Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 05:00 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,217,008 times

Advertisements

My graduating class was lame so we didn't have one However, the class the year before got a picture of our headmaster and put together a flier that looked like one of those sex offender fliers...then posted it all over the high school and nearby areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 05:18 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,523,686 times
The seniors in Lake Stevens used to steal the huge Chicken off a local drive thru and put it odd locations. The poor chicken has been through a lot more than that though.

Lately they have banned all pranking.
Quote:
1970s-1990s: High school seniors steal the Chicken each year
The great Lake Stevens chicken war | HeraldNet.com - Local News

Old 10-27-2015, 05:34 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,722,974 times
I don't think we had one. If we did, I don't remember!

My husband's, though, was to turn a teacher's car sideways in its parking spot! A bunch of strong senior boys picked it up and turned it. (It was a small car.) I remember this because I was dating him at the time and he got in-school suspension. This was in the mid-90s... today, a 17-year-old prankster would probably be arrested for doing something like that!

Old 10-27-2015, 05:37 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,000,532 times
Water balloon fight in cafeteria. I think someone actually got suspended for it.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:36 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,103,317 times
Wow, that brings back memories. The PE coach was close to 7' tall, and had a 60's VW bug (in 1970) with sunroof, we used to say that his head went out the top to see the road. Anyway, he would get in early early. One morning about 8 of us picked it up, carried it up the steps, and placed it sideways in the landing in front of the main double doors.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:48 PM

21,830 posts, read 25,109,733 times
My year? Some people went around cutting down the trees on campus, including a 100+-year-old oak tree they didn't manage to cut down but killed. Yeah, I don't miss high school.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:36 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,340,189 times
We had something called 'Ghost Day'. All the White kids got jumped.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:40 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,523,276 times
No senior prank at my school. I think there were too many of us to coordinate something like that. My school had a boulder out front that the various classes would paint. We'd make sure it was the seniors as we approached graduation and the rest of the school left it alone after we left. Rumor had it it started as a pebble and grew into a boulder because of all the paint, lol. That went on all year with heightened activity during spirit week. You had to get there about 4 AM to make sure it was your class who painted the rock last.

The school I teach at no longer allows senior pranks because the student's idea of a prank is destroying something. Anyone caught participating in prank pays for the damage and cannot walk at graduation. Pranks are supposed to be harmless fun not destruction of property.

The school I used to teach at allowed pranks. The best one I've had played on me was they suspended the chairs in my room from the ceiling. Usually they just hid our stuff. Apparently, there is something I never found. Whatever it is I never missed it. Then again it could have been a mind game to keep me looking like the pigs numbered 1, 2 and 4 that were released at a high school (I don't know where this was done). The admins spent all day looking for #3 when there was no #3. Now THAT'S a prank, lol.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:51 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,523,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
My year? Some people went around cutting down the trees on campus, including a 100+-year-old oak tree they didn't manage to cut down but killed. Yeah, I don't miss high school.
Sounds like the school I work at. Prank = destruction of property there.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:10 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,136,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
That is terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
The school I teach at no longer allows senior pranks because the student's idea of a prank is destroying something. Anyone caught participating in prank pays for the damage and cannot walk at graduation. Pranks are supposed to be harmless fun not destruction of property.
I don't remember our prank, but years ago "pranks" were exactly that pranks and not destroying property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education