Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 03:07 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,536 times

Advertisements

Just like the Liberal Dems want to give Gays equal rights, so do Tea Partiers like O'Donnell want to give Satanists equal rights!

Old 09-24-2010, 03:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Just like the Liberal Dems want to give Gays equal rights, so do Tea Partiers like O'Donnell want to give Satanists equal rights!
that has to be among your dumbest statements so far..

Nita

Old 09-24-2010, 04:28 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
that has to be among your dumbest statements so far..

Nita
Aw, another offended Satanist!

Old 09-24-2010, 05:29 PM

516 posts, read 375,972 times
Welcome to ignore. Buh-bye.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:35 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,109 times
I believe satanists already have equal rights.If o'donnell is really such an extremist why aren't people attacking her on the issues but rather going on ad infinitum about silly things she did or said a decade or two ago?Some of them were good for a laugh for a day or so but whether she played headmistress of the 'coven of satan,imported wine and pizza' for a few days/weeks/months in highschool or denied playing with herself a decade ago isn't too relevant to the real world today.

Judging by the guy that spent decades in that seat one could surmise that a record of saying silly/stupid things was a requirement to attain it.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:45 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
I believe satanists already have equal rights.If o'donnell is really such an extremist why aren't people attacking her on the issues but rather going on ad infinitum about silly things she did or said a decade or two ago?Some of them were good for a laugh for a day or so but whether she played headmistress of the 'coven of satan,imported wine and pizza' for a few days/weeks/months in highschool or denied playing with herself a decade ago isn't too relevant to the real world today.

Judging by the guy that spent decades in that seat one could surmise that a record of saying silly/stupid things was a requirement to attain it.
He's not one of us.

Satan

Old 09-24-2010, 09:13 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:

I have no problem giving her a pass on Satanism and I'll even give her a pass on the masterbation thing although if she gets elected and passes it into law, I'll have to get rid of my rubber chicken collection.

What I do have a problem with is the fact that she wants us to ignore her past, she refuses to talk about her platform for the future, She has stated she will shun the national media for the present, so what's left to measure and inquire as to her competentcy for a senatorial role? "Hey, Christe, Whadya have for lunch today?" Just proves to me that truth is stranger than fiction. Really, you can't make this **** up.

Last edited by mohawkx; 09-24-2010 at 09:40 PM..

Old 09-24-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I have no problem giving her a pass on Satanism and I'll even give her a pass on the masterbation thing although if she gets elected and passes it into law, I'll have to get rid of my rubber chicken collection.

What I do have a problem with is the fact that she wants us to ignore the past, she refuses to talk about her platform for the future, She has stated she will shun the national media, so what's left to measure and inquire as to her competentcy for a senatorial role? "Hey, Christe, Whadya have for lunch today?" Just proves to me that truth is stranger than fiction. Really, you can't make this **** up.
Why should the national media be of any real importance in the race?Most of the people discussing the issue,[myself included],aren't residents of delaware and therefore have no say in the situation anyway.Local media is who she 'should' be talking to.....about her 'platform for the future'.If she isn't or if the voters of delaware don't agree with it she won't get elected.I doubt any of the silliness will have much effect on election day either way.Delaware isn't a state known for electing conservatives.......she would be a longshot regardless.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:48 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:
Why should the national media be of any real importance in the race?Most of the people discussing the issue,[myself included],aren't residents of delaware and therefore have no say in the situation anyway.Local media is who she 'should' be talking to.....about her 'platform for the future'.If she isn't or if the voters of delaware don't agree with it she won't get elected.I doubt any of the silliness will have much effect on election day either way.Delaware isn't a state known for electing conservatives.......she would be a longshot regardless.
I would agree with you on that point. But as to why she is under national scrutiny, it's because she is running for the United States Senate. These are the hundred people, two from each state which decide our nation's future. The decisions she makes if elected affect all of us. Senators don't decide what type of tax to increase for Delaware, they decide what tax to raise or cut on all of us.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I would agree with you on that point. But as to why she is under national scrutiny, it's because she is running for the United States Senate. These are the hundred people, two from each state which decide our nation's future. The decisions she makes if elected affect all of us. Senators don't decide what type of tax to increase for Delaware, they decide what tax to raise or cut on all of us.
There are plenty of other people running for the senate this year who aren't under national scrutiny however......even though they have a much better chance of actually being elected in the end.No one outside of delaware would be paying much attention to this race had castle won the primary even though he likely would have actually won the general election.I doubt you could find more than a handful of people in neighboring maryland or virginia who could tell you the names of the candidates in the west virginia senate race,for that matter more west virginians probably know christine mcdonnells name than the two wva candidates and one of them is the current governor!

I understand that who gets elected in different states affects us all but that still doesn't change the fact that non state residents have no say in the matter.Odonnell isn't getting national scrutiny because she is poised to become the next senator from delaware but rather because of the medias facination with the struggle between the 'old guard'and the 'teaparty'within the gop.The fact that shes a cute woman whos said some silly things in the past just adds to the carnival atmosphere.The national media is paying no attention to any other candidate in a senate race who is trailing in the polls by double digits nor are they asking any 'issues' questions in this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.