Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 10:55 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,807,778 times

Advertisements

Grayson is an american hero. This thread is case in point with all the hate filled ignorant republicans that do nothing but attack, hate, and name call. Grayson is the one thing the schoolyard bully republicans fear the most, a democrat that hits back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 05:18 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Default FactCheck Nails Grayson Again: How LOW Will This POS Go?

The "taliban Dan" ad.

Rep. Grayson Lowers the Bar | FactCheck.org

Quote:
We thought Democratic Rep. Alan Grayson of Florida reached a low point when he falsely accused his opponent of being a draft dodger during the Vietnam War, and of not loving his country. But now Grayson has lowered the bar even further. He’s using edited video to make his rival appear to be saying the opposite of what he really said.
Grayson truly exemplifies the tactics and behavior of the Left. He's a liar, a cheat, a loud-mouthed creep.

How does he think he can get away with this kind of stuff?

How do those that support this guy, think he's a great example of what a lefty should be and behave, how do they feel now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Grayson is an american hero. This thread is case in point with all the hate filled ignorant republicans that do nothing but attack, hate, and name call. Grayson is the one thing the schoolyard bully republicans fear the most, a democrat that hits back
Still a hero? Lying, cheating, manipulating video? That's your idea of a hero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I have full confidence in Grayson making the right decsion. You are so concerned for the feelings and well being of the of the veterans so I would imagine that you know where Grayson stands on the issues that are important to them. Who are you supporting and where are they on the issues? There are candidates on the right that want to privatize VA hospitals. Did you know that? Scared? Of what? It's the Republicans that are scared...of Grayson. He's got gonads and it is freaking the right out. I'm sure that this Grayson/vets story is being pumped up by Fox and other spin machines. I get updates from Grayson's site and I'll even give them a call...I've done so before to congratulate him on his stances and introduced legislation.
Did he make the right decision in these two ads he's been nailed on? No one is freaking out. Factcheck and the voters are finding out just what kind of POS this guy really is. Is this the type of leftist you hold up - a liar, a cheater, a manipulator of video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

I am not one of your DIRECT constituents, though I had to complete the address field as if I were, so I could make sure you heard the voice of a Progressive Liberal Democrat who is a HUGE FAN of yours on a very important issue.

I am PROUD of your conduct in Congress on behalf of Democratic causes and issues. I LOVED your rendition of the Republicans' health care plan -- "Don't get sick. And if you do get sick, die quickly."
Still feel that way after this second ad of his?

Last edited by sanrene; 09-28-2010 at 05:32 AM..

Old 09-28-2010, 05:26 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The "taliban Dan" ad.

Rep. Grayson Lowers the Bar | FactCheck.org

Grayson truly exemplifies the tactics and behavior of the Left. He's a liar, a cheat, a loud-mouthed creep.

How does he think he can get away with this kind of stuff?

How do those that support this guy, think he's a great example of what a lefty should be and behave, how do they feel now?
Grayson will go as low as the Repubs. I wish more Dems would do that.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:39 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times
Quote:
I couldn't agree more.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:42 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Still a hero? Lying, cheating, manipulating video? That's your idea of a hero?
IDK, it seems to work great for Fox News.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:22 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,126 times
Default Grayson's Despicable Out of Context Ad

Hot Air » Video: The context behind Grayson’s despicable “Taliban Dan†ad

There are plenty of crooks, liars, and self-serving, self-proclaimed elites in Washington. There are plenty of despicable people. But Grayson is near the top of the list for being one of the most despicable.

In a recent ad, Grayson purposely cut, edited and took something completely out of context in his "Taliban Dan" ad.

Im guessing this wont be on the medias priorities as much as that woman was who was fired for out of context video of her remarks to the NAACP.

YouTube - Webster InContext

Factcheck says that “Rep. Grayson lowers the bar,†and notes that this is just a progression of campaign smears:

"We thought Democratic Rep. Alan Grayson of Florida reached a low point when he falsely accused his opponent of being a draft dodger during the Vietnam War, and of not loving his country. But now Grayson has lowered the bar even further. He’s using edited video to make his rival appear to be saying the opposite of what he really said. …

The ad compares Webster to “religious fanatics†in Afghanistan and Iran. It says Webster opposes abortion even in cases of rape or incest, which is true. But it also claims that “Webster wants to impose his radical fundamentalism on us,†and to support that claim it blatantly misuses a video clip of Webster speaking at a Christian conference in Nashville in 2009. …

Webster’s positions on abortion and marriage, and his religious views, are certainly fair game. But Grayson crosses the line when he uses manipulated video to cast Webster’s views in a false light, just as he did when he concocted a false accusation that Webster had been a Vietnam draft dodger."

And to think, some people have the audacity to support this piece of trash.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:27 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,482 times
Default Alan Grayson:

YouTube - AD: "Taliban Dan Webster"

Now for the actual video that Grayson took out of context

YouTube - Alan Grayson vs. The Truth

Now how many on the left is going to be ticked off with Grayson taking his words out of context and haave a problem with this despicable ad

Grayson's 'Taliban' ad backfires - POLITICO.com Print View

Old 09-28-2010, 08:30 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,482 times
Alan Grayson 'Taliban Dan' ad: U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson's ad uses quotes from Republican opponent Dan Webster taken out of context, twisting their meaning - OrlandoSentinel.com

Grayson's 'Taliban Dan' ad takes Webster's words out of context, twists meaning

Old 09-28-2010, 08:37 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,126 times
ItSo after constant hate and mean spiritedness from Grayson, on top of outright purposeful lies and editing a video to make Webster look evil, you loser despicable people on the Left will call this man Grayson an American hero? Are you serious? And you wonder why people see liberalism as a mental disorder.....

Such a shame that we still have people in this country that are evil and twisted enough to view someone like Grayson as a hero.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
How can anyone really claim her is an American hero? What do you make of his lies and taking things out of context? Is that what you call an American hero? If so, no wonder we are falling out of grace with the world..

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections