Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 10:52 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,601,733 times

Advertisements

Mom seems to think she is not capable of much. Maybe she should step back a bit and let her child grow. Also it is not in the child's best interest to be allowed to stim, talk, and do whatever she wants during the day. She has to learn there are times for things. This will be a lot easier to do when she is younger. I see a monster in the making.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:52 PM

501 posts, read 933,466 times
Quote:
Mom is not realistic and misunderstands how special education works. Her child is not the only child in a classroom.
I really don't get it, Oldhag. I saw the same list on Facebook as well.

I have a young child in preschool. If my kid had autism, I'd still drop her off just like I do today - and then ask the school what I need to provide in order for her to succeed. This mom is doing the opposite - telling the school exactly what to do in order for her kid to thrive. But the mom has never seen her kid perform in school and I don't get where this list of demands comes from because the kid is only 4.

I don't get why the mom doesn't just let her kid perform as her kid will do in school, and then address the issues once they come up. It doesn't make sense to me.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:31 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoincomes View Post
I really don't get it, Oldhag. I saw the same list on Facebook as well.

I have a young child in preschool. If my kid had autism, I'd still drop her off just like I do today - and then ask the school what I need to provide in order for her to succeed. This mom is doing the opposite - telling the school exactly what to do in order for her kid to thrive. But the mom has never seen her kid perform in school and I don't get where this list of demands comes from because the kid is only 4.

I don't get why the mom doesn't just let her kid perform as her kid will do in school, and then address the issues once they come up. It doesn't make sense to me.
It doesn't make sense to you because you are a reasonable person. Mom has made being the mother of an autistic child a career. Some of the things she is suggesting are far from proven, such as the body brushing. I suspect much of what she is doing is actually damaging because it is retarding her child's growth and development.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:39 PM

501 posts, read 933,466 times
Oops. From her Facebook page:

Quote:
This email is to make you aware that Clarendon One has released yet more documents online from Sophia's school file. The latest post we are... seeing from a bulletin board/blog were posted on October 25, 2013. These posts were written by a teacher and she has posted Sophia's partial list of accommodations that were requested.....These posts will be forwarded to the US Dept of Ed Family Policy Compliance Office with a new complaint against the school district, as it is against the law for the district to copy school records of a student and display them online for the general public to view.
So, when Oldhag1 posted the accommodation list (which was on Eva's public Facebook page), she is now saying Oldhag1 is part of the Clarendon school district and releasing information from Sophia's medical files without permission.

This woman is crazy.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoincomes View Post
Oops. From her Facebook page:

So, when Oldhag1 posted the accommodation list (which was on Eva's public Facebook page), she is now saying Oldhag1 is part of the Clarendon school district and releasing information from Sophia's medical files without permission.

This woman is crazy.
Seriously?!?!? I don't work for that school district and, as you pointed out, it was from her Facebook page. Does she not remember what she pastes on her own Facebook page?

Old 10-28-2013, 05:00 PM

5,329 posts, read 6,021,569 times
In the past, I have provided legal representation to children needing special education services and/or Section 504 accommodations. It is my opinion that most of the accommodations requested are reasonable, if the child has the degree of disability alleged by the mother.

That said, it is my personal opinion, based on the YouTube video below, that the mother should not have custody of this child. Shame on her.

Clarendon County SRO Deputy refusing to allow service dog i - YouTube

Note to Mom: You might want to consider removing this video from YouTube, even though you can never completely remove it from the internet.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
That said, it is my personal opinion, based on the YouTube video below, that the mother should not have custody of this child. Shame on her.
Unbelievable. That principal has the patience of a saint.

I assume she has no clue how bad this looks on her. If the child does end up returning to school they are probably going to have to get a restraining order against her. My school had to do that to a mother once who kept throwing rocks at the principal's window and tacked up signs all over town with false allegations about him. We sometimes laughed about it but in reality it was very sad.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-28-2013 at 07:46 PM..

Old 10-29-2013, 07:13 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
This Mother really has some mental health issues. That entire YouTube, demonstrates her anger, and lack of acceptance of her daughter with Autism. Displaced anger, and rage, if you ask me. This is not about her daughter, or the dog, but her desire for control, in a world full of things she cannot control...

Old 04-23-2016, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 902 times
There is something very "fishy" that bothers me about this Mom. Have anyone watched few videos in YouTube of this Mom, her daughter and the father of this little girl? Some of these videos reflect to me some degree of mental issues with this Mom.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:56 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Please note that this thread is from 2013.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education