gee, the fed just lost THIS case on FOIA disclosure! if loretta preska sticks to her guns, she will be the most popular judge in america!

here is an interesting story on racketeering 101:
Racketeering 101: Bailed Out Banks Threaten Systemic Collapse If Fed Discloses Information | zero hedge

for the record, clearing house association banks are ABN Amro, Bank Of America, The Bank Of New York, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, JP Morgan Chase, US Bank and Wells Fargo.

Last edited by floridasandy; 08-27-2009 at 03:45 PM..

Old 08-30-2009, 10:52 AM

1,150 posts, read 2,699,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderx View Post
Had you been following important stuff instead of stupid stuff like this you could have made a ton of money like your's truely. [sic]

And I guarantee you if you made as much off AIG in the last 2 days as I have(think your annual income then add some) you would be far happier, your family far better off and you would actually be productive.
I am the coolest guy in the schoolyard! My lunchbox is better than yours. Yesterday on my paper route I found a MILLION DOLLARS. Uh huh, really I did!

Old 08-31-2009, 08:44 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
If some judges start upholding the Constitution, I may have to change my negative view of the judiciary!

Old 09-01-2009, 04:44 AM

on the federal reserve case with judge preska, it looks like the fed has until september 30 to appeal the ruling.
Judge Sets Sept. 30 Deadline for Fed to Appeal Disclosure Order - Bloomberg.com

everyone knew that they would appeal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics