Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 07:40 PM

94 posts, read 428,600 times

Advertisements

is there any upside in this development? will there actually be any homes fabricated in this tract of lots anytime in the near future?
or any kind of real estate movement in this area or within a 20 mile radius of this particular area?

when i look up dell city texas in the city-data stats, it claims there is a population of only 400 people! here in nj i couldnt imagine a town with such a low population.

im just curious to see what information anyone has and if they have any information at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 07:59 PM

385 posts, read 1,556,032 times
I could be wrong but go to El Paso Times and check the archives for an article on that place. I believe it is a land scheme. There was all sorts of rumors about big box stores going in and the like and none of it was true. I don't even think the 400 people live close together there so its not much of a town either...again, I could be wrong here but I think I have read about this being a scam.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:22 PM

507 posts, read 1,660,168 times
Ive been to Dell City for a six-man football game. Dell City is actually a town. Its a small town of about 400 people off of US 180. They have a nice school there. That's about it

And for your Dell Garden Estates. What happened was that a developer is selling land for very cheap around dell city, claiming that it will be worth a lot one day due to the fact that El paso is growing fast. The land is basically in the middle of nowhere FAR FAR away from El Paso. I dont even think it's worth it.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,818 times
We own a lot in dell garden estates witch was passed on to us when my husbands parents died years ago. About 3 or 4 yrs ago some one offered 100.00 for it. We said it wasn't worth messing with. Last week premiere property services called & offered at least 27,900 if we would send them 898.00 to get the paper work started because this developer wanted to build a housing developement there. When I told him I would check with our lawyers he wanted to get of the phone in a hurry....ALL I CAN SAY IS SELLER BEWARE........

Last edited by patieo; 12-06-2011 at 03:20 PM..

Old 09-07-2013, 03:04 PM

371 posts, read 526,764 times
I bought a plot in dell gardens estates as a speculative investment. I live in NYC and I want to get rid of it. How do I do that?

I don't care about the money that I spent ($100). Will it ever be worth it?

Old 09-07-2013, 04:11 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Will it ever be worth it?
It's too far out and too isolated. I wouldn't expect it to appreciate in value.
It's off Hwy 62 and ~45 minutes from Dell City.
https://www.google.com/maps?saddr=de...=h&mra=ls&z=12

Old 09-08-2013, 10:43 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,719 times
I don't think there's water out that far. Probably going to stay undeveloped forever.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:06 PM

1,011 posts, read 2,832,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
I don't think there's water out that far. Probably going to stay undeveloped forever.
Yeah, way out near Dell City--that area will almost certainly long be known for its rural peace and quiet.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:43 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,522,953 times
patieo-- you should have called law enforcement as well.

Dell City Horizon City and places like that have little going for them. There is a reason they are so cheap and they always will be. El Paso is probably a good investment but but not the desert suburbs.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:34 AM

879 posts, read 3,037,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
patieo-- you should have called law enforcement as well.

Dell City Horizon City and places like that have little going for them. There is a reason they are so cheap and they always will be. El Paso is probably a good investment but but not the desert suburbs.
I have to disagree with you on Horizon City, that place is growing pretty fast as an El Paso suburb and is already getting several new restaurants, businesses and even its own large Wal-Mart supercenter that will open soon. It has some nice new housing areas and it won't be too long before it's connected to El Paso. This city grew by over 11,000 new people from 2000 to 2010, so if you can find some good lots to invest in this area, it might be worth looking into.

I do agree with you on Dell City, that town is really far from everything and really has not much going for it at all. I recently was there for business for a few days and wow, we had to rent a trailer in a trailer park as that was the only place to stay there. The people were really friendly but man, there was nothing to do at all. Pretty depressing town but the locals were super nice and wanted to know everything about you. Unless there is some kind of gold rush in the area or new major oil find or something, I don't ever see Dell City ever growing into anything bigger than the tiny farm town it is today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso