Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 06:57 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,443,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I think if the World Cup came to Juarez, it would benefit El Paso TX, Las Cruces NM and Juarez greatly.. and put yet another set of world eyes on us. This is great news, I hope they get the 2018 World Cup there.. Heck I may even try to go if I can.

Do they give a better idea just how south and about where it would be located?
Mexico would need at least 6 to 8 more venues like this one if they want any chance of hosting another world cup. I heard that FIFA is worried that South Africa will not be ready for 2010 and is possibly looking at alternate countries if needed. I heard that the U.S. might be an alternate or even Mexico, but I don't think Mexico would could be ready on such short notice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 01:56 PM

291 posts, read 648,449 times
IMO it´s more possible a 2018 world cup in the U.S. than in Mexico. USA has a very complete infrastructure in comparison with mexico.

Although stadiums are being built in Guadalajara, Torreon and Juarez and projected new stadiums in Mexico City and Monterrey in addition to the new de Aguascalientes, San Luis and Pachuca, I see distant the world cup. An America Cup in Mexico is more possible.

Regards!

Old 07-25-2008, 06:18 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,029,225 times
atleast Juarez gets a new arena, if we do its gonna be a small one at 12,000, Abq thinks small, not the smartest group of people running our city, but hey.

What part of Juarez is being modernized? I've only been over the bridges, never ventured past a few blocks, that arena looks good.

last time I was in El Paso I noticed a stadium near that huge Mexican flag in Juarez, What is that stadium called and what is it used for?

Old 07-26-2008, 12:11 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
last time I was in El Paso I noticed a stadium near that huge Mexican flag in Juarez, What is that stadium called and what is it used for?
I think thats a bull fighting arena?

Old 07-26-2008, 07:41 AM

291 posts, read 648,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
atleast Juarez gets a new arena, if we do its gonna be a small one at 12,000, Abq thinks small, not the smartest group of people running our city, but hey.

What part of Juarez is being modernized? I've only been over the bridges, never ventured past a few blocks, that arena looks good.

man, juarez has more than 1 million inhabitants, is a large city, with good and bad zones, the stadium you see maybe is the olimpic stadium benito juarez were indios play actually.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:05 AM

879 posts, read 3,037,721 times
Here is a good story about the Indios first game in the Mexican Primera División.
Indios to begin play in Mexico's top league today - El Paso Times
The game will be played later today at 6 pm and will be against U.A.G., it should be televised by one of the spanish stations out there.

I'm not much of a soccer fan, except for international games...but I might start checking this league out..now that Juarez has a team in it.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:39 PM

7 posts, read 30,487 times
Default traeling to Indios matches

Any of you folks attend Indios matches?I am looking at relocating when I retire(a while yet,probably 7 more years).I love the game and really want to be near enough to a pro team that I can attend most if not all of the matches.
I live outside of Wash. D.C. and have had season tickets for D.C. United since M.L.S. began in 1996 but can't see how I will be abel to afford to live here on my meager pension.Hopefully the real estate market in this area will rebound and I will be able to sell and relocate at that point.
Is there much hassle crossing over to Juarez?Is it safe?(relatively speaking,I mean I go into D.C. to see every united match and D.C. is not what
most people would call a "safe" place). thanks

Old 01-04-2009, 07:52 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times
Oh no, here we go again. Let me spare you the rest... No, Juarez is not safe. Period, end of that question.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:32 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
HOOK.. Thanks Man. I have to get up from laughing so hard. REP 4 U!

Old 01-05-2009, 12:27 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova4now View Post
Any of you folks attend Indios matches?I am looking at relocating when I retire(a while yet,probably 7 more years).I love the game and really want to be near enough to a pro team that I can attend most if not all of the matches.
I live outside of Wash. D.C. and have had season tickets for D.C. United since M.L.S. began in 1996 but can't see how I will be abel to afford to live here on my meager pension.Hopefully the real estate market in this area will rebound and I will be able to sell and relocate at that point.
Is there much hassle crossing over to Juarez?Is it safe?(relatively speaking,I mean I go into D.C. to see every united match and D.C. is not what
most people would call a "safe" place). thanks

You need to move further into the interior of Mexico, Juarez had over 1600 murders in 2008, Washington DC had with 181 murders in 2007.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso