Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Edmonton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2009, 07:11 PM

11 posts, read 38,763 times

Advertisements

Hi
Could you tell what are teh good resedential areas in Edmonton. What would be the rent in these areas for an apartment. I dont know anything about Edmonton but I am hoping to find an area similar to Palo Alto (near Stanford University) in California.

Thank you
Rama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 04:37 PM

15 posts, read 36,126 times
South side and west side have good residential neighborhoods. Callingwood, Glenwood, Terwillegar are some. North side is generally not recommended. St. Albert and Sherwood park are also good places to live but it depends on where you go to work as they are not in of Edmonton but a few minutes drive.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:38 PM

15 posts, read 36,126 times
I just now realized you had asked this question in 2009. Wow Edmonton forum is dead!

Old 11-30-2011, 02:57 AM

3 posts, read 8,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southparkateer View Post
I just now realized you had asked this question in 2009. Wow Edmonton forum is dead!
LOL! Well, me and my family are moving next year, so your info really helps!

Old 03-03-2012, 12:47 PM

73 posts, read 159,378 times
We live in the northside and really like it. We are in the Evansdale area but the more 'mature' area - homes built in the late 80's. Nice big yards with mature trees (we have cherry and olive trees in our yard). Prices are good here and it is an easy 20 minute commute downtown for work. We are also about 20 minute commute to west edmonton mall. Have lived in this area for 5 years and have had no break-ins in our neighborhood, no cars stolen, no muggings etc. We have all levels of schools close by, both public and Catholic. 20 minute drive to NAIT or Grant MacEwan University. Half hour to U of Alberta. 20 minute drive to Royal Alex hospital or Miserocordia hospital. Lots of walk in clinics close by as well as public libraries. On bus route that takes you pretty much anywhere in the city. If you are looking at buying when you come down I can give you the name of a realtor we have used for the purchase and sale of three different homes over the last 10 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Edmonton