Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 12:09 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,289,826 times

Advertisements

If you are a republican or a democrat, you are not part of the problem……
YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!
Independent’s are the only people who see that.
Take your crooked corporate lackey candidates and stuff them somewhere the sun does not shine.
Both parties need to be abolished because both parties are criminal conspirators.
They have both sold out the country and guilty of treason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 01:49 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
My Democrat husband just said something that made a lot of sense. He said that people are going to be voting for Republicans without looking at them objectively and we are going to go in the opposite direction just as badly as we went in this direction.

Please look at the person you are voting for, no matter what the party. I will be looking for candidates that stand for something and you know how they stand. I will be looking for character and honesty. When they passed the health plan with more than half of the country being against it, I said I will never vote for another Democrat, but I find one race in my district that the Democrat has so much more going for her than the person in office that made no waves and might as well not have been there. He was getting reelected, but not by me this time.

But if one candidate will tell me they will put a bill before congress that would require a presidential candidate or any other candidate to furnish proof of their qualifications such as natural born citizenship for the presidency, I will vote for that person. We don't need people who are so arrogant that they think we don't deserve proof of this before they go on the ballot to be holding any office in our land. I will agree that most of congress needs to be fired. Anybody that was in congress and did not ask for proof of Obama's natural born qualification, does not deserve to go back.

I want to add a note to this. Yesterday I was really tired and chilled out on the sofa watching TV. Big mistake! I got so irritated by the political adds. You would hear a candidates name once, and then the rest of the commercial would be telling you why you should not vote for the other person he/she was running against. If the only reason I should vote for a candidate is that he is the lesser of the two evils, then I am going to write in someone elses name. Neither of you deserve my vote. Tell me why I should vote for you, not why I should not vote for the other person. When you tell me why I should not vote for the other person, you are telling me there is no reason why I should vote for you.
Good post, I too try and look at what a candidate stands for, but this time I will vote mostly Republican. Actually I like the REpublican views better. I might vote for our governor again, he is a Democrat and I will vote for a couple other Democrats, one is running against a Green party candidate with some pretty far out ideas.

Nita

Old 10-22-2010, 01:52 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
If you are a republican or a democrat, you are not part of the problem……
YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!
Independent’s are the only people who see that.
Take your crooked corporate lackey candidates and stuff them somewhere the sun does not shine.
Both parties need to be abolished because both parties are criminal conspirators.
They have both sold out the country and guilty of treason.
Boy talk about negative and judgemental, WOW, where do you get off saying such a thing? Just because someone is a registered whatever does not make that person part of any problem, nor does it say he/she will vote one way or the other.

Nita

Old 10-22-2010, 08:12 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Boy talk about negative and judgemental, WOW, where do you get off saying such a thing? Just because someone is a registered whatever does not make that person part of any problem, nor does it say he/she will vote one way or the other.

Nita

How right you are. I notice this poster didn't take a crack at my questions about the "independent" position on controversial subjects. "independents" and "moderates" are frauds. They come down on one side or another on controversial subjects. They like to appear above it all but they are just as partisan as anybody else.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:13 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimac View Post
Independents,
Before Independents or undecideds go to the voting booth, for once I'd like to offer links that explain the good things President Obama's Administration and the Democratic Congress have done, and the bad things the Senate Republicans have done. Thank you for looking at these, even tho they are basically pro-Democratic webpages. I know no one can agree on everything in these links, plenty of room to argue depending on your views, but at least the info here is more factual and in-depth than some of the hate commercials out there and angry retorts in here.

The first link is a website promoting African American interests, and the page is simply a long list of over 200 accomplishments that President Obama has achieved in his first two years in office, which is a response to those who say he hasn't done anything to help us. The second link is an interesting and lengthy breakdown of the whys and wherefores of the Senate Republican strategy of stalling hundreds of important bills in a distinctly partisan way and why the majority of 60 has become so important.

Blacks4Barack MORE NEWS !

Solid Evidence Emerges of Senate Republicans' Abuse of Power | NowPublic News Coverage

Thanks for your time. GG
Signing a piece of paper does not DO anything. Look at the wikileaks documents. Thats TWICE that someone has leaked classified military documents. And, Obama can't even keep his own house in order. the Salaki's sneak into his WH dinner... The General Mccrhystal rolling stone article, the bob Woodward book about Obaba & the war...
and then there is the gulf oil spill.
Obama hasn't really done much to help the country

Old 10-23-2010, 01:58 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
bad as things are ....I would NEVER vote Republican. Who do we vote for though to change the status quo? ?. The agents of change are in neither party. So very sick of the " business as usual, destroy middle class America attitude".

Old 10-26-2010, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
The republicans and democrats have ruined the country.... period. If you supported them, you supported the destruction of the country.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
How right you are. I notice this poster didn't take a crack at my questions about the "independent" position on controversial subjects. "independents" and "moderates" are frauds. They come down on one side or another on controversial subjects. They like to appear above it all but they are just as partisan as anybody else.
The republicans and democrats are criminals and traitors. They have run a prosperous country into the ground, they have destroyed the Constitution.
They have turned Washington into a whorehouse where the government is sold to the highest bidder. Anyone who supports the status quo is both an idiot, and a traitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections