Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 12:37 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,787,877 times

Advertisements

Rahm is going to win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 04:22 PM
M66

7 posts, read 3,214 times
right wing attack

Old 01-04-2011, 02:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,978,814 times
Judge rules that Rahm Emanuel is eligible for Chicago mayoral ballot - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Judge rules that Rahm Emanuel is eligible for Chicago mayoral ballot

By Daniel Strauss - 01/04/11 02:44 PM ET

Former White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel meets Chicago's residency requirement and can stay on the mayoral ballot, a judge ruled Tuesday afternoon.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:43 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,411,392 times
If I was still living in Chicago I would be very nervous.
Yeah! Dickey was a crook but he was a crook who loved his city.
Chicago is a jewel of a city and probably the nicest city in America in regard to being clean and beautiful.

This election is giving me flashbacks of Philadelphia when Fast Eddie left. Yes, he was another croney like Dickey but he loved Philadelphia, his town. Then Philadelphia was stuck with John Street and has been down the sewer ever since.

Will be a shame if Chi'Town heads down. Not a fan of Rahm the F' Man but he may be the only one of the group that can strong arm his way through the croneyism that controls the Windy City.

Wish you the best Chi'Town, you are at a crossroad.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:31 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,455,266 times
Maybe I'm just saying this because I adore Carol Moseley Braun and can't stand Rahm Emmanuel, but it seems to me that he clearly does not meet the residency requirement and if any ruling is otherwise that's just yet another instance of "who you know" ruling corrupt Chicago politics.

But yeah, it could totally be my bias. As a lifelong New Yorker, it bothered me not a bit that Hillary never established New York residency until she was running for office. Go figure.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:29 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,346,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
If I was still living in Chicago I would be very nervous.
Trust me, I am. I am planning my new exit strategy as we speak.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:33 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,346,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Q: How many Chicago mayors have been charged with a crime in office or afterward in the last 100 years? Give up?

A: NONE.
That's because the half that deserved to go to jail could buy off any judge that would rule over their trial. The state authorities that be figured "why waste money and get egg on our faces?" Also, the Feds were not after mayoral corruption in the old days.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:00 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,201,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
That's because the half that deserved to go to jail could buy off any judge that would rule over their trial.
Like whom? Allegations are easily made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
Also, the Feds were not after mayoral corruption in the old days.
That's just nonsensical. Ask Curley what happened in Boston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Maybe I'm just saying this because I adore Carol Moseley Braun and can't stand Rahm Emmanuel, but it seems to me that he clearly does not meet the residency requirement and if any ruling is otherwise that's just yet another instance of "who you know" ruling corrupt Chicago politics.
I think you do not understand applicable law. As I predicted before, Rahm clearly is a legal Chicago resident for the purpose of running for mayor. Anyone who believes something else is making an emotional judgment, not a legal one.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:12 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,978,814 times
Default Residency ruling appealed

Emanuel residency ruling appealed - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

The appeal comes the same day a Cook County Court judge agreed with a ruling by the Chicago Board of Elections that Rahm Emanuel has been a resident of Chicago while he was serving as President Obama's chief of staff.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:21 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,201,888 times
Rahm was just thrown off the ballot by the Appellate Court. We'll have to wait to see what the IL Supreme Court says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections