Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 01:44 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,435,238 times

Advertisements

Looks like the people of Delaware don't think much of a witch who advocates an end to masturbation. This seat has literally been handed to the Democrats by the teabaggers. Thanks fools.

Quote:
One week before a Delaware Senate debate co-moderated by CNN's Wolf Blitzer, two new polls indicate Democratic Senate nominee Chris Coons has a large lead over Republican counterpart Christine O'Donnell in the battle to win the seat held for nearly four decades by Vice President Joe Biden. A Fairleigh Dickinson University PublicMind survey released Wednesday indicates that 53 percent of likely voters in Delaware are supporting Coons, with 36 percent backing O'Donnell.

According to a University of Delaware Center for Political Communication survey also released Wednesday, 49 percent of Delaware registered voters questioned support Coons, with three in ten backing O'Donnell and 13 percent undecided.
TRENDING: O’Donnell far behind, new polls say – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 02:21 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,826,279 times
Even if the Dem wins this race it still gves me great satisfaction that Mike Castle lost the primary. I bet he couldn't wait to "reach across the aisle" and work with dems. I LOVE the fact that he has been denied. RINOs are everything that's wrong with the political process. I want to see them all purged out of the Republican party. If a Senator is going to advance the Obama agenda I just assume they have a (D) in front of their names. Mike Castle losing the primary was one of my single favorite moments of 2010.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:27 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Even if the Dem wins this race it still gves me great satisfaction that Mike Castle lost the primary. I bet he couldn't wait to "reach across the aisle" and work with dems. I LOVE the fact that he has been denied. RINOs are everything that's wrong with the political process. I want to see them all purged out of the Republican party. If a Senator is going to advance the Obama agenda I just assume they have a (D) in front of their names. Mike Castle losing the primary was one of my single favorite moments of 2010.
Mine as well, because now instead of having someone that may vote with Obama 40% of the time, we will have someone that will vote with him 95% of the time.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:33 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
She doesn't have a chance in hell of winning. I'd have to question the sanity of anyone who does vote for her.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:21 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,852,666 times
Jay F wrote;
Quote:
Mike Castle losing the primary was one of my single favorite moments of 2010.
Way to put a positive spin on a loss. If I cared enough I'd go read how many posts you're written proclaiming that "Delaware will go R this November!"

I can't believe that 36% of ANY GROUP, outside of the institutionalized, would vote for this idiotic woman.

I'm sure some of the paid right wing posters will be on here soon to proclaim that this poll is invalid because THEY haven't seen the underlying data, or had an opportunity to "deep mine" it, or because some group (complete whack job wannabe witches with an attention psychosis?) is underrepresented.

Let's watch the thread so we can see which one pops up first.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:20 PM

888 posts, read 1,187,331 times
You're forgetting the 25% of Americans polled, that thought George Bush did a GOOD JOB as President, at the end of his term in office.
Hard to have a reasonable discussion with THAT crowd.

Steve

Old 10-06-2010, 04:26 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Actually 36% is about all of the GOBP in Delaware

Old 10-07-2010, 12:57 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,826,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Mine as well, because now instead of having someone that may vote with Obama 40% of the time, we will have someone that will vote with him 95% of the time.

I took a good look at Castle's record and can say on any important issue to me he is no different than a Democrat. He voted for TARP and all bailouts. He has said that he favors Cap and Trade. He should just go ahead and switch parties.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:08 AM

548 posts, read 2,098,368 times
Christine O'Donnell is a nitwit. What concerns me is the large number of similar nitwits crawling out of the political woodwork and doing well, Palin and Rand Paul come to mind. Things have really deteriorated here in the US.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:29 AM

22,194 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I took a good look at Castle's record and can say on any important issue to me he is no different than a Democrat. He voted for TARP and all bailouts. He has said that he favors Cap and Trade. He should just go ahead and switch parties.
Castle is a throwback to an old school Republican. There was a time, not all that long ago in which a moderate wing of the GOP actually existed. Castle is someone who will work across party lines, he is someone who will vote with the Democrats on some issues, and Republicans on other issues. He is also someone who will vote for a Republican (likely McConnell) as Majority leader.

Coons on the other hand is a staunch liberal Democrat. He is not going to vote with the GOP on virtually anything. The times he breaks with Obama, will likely be towards his left. Coons will vote for a Democrat as Majority leader (Reid or Schumer, and Schmuer I think may get the nod even if Reid defeats Angle, which I think he will do).

I think they would fall a couple seats from it anyway, but its possible that the Majority leader and the Majority in the Senate could come down to just one seat. The GOP had a chance to pick up a seat in a Democratic state, in fact an excellent chance. They threw it away. When you are dealing with a state that favors the other party you need a candidate who can get some votes from the other party and appeal to Independents. That goes for Republicans in Democratic states, and Democrats in Republican states. Castle had that appeal, and he is the only type of Republican that can win a state like Delaware. O'Donnell does not. She has no appeal outside the GOP base, and a state like Delaware that won't get you elected. So thanks for supporting Chris Coons's getting elected to the United States Senate, someone who is well to the left of Mike Castle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections