Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 11:20 AM

9,536 posts, read 9,861,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Sorry, don't know too many white Democrats like this...
They probably like this better: (caution Graphic content)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 12:08 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,670,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
So blacks and hispanics are too stupid to think for themselves, and must be "educated", huh? More condescension and racism from the left.
LMAO. From the Left? Bite your tongue and slap the fingers that typed that. Oh, and try a little reading comprehension.

Educating people doesn't mean that you are telling them what to think. How odd you would imply that.

Too many Americans are too stupid or too lazy. All Americans, not just minority Americans. It's easier to believe what the left repeats over and over about the GOP than to question or research it.

What the dunce leaders in the GOP don't seem to understand is that too many Americans hear, repeat and believe the crap that folks like Alexus spew. The GOP does not effectively counter that stuff. Resorting to the left's racebaiting ways does not effectively counter it. It makes the GOP just like them.

Turning the other cheek to the left's wild assertions does not work either, and expecting more Americans to accept personal responsibility to educate themselves about the GOP is a pipe dream.

So yep, the GOP needs to better educate voters...unless it wants folks to continue believing the racially divisive messages "the Left" keep pounding about the GOP.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:31 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,594,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
They probably like this better: (caution Graphic content)

EXACTLY!!!

Old 11-03-2010, 01:34 PM

956 posts, read 1,115,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
So yep, the GOP needs to better educate voters...unless it wants folks to continue believing the racially divisive messages "the Left" keep pounding about the GOP.
Actions speak louder than words. If you're a black conservative, chances are you're not going to want to be at a rally where a significant amount of the rhetoric is directed towards the president's ethnicity instead of his policies. I see Ron Paul is a popular choice amongst many black conservatives because he focuses solely on policies. The same cannot be said of the mainstream Tea Party...

Old 11-03-2010, 02:03 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,670,189 times
Quote:
Actions speak louder than words. If you're a black conservative, chances are you're not going to want to be at a rally where a significant amount of the rhetoric is directed towards the president's ethnicity instead of his policies. I see Ron Paul is a popular choice amongst many black conservatives because he focuses solely on policies. The same cannot be said of the mainstream Tea Party...
This is a good example of the message to which I am referring.

Quote:
chances are you're not going to want to be at a rally where a significant amount of the rhetoric is directed towards the president's ethnicity instead of his policies
What rallies? Please back this up.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:09 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,891,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Didn't know you were so 'knowledgeable' about SC. Wow! Do you live here? Are you close friends with governors, Lt. Governors, and/or Legislative members? I AM! And I call you WRONG.
Yes I am quite knowledgeable about SC politics because I was born and raised in the state. But thanks for asking. And just because you are supposedly "close friends" with some politicians in the state doesn't mean you know how state politics work, because you clearly don't. If you did, you'd know that SC operates from a Reconstruction-era constitution that was explicitly revised to limit gubernatorial power just in case a Black person or carpetbagger was elected to the office and it's remained that way ever since. At least Gov. Sanford wanted to change that, but no way the Legislature was going to relinquish their power.

Do your research. Glenn McConnell runs South Carolina, not the governor.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Aside, I'm glad she won but she didn't win by a margin I would expect from a Republican in SC, especially during this election.
The SC electorate can have something close to a bright moment at times (which are few and far between, unfortunately). If this wasn't such an anti-Democratic establishment year, Sheheen could have very well won.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:11 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,594,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Yes I am quite knowledgeable about SC politics because I was born and raised in the state. But thanks for asking. And just because you are supposedly "close friends" with some politicians in the state doesn't mean you know how state politics work, because you clearly don't. If you did, you'd know that SC operates from a Reconstruction-era constitution that was explicitly revised to limit gubernatorial power just in case a Black person or carpetbagger was elected to the office and it's remained that way ever since. At least Gov. Sanford wanted to change that, but no way the Legislature was going to relinquish their power.

Do your research. Glenn McConnell runs South Carolina, not the governor.

All your OPINIONS. So glad you have moved on!

Old 11-03-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I seriously doubt that. The far left will accept nothing short of complete submission to their ideal.
The far right can't talk either with all of the ideological purging that's been going on in the GOP lately.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
All your OPINIONS. So glad you have moved on!
Oh I can only wish it were my opinion, but it's a well-documented fact sweetie:

South Carolina - African Americans - Major Events in Reconstruction Politics

South Carolina (http://www.cas.sc.edu/poli/courses/scgov/Articles/SC_Constitution_History.htm - broken link)

Gubernatorial Powers (http://www.cga.ct.gov/2000/rpt/olr/htm/2000-r-0505.htm - broken link)

Why are you "so glad I have moved on"? I never said a negative word about Haley, her opponent, or any political party. I only told the truth about how state politics work in SC. I suppose you took that to mean that I'm anti-Haley or a flaming liberal. It's pretty sad that you couldn't even reasonably engage me in a logical discussion first before spewing your vitriol all over the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections