Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 12:51 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,829,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
Can you imagine O'donnell having that much political power, she's a nut!
When the elite fear a candidate might actually change the status quo they quickly label them nuts. Every single candidate I can think of that wants to make significant spending cuts are being called crazy.

The elite are small in number (by definition) but they can count on plenty of regular everyday citizens to spread the name calling propaganda for them. They repeat what they see on negative TV commercials. That just doesn't work as good as it used to. Maybe in Delaware it still does. But in many places the people are starting to wise up and don't absorb and accept the "crazy" insults like the political class wants and expects them to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 01:02 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,487,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
When the elite fear a candidate might actually change the status quo they quickly label them nuts. Every single candidate I can think of that wants to make significant spending cuts are being called crazy.

The elite are small in number (by definition) but they can count on plenty of regular everyday citizens to spread the name calling propaganda for them. They repeat what they see on negative TV commercials. That just doesn't work as good as it used to. Maybe in Delaware it still does. But in many places the people are starting to wise up and don't absorb and accept the "crazy" insults like the political class wants and expects them to.

It is really coming down to the fact that Left Wingers want to see the spending continue. They all have their hands out. Oh poor them. And taxpayers have to give them a free ride.

Obama is an idiot. He has no interest in helping America grow.

It's just unions. Wind energy. Level the playing field.

Obama is an idiot.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:46 AM

22,208 posts, read 19,497,725 times
Quote:

Perhaps they are being called crazy because they are saying a bunch of utterly crazy things??

Old 10-10-2010, 02:05 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,075,791 times
Quote:
Even if the Dem wins this race it still gves me great satisfaction that Mike Castle lost the primary. I bet he couldn't wait to "reach across the aisle" and work with dems. I LOVE the fact that he has been denied. RINOs are everything that's wrong with the political process. I want to see them all purged out of the Republican party. If a Senator is going to advance the Obama agenda I just assume they have a (D) in front of their names. Mike Castle losing the primary was one of my single favorite moments of 2010.
i disagree...always go for moderate republican...they are just like democrats

Old 10-10-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Mine as well, because now instead of having someone that may vote with Obama 40% of the time, we will have someone that will vote with him 95% of the time.
yes, that's good!!! now we can see what policies are good
instead of being confused with why obama is not doing much change.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:18 AM

Quote:
I'm to the point where I only trust the politicians who get classified as "nitwit" "crazy" or "too extreme". These are the only candidates who represent real change from the status quo. This is why the elite attacks them with such furor.
good job with Bush.
hope that works out well...FOR AMERICA!!!
real change comes either the regresive or the progresive way.
that being a supermajority in all 3 branches! meaning a supermajority in the population...and that will only happen when alot of regresives realize they are wrong.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
It is really coming down to the fact that Left Wingers want to see the spending continue. They all have their hands out. Oh poor them. And taxpayers have to give them a free ride.

Obama is an idiot. He has no interest in helping America grow.

It's just unions. Wind energy. Level the playing field.

Obama is an idiot.
As opposed to Bush,
and all other regresive authoritarian hypocrite candidates that you support?
Bush was definately an idiot
Obama is definately smarter
definately.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:46 AM

1,077 posts, read 3,240,827 times
Quote:

They repeat what they see on negative TV commercials.
That's the thing though, with her, she sheds her own negative light on herself, no negative TV commercials are needed.....

Old 10-10-2010, 01:16 PM

888 posts, read 1,187,881 times
How does the GOP even FIND a candidate like O'Donnell????
Pack 300 people into an auditorium, and give them an IQ test.
Lowest score, gets the nomination.

Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections