Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 02:33 PM

298 posts, read 333,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Here is a great solution-------> How about ADULTS stoip teaching kids it is OK to beat up those who appear weak? That is is not a survival gane where the "strong" dominate?

I o not know how many times I would call a parent to come in and talk about their "bully" and after 2 minutes with mom and / or dad it was obvious why the kid was bullying...

lol, well the whole impetus behind this plan is that we have to stop pretending the average parent is going to raise their kid well.

We need to do it for them. And that's where I and others like me come in.

We certainly value those who do, but the quicker we forget the parents can help at all, the better.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:36 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat_the_Streak_MLB View Post
lol, well the whole impetus behind this plan is that we have to stop pretending the average parent is going to raise their kid well.

We need to do it for them. And that's where I and others like me come in.

We certainly value those who do, but the quicker we forget the parents can help at all, the better.
Oh, the unmitigated gall. You have yet to say one thing that makes me think you are capable of raising any children. Go adopt a couple of kittens.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:41 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
lol, did you just say ew? Ew what? No idea where you were going with that comment.
I don't know about her but, there is something distinctly off-putting about a young adult male wanting to hang out and gossip with middle school girls, and even take them out dining on the weekends. It makes my creep-o-meter scream, hence a guttural reaction of ...ew.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I don't know about her but, there is something distinctly off-putting about a young adult male wanting to hang out and gossip with middle school girls, and even take them out dining on the weekends. It makes my creep-o-meter scream, hence a guttural reaction of ...ew.

Taking people out to eat is a normal thing that teams use to help build trust with each other.

There's nothing unusual about it.

So it's a natural application here.

And why is it off-putting? I think that is the way I can help them.

If I truly believe that would help them, I'd be a hypocrite to not do it just because someone doesn't like it, right?

Old 05-11-2013, 03:09 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Taking people out to eat is a normal thing that teams use to help build trust with each other.

There's nothing unusual about it.

So it's a natural application here.

And why is it off-putting? I think that is the way I can help them.

If I truly believe that would help them, I'd be a hypocrite to not do it just because someone doesn't like it, right?
You really don't get it, do you? So I'll be blunt. Much of what you describe and the attitudes you express are reminiscent to what pedophiles do to groom children to engage in inappropriate relationships with them. It is creepy.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:15 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
18 pages without any support for your ideas, and you keep trying. Here's a suggestion; write a book, and see if anybody buys into it.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You really don't get it, do you? So I'll be blunt. Much of what you describe and the attitudes you express are reminiscent to what pedophiles do to groom children to engage in inappropriate relationships with them. It is creepy.

But that's just a talking point.

Much of what those sick people do is try to clone trusting behavior.

Are we going to alter our definition of trust just to differentiate ourselves from them?

Much of what anyone describes and much of anyone's attitudes with making friends are what those people do to kids. Does that mean we should stop making friends?

Old 05-11-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
18 pages without any support for your ideas, and you keep trying. Here's a suggestion; write a book, and see if anybody buys into it.

I thought of writing a book, but I wouldn't want anyone to steal my amazing idea.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:34 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
And that's enough of that....

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education