Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 05:05 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times

Advertisements

In Iowa - Romney 23%, Bachmann 22%, Cain 10%
Bachmann hasn't started campaigning in Iowa yet (she starts Monday)

"69 percent of respondents said they could still be persuaded to support a candidate other than their first choice."

All others single digits.

Iowa caucus not until February 2012.

Iowa Poll: Romney, Bachmann in lead; Cain third; others find little traction | Iowa Caucuses

Is this typical this early that there is no clear front runner in Iowa?
Are you surprised Bachmann is so close to Romney in Iowa?
Should Romney be worried about Bachmann or is Iowa flukey?
Is 69% still persuadable surprising to you for this many months out in Iowa?
Is the 69% undecided about current choices or are they waiting for someone else to get in (in Iowa) and in your opinion? (Palin, Perry, Other)
Is 69% persuadable good news for Pawlenty or have they made up their minds about him already?
If you think Romney is a shoo in for New Hampshire and someone else wins Iowa, what does it mean if yet a third candidate wins South Carolina?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 07:22 AM

589 posts, read 376,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

"69 percent of respondents said they could still be persuaded to support a candidate other than their first choice."

Iowa Poll: Romney, Bachmann in lead; Cain third; others find little traction | Iowa Caucuses

Is the 69% undecided about current choices or are they waiting for someone else to get in (in Iowa) and in your opinion? (Palin, Perry, Other)
Is 69% persuadable good news for Pawlenty or have they made up their minds about him already?
If you think Romney is a shoo in for New Hampshire and someone else wins Iowa, what does it mean if yet a third candidate wins South Carolina?
If Perry doesn't run, be sure Bachmann will win Iowa, or maybe (surprise) Cain.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:23 AM

865 posts, read 623,609 times
Quote:

Not at all surprised that she's close in Iowa since she's from here (Waterloo).

I think it's still to early to call a real front-runner, but I'm pulling for her!

Old 06-26-2011, 10:18 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:

Well her family is FROM IOWA and she's a staunch Evangelical. If she doesn't have good showing in Iowa with those two things going for her she not a serious contender for the nomination. She also need to to well in South Carolina, another state with very conservative voters.

A better test for her will be how well she does in New Hampshire and Florida. We already now Bachman is a favorite of the Tea Party but how will she do with more moderate Republicans.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:25 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Well her family is FROM IOWA and she's a staunch Evangelical. If she doesn't have good showing in Iowa with those two things going for her she not a serious contender for the nomination. She also need to to well in South Carolina, another state with very conservative voters.

A better test for her will be how well she does in New Hampshire and Florida. We already now Bachman is a favorite of the Tea Party but how will she do with more moderate Republicans.
Do you think moderate Republicans aren't for lower taxes and smaller government? What do you think moderate Republicans are for?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:52 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
When you have a "Flake" running, who actually believe God made he do it, of course she will see a jump in the poll of flakey religulogues.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
When you have a "Flake" running, who actually believe God made he do it, of course she will see a jump in the poll of flakey religulogues.
I think you are taking what she says and believes out of context as usual.

I wonder how many of you watched the interview yesterday with Chris Wallace? If you had you certainly could not think she is a "Flake" or if you are honest and open your closed mind you couldn't think that. She can hold her own pretty damn well. BTW, This does not mean I am supporting her, I keep an open mind and will decide as we closer to the primaries in my state.

Nita

Old 06-27-2011, 08:25 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think you are taking what she says and believes out of context as usual.

I wonder how many of you watched the interview yesterday with Chris Wallace? If you had you certainly could not think she is a "Flake" or if you are honest and open your closed mind you couldn't think that. She can hold her own pretty damn well. BTW, This does not mean I am supporting her, I keep an open mind and will decide as we closer to the primaries in my state.

Nita
She is a flake, it seems to me, she has demonstrated it numerous times and I do hope she wins the nomination.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:39 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,534,951 times
Michelle Bachmann does well in a debate where as Tele-prompter Barry will have his hands full. At this point I too hope she gets the nomination. I don't think anyone else will tear into BarryO quite as brutally as she will.

Not a Flake fb, she's your worst nightmare.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:38 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,580 times
Default Bachmann will win Iowa

I said awhile ago she would win the republican nomination and be obliterated by Obama in the general.

The reason she will win Iowa is because its the only way she has a shot of staying in the race.

Very similar to Obama in 08. I thought Iowa was make or break for him. If he didn't show up, Clinton would've rolled through the rest of the primaries.

Iowa will put you in the headlines and change peoples minds, like it did for Obama in 08.

The climate and structure is in place for her in Iowa to succeed and defeat the democrat Romney. She wins Iowa, she can keep riding that momentum to the other states.

When futures come out on Intrade I'll buy a ton on her to win Iowa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections