Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 11:03 PM

111 posts, read 176,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit user View Post
Since El Paso is really only a town full of under-educated people there is no need for additional PBS channels from the digital antenna.
But NMSU carries an alternative to the MSM and last I saw Ben Swann he was working for RTV as an anchor/reporter working from New York City.
RTV is the news channel that uses the slogan "Question More". I saw Swann doing a report just a few short months ago.
The El Paso "market" for news is really just news for nacos. Glad I moved out of that small town a long time ago.
Seriously?? So reporting that the government is constantly behind every thing is considered "intellectual"? The problem lies with this kind of mentality... boo hoo I can't find a good job... 10 dollars says this dip **** works in the oil fields of Odessa or Midland talking about how superior he now is. ben swann is an idiot. He accused israel and the us of murdering children... sorry but the guy can suck a big one. Anyone who says bs like this should get shot right along alex jones. Glad you're no longer in el paso
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 05:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit user View Post
Since El Paso is really only a town full of under-educated people there is no need for additional PBS channels from the digital antenna.
But NMSU carries an alternative to the MSM and last I saw Ben Swann he was working for RTV as an anchor/reporter working from New York City.
RTV is the news channel that uses the slogan "Question More". I saw Swann doing a report just a few short months ago.
The El Paso "market" for news is really just news for nacos. Glad I moved out of that small town a long time ago.

Somehow, we'll muddle through without you.

Hasta la pasta!

Old 04-01-2015, 07:26 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,854,815 times
Well, Fred Albers is gone. Not a big surprise with the new "regime" owning KTSM. I think he should have seen the "handwriting on the wall" after he lost weekday billing and was sharing it with Bo and Aaron.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,183 times
Rick Cabrera needs to pronounce his name correctly. This is the Southwest not the east coast! Someone needs to dress him as he has no clue! I li,e Estela Casas but Rick should go!

Old 02-16-2016, 09:23 PM

202 posts, read 433,726 times
Why should anyone tell another person how to pronounce THEIR name? No one tells you what to eat, live, etc.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:46 AM

What happened to Danny Mata , sports director at KVIA?

Old 02-20-2016, 10:11 PM

346 posts, read 646,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab tech View Post
Rick Cabrera needs to pronounce his name correctly. This is the Southwest not the east coast! Someone needs to dress him as he has no clue! I li,e Estela Casas but Rick should go!
Yes, and while we are at it, I insist on correct Castilian pronunciations, not this sloppy "Martinesss...Hernandezzz" crap. It is MarTIneth and ErNANdeth peasants.

Nick Miller was a legend....all later anchors are poor imitations.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:45 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTexico76 View Post
Yes, and while we are at it, I insist on correct Castilian pronunciations, not this sloppy "Martinesss...Hernandezzz" crap. It is MarTIneth and ErNANdeth peasants.

Nick Miller was a legend....all later anchors are poor imitations.
Insist all you want. If talking like you have a lisp is your thing, go for it. But around here that would make you sound like a, dare I say? A peasant.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:18 PM

Sorry, Nick Miller lost me when he bragged about how he had voted for Clinton in Arkansas and looking forward to voting for him as Prez. Gary Warner was the class act, IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso