Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 12:42 PM

2 posts, read 1,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
but libs, have fun with this one. I know you will.

Nita
We're having a blast with Palin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 12:47 PM

45,375 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Isn't Trump a Democrat?

Old 11-18-2010, 12:49 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,264,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
I have a hell of a lot more respect for a self made billionaire than I do some community activist that has never built anything, never ran anything and has never accomplished anything tangible.

Big difference between Bush II (who inherited his wealth and power) and guys like Trump, Gates, Perot, etc... that did it on their own. You may not like then but you have to respect their accomplishments.

Now I don't know if I'd vote for Trump as he's a bit of a loose cannon but I have more respect for him than I do for someone who was born into power (Bush) or someone like Obama that comes from liberal academia and has little practical life experience.
you do realize that trump came from a very wealthy family that and their history in real estate helped him immensely. trump's dad's estate was close to 400 million dollars when he passed away.

perot is definitely pure self made. gates is closer to perot than trump, though still from quite a wealthy family.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:05 PM

344 posts, read 462,539 times
He couldn't be any worse than the current president.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:45 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,075,128 times
He's smart and he's tough, understands the economy and actually knows how to create jobs. Add to that the fact that he wouldn't be intimidated by other smart and talented people - he's known for surrounding himself with the best and brightest.

All of the above make him exactly the opposite of the weak, incompetent,inexperienced egomaniac Obama and his legion of equally unqualified stooges.

I'd vote for him over Palin or Romney anyday. Just the fact that he's never been a politician (or lawyer) would be a breath of fresh air.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:58 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
I like "The Donald" but don't think he's "presidential"

Plus, I would love to hear what the xenophobs will say about his (2 outta 3) non-American wives. And I would love to hear what the "fiscal responsibility" TPers would have to say about "The Donald"s multiple bankruptcies and shady business deals in Mexico, etc, etc.

(LOL....2012 is gonna be BIG FUN)

Old 11-18-2010, 02:21 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
He's smart and he's tough, understands the economy and actually knows how to create jobs. Add to that the fact that he wouldn't be intimidated by other smart and talented people - he's known for surrounding himself with the best and brightest.

All of the above make him exactly the opposite of the weak, incompetent,inexperienced egomaniac Obama and his legion of equally unqualified stooges.

I'd vote for him over Palin or Romney anyday. Just the fact that he's never been a politician (or lawyer) would be a breath of fresh air.
I agree!!

Nothing could be worse than the community organizer with no skills we have now. And while I like Sarah Palin, I would not vote for her for President. Mitt Romney is a good choice.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:09 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,886,507 times
I like him. I think the would be fiscally conservative and socially libertarian. I know he couldn't win because he has been famous too long and not always in a flatering light. But I would support him.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:10 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,315 times
how many times has trump filed for bankruptcy

Old 11-18-2010, 07:11 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
how many times has trump filed for bankruptcy
I think that he has publicly admitted 3 bankruptcies (based on the larger more public projects) however I believe that the number of total bankruptcies is probably much greater (for smaller non-SEC regulated projects and the like)

Trump Says Bankruptcy Is Not Part Of His Brand - Bankruptcy Beat - WSJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections