Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 10:33 AM

238 posts, read 420,489 times

Advertisements

Lets put it this way: It is just not logically feasible to build a multimillion dollar dedicated facility just for the NE. IIRC the NE is not growing as fast as the W or E of El Paso and building a medical facility in that region would only further divide the number of patients between all of the hospitals (remember hospitals run 24/7 and that energy/water/payroll bill does not pay itself). Additionally, a large amount of El Pasoans are on government subsidies and if you have paid attention to the news then you would realize Medicare reimbursements are lower than ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 11:53 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
I hope the area is ready to handle the extra traffic. I used to live by there and will live in the area once again once I return state side. It will be nice to get an increase in temporary and permanent jobs into the area, though.
I hope you love traffic --- it's horrendous traffic in that area now -- they've ripped apart much more of the mountain to build the super-highway going through it, a big spaghetti bowl type interchange is now located at the base of Franklin State Park -- and it's going to be filled with all kinds of shopping centers, housing subdivisions, hospitals, etc.

Soon any hikers in the state park can enjoy the screams of sirens of ambulances heading to the hospital and forget the quiet that used to be.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:48 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,165,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Sierra Providence East Medical Center opened in May 2008 to serve the needs of east El Paso's growing community. Located at Edgemere and Loop 375
There is another branch of Sierra Providence East located at 2400 Trawood in east El Paso. As I said in another thread running here, there seem to be as many medical facilities in El Paso now as there are strip malls!

Old 05-10-2014, 10:56 PM

1,011 posts, read 2,832,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banal View Post
Lets put it this way: It is just not logically feasible to build a multimillion dollar dedicated facility just for the NE. IIRC the NE is not growing as fast as the W or E of El Paso and building a medical facility in that region would only further divide the number of patients between all of the hospitals (remember hospitals run 24/7 and that energy/water/payroll bill does not pay itself). Additionally, a large amount of El Pasoans are on government subsidies and if you have paid attention to the news then you would realize Medicare reimbursements are lower than ever.
Yeah. Then again, the northeast side has always been El Paso's red-haired stepchild. It will get a fully developed civilian hospital when that can't be put off anymore, like with PBS affiliates and children's hospitals.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:07 PM

135 posts, read 241,161 times
Guess the UMC is now screwed. Good luck filling positions at that Hospital now. Glad the WEST side is getting more growth, but why is the NE always forgotten. The West and East already have hospitals, the NE does not, and no William Beaumont does not count, nor does that clinic made into an Emergency room.

Yeah I agree with the animosity felt by people of the North East... if you look at the Loop 375 project, the West side got running trails and bike trails and other nice features the NE side did not get. Even the dedication to the construction was better handled over there.. take a look at the pattern in the side walls, west side has one, the NE was just put together however forget the pattern. Lets add Trees and art and other cool things to the highway on the East and West, ehh the North East lets paint it white, and put big ugly red rocks near by. Always seems like the NE side gets the short end of the stick. Wish we could just separate from the city and form our own.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:13 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,719 times
Northeast doesn't exactly have the best representation or most vocal citizens. Carl Robinson always looks like the confused uncle at meetings who never brings anything to the table, and there is far better constituent organization on the West side. Sad, but true.

Old 05-14-2014, 12:04 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,138,149 times
As far as city services go, the NE deserves equal and fair funding.

As far as the private sector goes, I'm assuming their market studies show the east and west side are more lucrative.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:17 AM

879 posts, read 3,037,721 times
To be honest, I posted this up because I knew people would right away start talking about a NE hospital.

I've never lived in the NE, but I do feel bad for them for not having a full service hospital while most other areas have one. The mission (lower) valley is another area of town that doesn't have one also, unless you count UMC, but thats more central than lets say areas like Ysleta and Socorro.

I personally hope that the NE gets its own hospital one day, but it might be several years or even decades before that becomes a reality. IMO, I agree with kidicarus and the NE needs to get rid of Carl Robinson ASAP. A more progressive person that will get things done would work way better than Robinson, who usually wants to block almost anything and hasn't really done much for that side of town.

That being said, the Northwest part of town is really expected to be booming within the next few years and major new retail and housing developments in this area are already being announced. So as mistabinks put it, I'm pretty sure Tenet's market studies highly recommended this area for a future hospital over other areas without one.

This KFOX report explains how and why NW El Paso is the new boom side of town.
El Paso’s Northwest makes major moves; Growth big for the entire city - KFOX14
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso