Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 01:18 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,224,354 times

Advertisements

I really didnt know what to name this thread,too make a long story short, my girl loves to watch scary movies, she absolutely loves them, last night we were watching Amytivillle Horror,and it got me thinking.....Do realtors have to tell potential home buyers if somebody was ever murdered in that residence? Is their anywhere you can go to find out information like this on the net? Im curious where in El paso, people have been murdered, i know i always pass by that house on Olson, and theres already people living there.To the people that dont know, a handicap man murdered his wife in this house and chopped her up and scattered her body parts all over town, this house is right by the Chicos on Chelsea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 02:00 PM

507 posts, read 2,063,087 times
Levow - I've wondered the same thing, sure would be nice to know the history of a place before purchasing it. I suppose maybe an extensive search in the newspaper archives and police reports, but who has the time and resources for that? I sure as hell wouldn't buy a place knowing someone was chopped up in the bathtub.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:47 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,173,592 times
Just as bad, and in some cases possibly worse, is a house that had a dead person undiscovered for so long that they turned to jelly or were mummified. I know of a house that just sold near me and people are living in it again, but wouldn't know if they are aware of the situation. The man who lived there apparently had no family or friends and wasn't discovered for a couple of months, by which time the utilities had been cut off and besides the rotting food in the fridge, you can use your imagination about why the house was swarming with flies. It took FOREVER for that house to be made livable again. It sat empty (repossessed) but fully furnished for several years before it recently sold.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:41 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,324,000 times
Yes, legally sellers MUST disclose whether a natural death or murder occured at the residence when selling.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,752,438 times
I know a girl who bought a very nice corvette for real cheap at an auction because it was found with a dead body that had been in it for months.

The problem is no amount of cleaning could get the smell out. She said it wasn't really such a great deal after all.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:53 AM

643 posts, read 1,314,758 times
I also pass by an old friends house on the eastside. He was killed by his wife while he slept and then she commited suicide. House still has residents.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:05 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,947,528 times
Yes, one must disclose if some unnatural act like murder etc. has occured in a property.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:22 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,958,837 times
The last house I bought years ago in EP, I just remember the fact that any "unnatural" death had to be disclosed--not if someone died of illness or old age. I also know of a person who bought a "murder house" on the Westside (for a really good price!), then this person had a "suicide" occur in the same house. I can't imagine if they were ever able to sell it--this was in the 90s. That would be TWO "unnatural" deaths on two separate occasions in the same house. Sorry, just don't want to be more specific on a public forum.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:08 PM

1,011 posts, read 2,835,128 times
Besides the woman who allegedly beat her husband to death with a baseball bat in their house on Emerald which I mentioned earlier in another thread, I remember there being a murder-suicide in a house on Manila (east of McCombs) long ago. This guy went psycho and shot his family in this house on Edinburg (don't know which one) and was sent to Rusk as a result. This woman shot her 16-year-old son and then herself in their house on Eloice when I was a junior in high school. The same year a girl I went to school with and her boyfriend shot his father to death in his house on Commodore just north of Andress High and then there was another murder on that same street either just before or just after. Either the El Paso Times or the old Herald-Post ran an article on the murder-haunted residents of Commodore right afterward.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,929 times
I remember the commodore accounts. I was about 8 or 9 when all of this happened though I can't remember which was first.
I have vague memories of walking past the murder house after school. We had to cross the street because the police had the sidewalk blocked off that day.
The other murder is pretty much embedded in my memories as it was pretty terrifying when it happened. I lived at the very end of Commodore closer to Donald street. It was around 5-6, can't remember exactly but I know the sun was setting when all my brothers and sisters and mother were watching tv. We heard yelling outside and someone came yelling, banging and kicking on our front door. We had no idea what they were saying but we all ran to the bedroom and hid because we thought we were under attack by street thugs or something (keep in mind we were all under 10 years old). The next day we found out the guy banging on the door was running from his attackers. He had been yelling for help, banging on the neighbors doors as well. I guess the way he did it was terrifying for everyone because everubody seemed to hide in their homes as well and not answer. I know we saw the local news the next day with neighbors talking about the ordeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso