Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 07:51 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,566 times

Advertisements

Meek is down in the polls, and he just turned down an endorsement from Sierra Club, yes he rejected Sierra Club! He will never win now.
Florida Politics | Sun Sentinel blog | Meek rejects Sierra Club co-endorsement

Rubio (Tea Party candidate) is ahead. Florida does not need more ultra-rightwingery, our state is already notoriously known for low wages & as a "Right to Work state" (union-busting state) , even BEFORE the economy went south.

Floridians, are you with me? Please request Meek's offices to ask him to throw his support behind Charlie Crist:

Florida Offices - Google Maps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 07:58 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Meek is down in the polls, and he just turned down an endorsement from Sierra Club, yes he rejected Sierra Club! He will never win now.

Rubio (Tea Party candidate) is ahead. Florida does not need more ultra-rightwingery, our state is already notoriously known for low wages & as a "Right to Work state" (union-busting state) , even BEFORE the economy went south.

Floridians, are you with me? Please request Meek's offices to ask him to throw his support behind Charlie Crist:

So...you want to throw under the bus a black democrat candidate in favor of the treacherous, say-anything, do-anything to get elected, snake in the grass Crist?

Aside from the "politics", doesn't it bother you the way Crist has done things, the way he has suddenly turned on everything he supposedly believed in as a "conservative" and now, he will "become" a democrat just to stay in power?

He is embodies EVERYTHING that is WRONG with politicians today.

Why not ask Crist to step aside instead?

Old 10-14-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So...you want to throw under the bus a black democrat candidate in favor of the treacherous, say-anything, do-anything to get elected, snake in the grass Crist?

Aside from the "politics", doesn't it bother you the way Crist has done things, the way he has suddenly turned on everything he supposedly believed in as a "conservative" and now, he will "become" a democrat just to stay in power?

Crist took the stimulus for the state of Florida, then GOP threw him under the bus. Flip-flopper maybe, however he risked everything for Floridians. I prefer someone who will sacrifice himself for Floridians rather than voting straight ticket any-party "just because".

And Meek doesn't have a prayer. Our alternative is Rubio

Old 10-14-2010, 08:15 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:

I have been pounding his office with e-mails to do that. Making comments on his Facebook page, telling as many other people as I can to do the same.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I have been pounding his office with e-mails to do that. Making comments on his Facebook page, telling as many other people as I can to do the same.
I may be going to a Meek/Clinton rally. Do I keep my big mouth shut, do I support Crist on a sign, do I stay home, etc.? Need some sage feedback from you I don't want to be a party pooper, but someone's ego is not worth the State of Florida.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:20 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

What is wrong, and has been for 30yrs, is the far right wing idiocy that has dominate Wash. Rubio, embodies that RW idiocy to a T. We moved a little away from it in 2008, we must continue to move away in the coming years.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:

and could this be because this is what the people of Florida want. Maybe, like many other states they do not want total union control. No, anti union does not mean ultra conservative.

NIta

Old 10-14-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and could this be because this is what the people of Florida want. Maybe, like many other states they do not want total union control. No, anti union does not mean ultra conservative.

NIta
No this is not what Floridians want, this is what the Good Ole Boy Network (longtime power structure in FL) wants.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:28 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
If you vote for Charlie Crist, you deserve what you get. The only party he supports is the Opportunist Party. He's no different than Arlen Specter or Michael Bloomberg in NY who has been a Democrat, a Republican and now an Independent. Crist has no values except for his own career. He'll jump whichever way the wind is blowing to benefit personally.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:30 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Rubio is going to win. There's just no changing that. He's on track to win a landslide as he is ahead by double digits. Although one thing I don't like about Rubio, I have a gut feeling he is pro-amnesty considering the fact he benefited from the Cuban Adjustment Act
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections