Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 10:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,671,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
There are plenty of other people running for the senate this year who aren't under national scrutiny however......even though they have a much better chance of actually being elected in the end.No one outside of delaware would be paying much attention to this race had castle won the primary even though he likely would have actually won the general election.I doubt you could find more than a handful of people in neighboring maryland or virginia who could tell you the names of the candidates in the west virginia senate race,for that matter more west virginians probably know christine mcdonnells name than the two wva candidates and one of them is the current governor!

I understand that who gets elected in different states affects us all but that still doesn't change the fact that non state residents have no say in the matter.Odonnell isn't getting national scrutiny because she is poised to become the next senator from delaware but rather because of the medias facination with the struggle between the 'old guard'and the 'teaparty'within the gop.The fact that shes a cute woman whos said some silly things in the past just adds to the carnival atmosphere.The national media is paying no attention to any other candidate in a senate race who is trailing in the polls by double digits nor are they asking any 'issues' questions in this one.
As far as the media and the uninformed masses are concerned, it's all about selling newsprint. Satanisn and masterbation sell.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:39 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,183,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
There are plenty of other people running for the senate this year who aren't under national scrutiny however......even though they have a much better chance of actually being elected in the end.No one outside of delaware would be paying much attention to this race had castle won the primary even though he likely would have actually won the general election.I doubt you could find more than a handful of people in neighboring maryland or virginia who could tell you the names of the candidates in the west virginia senate race,for that matter more west virginians probably know christine mcdonnells name than the two wva candidates and one of them is the current governor!

I understand that who gets elected in different states affects us all but that still doesn't change the fact that non state residents have no say in the matter.Odonnell isn't getting national scrutiny because she is poised to become the next senator from delaware but rather because of the medias facination with the struggle between the 'old guard'and the 'teaparty'within the gop.The fact that shes a cute woman whos said some silly things in the past just adds to the carnival atmosphere.The national media is paying no attention to any other candidate in a senate race who is trailing in the polls by double digits nor are they asking any 'issues' questions in this one.
How far back is "the past," to her supporters?

"'She has a shady history and we’re not talking ancient history,' conservative radio host Dan Gaffney tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD. 'We’re talking current history, and she lies about it....It doesn’t sound stable when you add it all up.'"

Citing "Mental Anguish," Christine O'Donnell Sought $6.9 Million in Gender Discrimination Lawsuit Against Conservative Group

Old 09-24-2010, 11:05 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,383,390 times
I have no problem seeing true witches voted into office. As long as they are not stupid and manipulative.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:01 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,740,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
As far as the media and the uninformed masses are concerned, it's all about selling newsprint. Satanisn and masterbation sell.
I dont care how many times she does or does not diddle herself... but I do not want a member in Congress representing me who is cutting the heads off of chickens, or worse, and sprinkling the blood on some damn altar.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:44 PM

23,581 posts, read 17,258,837 times
Default A pox on their house......

Satanists have equal rights already, don't they?

Better the Satanists than Barney, Tim, 'the tax cheat', Dodd and Bernanke, et al, the devil's brigade that abandoned their official responsibilities to allow us to get deep into the current economic mess.

What!?
They are still ruinning the government's economic policies?????????
What does it take to get them out of the way????????
An evil spell?

Old 09-27-2010, 08:05 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,438,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
How far back is "the past," to her supporters?

"'She has a shady history and we’re not talking ancient history,' conservative radio host Dan Gaffney tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD. 'We’re talking current history, and she lies about it....It doesn’t sound stable when you add it all up.'"

Citing "Mental Anguish," Christine O'Donnell Sought $6.9 Million in Gender Discrimination Lawsuit Against Conservative Group
I wouldn't characterize myself as 'one of her supporters'.I don't live in delaware so it wouldn't gain her anything if i was.
I think I was pretty clear that I don't think whether a 40+ year old woman dabbled in some loosely defined version of 'witchcraft' in high school is important nor are her 15+ year old views on masturbation as spouted on mtv....I really dont personally care if she still dabbles in witchcraft and am not particularly interested in her current self gratification practices.

I stated she should be talking to 'local media' since it doesn't matter what people 'nationally' think about her.Dan Gaffney is 'local media' and I would agree that questions about her honesty and mental stability are valid if there is evidence that she is not.Questions about her political views are pretty important too,especially if people are going to repeatedly call her an 'extremist'.......perhaps she is one,I can't tell since I've heard very few attacks on any specific policy ideas of hers.I would assume voters would be interested in how she would tend to vote on issues or what kinds of laws she would promote.....but maybe not....the media and people chortling on about the 'witch who wants to outlaw masturbation' I suppose is more entertaining...whether its true or not

Old 09-28-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post

'Masterbation sells?'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO3-b_KQXVc

Old 10-06-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Satanists have equal rights already, don't they?

Better the Satanists than Barney, Tim, 'the tax cheat', Dodd and Bernanke, et al, the devil's brigade that abandoned their official responsibilities to allow us to get deep into the current economic mess.

What!?
They are still ruinning the government's economic policies?????????
What does it take to get them out of the way????????
An evil spell?

Shes losing now, big time - guees the Satanic voting bloc just aint that strong...

Poll: O’Donnell getting trounced in race GOP once led | Raw Story

Old 10-06-2010, 01:35 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,754,246 times
C'mon people. Witches are not Satanists who are not Witches. Do a little research.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Just like the Liberal Dems want to give Gays equal rights, so do Tea Partiers like O'Donnell want to give Satanists equal rights!

Clue: Satanist have had equal rights. Nothing to give there!

Government isn't god, to give or take rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections