Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 01:45 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,599,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think what he benefitted from and true Amnesty for all illegals here in the country are 2 different things, or I hope they are. It's like Reagan signing the Amnesty bill, his idea wasn't to have everyone who wanted to sneak over a border to be forgiven.

Nita
What Rubio benefitted from in the Cuban Adjustment Act was completely unique . It was an entitlement package deal unlike any other before or after, for immigrant or citizen. Americans used to be told by bankers in Miami that if they want a business loan they should get a Cuban partner in order to qualify for an interest-free business loan. Now Rubio wants to go to DC and cut entitlements and social programs for Americans! This is unconscionable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 09:01 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,558,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If this is not what they want, why wouldn't they support Crist or Meek? I happen to have 2 kids in Florida, they are both strongly behind Rubio. I doubt either could be considered part of the Good Ole Boy anything.

Nita
I wouldn't vote for Rubio.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:03 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,558,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Since I have been in Florida for 21 years, I think I am ok to comment on this thread......but I will say this.........how do your children living in Florida make denying that there is a GOB (good ole boy) network a reality?
Because it is alive and well here. Newer transplants are usually oblivious to it, but long term transplants and natives know its here.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:55 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,020,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Meek is down in the polls, and he just turned down an endorsement from Sierra Club, yes he rejected Sierra Club! He will never win now.
Florida Politics | Sun Sentinel blog | Meek rejects Sierra Club co-endorsement

Rubio (Tea Party candidate) is ahead. Florida does not need more ultra-rightwingery, our state is already notoriously known for low wages & as a "Right to Work state" (union-busting state) , even BEFORE the economy went south.

Floridians, are you with me? Please request Meek's offices to ask him to throw his support behind Charlie Crist:

Florida Offices - Google Maps
I'm not from Florida, but have wondered the same thing. Meek is so far behind and Rubio so far ahead that it's impossible for Meek to win. If he bowed out, couldn't he come back again at a later time and just say that he did it for the sake of the party?

Last edited by wehotex; 10-14-2010 at 10:04 PM..

Old 10-14-2010, 10:13 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,711,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Ugh, I may be spending more time in Missouri if Rubio gets voted in.
well Missouri is the "show me state"

I'm not quite sure what they show there, but it must be nice

Old 10-14-2010, 11:42 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,879,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
well Missouri is the "show me state"

I'm not quite sure what they show there, but it must be nice
If it were only Florida that Rubio would do damage to, it would be easier to take, the problem is, it is not just Florida.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:08 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,774,915 times
Quote:
Meek is down in the polls, and he just turned down an endorsement from Sierra Club, yes he rejected Sierra Club! He will never win now.
Florida Politics | Sun Sentinel blog | Meek rejects Sierra Club co-endorsement

Rubio (Tea Party candidate) is ahead. Florida does not need more ultra-rightwingery, our state is already notoriously known for low wages & as a "Right to Work state" (union-busting state) , even BEFORE the economy went south.

Floridians, are you with me? Please request Meek's offices to ask him to throw his support behind Charlie Crist:

Florida Offices - Google Maps

Yeah, no one should have the right to work!

Old 10-15-2010, 08:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,888,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I wouldn't vote for Rubio.
who cares who you would vote for in Fl or who I would. I don't live in Florida. I am giving my opinion, you have a right to yours. I am simply saying, many Floridians do not agree with the OP. They are strongly behind Rubio.

Nita

Old 10-16-2010, 08:11 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,978,814 times
Quote:
I may be going to a Meek/Clinton rally. Do I keep my big mouth shut, do I support Crist on a sign, do I stay home, etc.? Need some sage feedback from you I don't want to be a party pooper, but someone's ego is not worth the State of Florida.
Crist has the largest ego of all three candidates. You really want someone as corrupt as Crist? He's on the ultimate power trip. Meek at least appears to be an honest candidate even if he is ultra-left. Why so ready to throw him under the bus? Are you just another fair weather voter with no ethics whatsoever? If so, you and Crist are a good pair! Birds of a feather even.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,997,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I'm not from Florida, but have wondered the same thing. Meek is so far behind and Rubio so far ahead that it's impossible for Meek to win. If he bowed out, couldn't he come back again at a later time and just say that he did it for the sake of the party?
I would think any democrat or liberal with a little bit of integrity would want Crist to bow out, since Meeks is the TRUE democrat...no? Seems Meeks would have a decent shot if Crist weren't in there.

Why would a liberal/dem vote for Crist? The man has no honor, morals, value, integrity or loyalty.....oh wait!

I can't understand how anyone could cast a vote for Crist, after all he has said and done and then did a complete 360 on every issue and value he ever had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections