Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 02:29 PM

238 posts, read 420,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCCW View Post
Oh, you're one of those people.

In case you didn't know I'm going to tell you. There are millions and millions of Mexicans who are very happy staying in Mexico. There are the few who seek to cross into Mexico. As of 2011, only 47% of the immigrants are of Hispanic origin (includes all Hispanic countries). That means that 53% were another nationality.

I'll tell you why people from Mexico bring their kids to school in the US. One of the parents is probably American. The other reason is status. Most of the private schools here in El Paso would not exist if it wasn't for the wealthy people from Juarez enrolling their kids at the school.

Here is a link where you can get more acquainted with the immigrant situation. and stop spitting hate. There is also information on states that have the least Hispanic population in case you wanted to move there.

Frequently Requested Statistics on Immigrants and Immigration in the United States | migrationpolicy.org

"There are millions and millions of Mexicans who are very happy staying in Mexico."

Oh did you interview these "millions and millions" of people on their quality of life in Mexico? Oh you didn't? Oh okay then. For all you know these "millions and millions" you speak of cannot move anywhere else and are forced to adapt to their area.

"There are the few who seek to cross into Mexico. As of 2011, only 47% of the immigrants are of Hispanic origin (includes all Hispanic countries)."

Are you delusional? 47% is a lot! And apparently you did not even read your own cited website because 47% are of Hispanic origin while 29% are of Mexican origin. Additionally, the number may actually be higher because these statistics only factor in documented immigrants.

"I'll tell you why people from Mexico bring their kids to school in the US. One of the parents is probably American. The other reason is status."

Purely anecdotal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 02:50 PM

643 posts, read 1,313,175 times
B-anal, you clearly don't understand what I wrote. I will leave it at that. It seems like you are very unhappy with your current situation and pointing out another countries faults will not fix your own. It seems from all your posts you are trolling so this will be my final response to you.

Regardless of where we are from we are all humans after all. We all want a better life. I know plenty of Mexicans who are proud of living in Mexico and being Mexicans. Plain and simple! They enjoy visiting the US to travel and spend money.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:18 PM

135 posts, read 241,092 times
Curious, why does a HAPPY video on El Paso have to degrade into some epeen contest? Okay so the People in Juarez also did the video... how did the become a topic on illegal immigration, unhappy Mexicans, and how schools in El Paso are supported by wealthy Mexican families? Can you all explain why everything has to turn ugly or into a debate or argument?

Old 04-04-2014, 07:38 AM

575 posts, read 884,169 times
chill! there are happy people and unhappy people in every country--that's only common sense. Nevertheless, the videos are fun to see, and I'm sure fun to make, leading to . . . more happy people!

Old 04-05-2014, 01:32 AM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,119,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banal View Post
Cute. I love how they avoid shots where views of Juarez may destroy the vibe of the video.
Just stop. Your posts do not contribute anything positive to the subject matter. I'm all for a good debate but every thread you post in is negative. Go away.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:14 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,563,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCCW View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJDk7oD9SME

If you notice Juarez avoided shots of El Paso to not destroy the vibe of the video.
Wow! That video makes Juarez look like a very beautiful city! I've never been over there, just Tijuana, Nuevo Laredo, and interior parts of Mexico. The view of CJ from the 10 going through El Paso does not make it look all that swanky! I lived in Monterey for awhile in college and really miss it. This video reminded me of my experiences there. Thanks for posting!

Old 04-14-2014, 10:08 PM

340 posts, read 609,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
Wow! That video makes Juarez look like a very beautiful city! I've never been over there, just Tijuana, Nuevo Laredo, and interior parts of Mexico. The view of CJ from the 10 going through El Paso does not make it look all that swanky! I lived in Monterey for awhile in college and really miss it. This video reminded me of my experiences there. Thanks for posting!
Er, well, depends on what you mean by "beautiful"... I have been to Juarez several times, and overall it definitely isn't what I would call "swanky"! Even people I know who from there will tell you straight up, "Juarez is not a pretty city." To be totally fair, though, the area you see when going on the 10 from downtown to west El Paso, is a very bad area called Anapra - and not all of Juarez looks like this!!! I have never been to Monterey, but from what I know about it, I'm sure that it is a nicer city than Juarez. But, there are actually a lot of very nice, warm, friendly people in Juarez, so... mas 'Amor por Juarez'!

Old 04-14-2014, 10:19 PM

340 posts, read 609,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banal View Post
Oh did you interview these "millions and millions" of people on their quality of life in Mexico? Oh you didn't? Oh okay then. For all you know these "millions and millions" you speak of cannot move anywhere else and are forced to adapt to their area.
Actually, in the 2013 World Happiness Report, Mexico ranks as being slightly happier than the United States. (Mexico is 16th happiest, US is 17th.) Happiness is about a lot more than just money, you know.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:13 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,268,391 times
Default Too bad...

My kids love all those 'Happy' videos, they check to see the videos of all the cities they've been to, even El Paso. The reason for the posting by MISTABINKS is lost, not so "Happy" postings about it. Move it to the immigration thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso