Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 01:09 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times

Advertisements

President Obama’s State of the Union was strongly bipartisan and made smart moves to the center, although it missed a chance to really tackle tough fiscal issues like meaningful entitlement reforms. His Arizona speech was terrific, his favorable ratings are climbing over 50, the economy is showing steady signs of improvement, and the stock market is up. So, how could he possibly lose his reelection bid? Just ask George H.W. Bush, who had an approval rating of nearly 90 percent two years out from his reelection. $#&! happens when you are at the helm of the free world. What could happen? Let us count the ways...

Obama's Reelection Chances: 12 Reasons He's Likely to Lose - The Daily Beast

A very good read and very informative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 05:07 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
President Obama’s State of the Union was strongly bipartisan and made smart moves to the center, although it missed a chance to really tackle tough fiscal issues like meaningful entitlement reforms. His Arizona speech was terrific, his favorable ratings are climbing over 50, the economy is showing steady signs of improvement, and the stock market is up. So, how could he possibly lose his reelection bid? Just ask George H.W. Bush, who had an approval rating of nearly 90 percent two years out from his reelection. $#&! happens when you are at the helm of the free world. What could happen? Let us count the ways...

Obama's Reelection Chances: 12 Reasons He's Likely to Lose - The Daily Beast

A very good read and very informative.
Dream on.
LOL

I've said it all along & I'll say it again - Obama will be EASILY re-elected.
Easily.

Ken

Old 02-07-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Dream on.
LOL

Easily.

Ken

good luck with that, only 1 person I know of can predict the future and be 100% correct, and they are not mortal.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
good luck with that, only 1 person I know of can predict the future and be 100% correct, and they are not mortal.
And yet YOUR link tried to do just that.

If you don't believe in "predicting the future" you shouldn't post a link to an article that does "just that".
Gee, a GOP strategist predicts Obama will lose - that's novel (NOT!)

Ken

Old 02-07-2011, 05:29 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,125,726 times
Quote:
Dream on.
LOL

Easily.

Ken
Because Obama ....

Old 02-07-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Because Obama ....
Because history has shown that Presidents running for re-election during an economic recovery pretty much always win.

Ken

Old 02-07-2011, 05:52 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Dream on.
LOL

Easily.

Ken
You got that right, they got nothing and in two years they will have even less. As for the "article"; talk about a hug pile of speculations and assumptions, I kept thinking wow, this what feeding the trolls actually looks like.
Casper

Old 02-07-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
And yet YOUR link tried to do just that.

If you don't believe in "predicting the future" you shouldn't post a link to an article that does "just that".
Gee, a GOP strategist predicts Obama will lose - that's novel (NOT!)

Ken

my link was just as a response to the thread started about pbo winning the election in 2012. I started it because the thread had the winning points, but nothing about the losing points.
12 Reasons Obama Wins in 2012

Old 02-07-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
my link was just as a response to the thread started about pbo winning the election in 2012. I started it because the thread had the winning points, but nothing about the losing points.
12 Reasons Obama Wins in 2012
Ok, but that doesn't change the fact that ALL the verbage in the article is just plain "hope". History tells us a different story - and that story is that "sitting Presidents during economic recoveries WIN". I think I'll go with "what history has shown happens" rather than with the "hope" of a partisan commentator. The first is a LOT more likely to happen than the second.

Ken

Old 02-07-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Ok, but that doesn't change the fact that ALL the verbage in the article is just plain "hope". History tells us a different story - and that story is that "sitting Presidents during economic recoveries WIN". I think I'll go with "what history has shown happens" rather than with the "hope" of a partisan commentator. The first is a LOT more likely to happen than the second.

Ken

then please let me know when the USA has a economic recovery. because it sure as heck has not heppened yet, and I dont see it happening anytime in the near future.

also it is strange that liberals will say that they will go with "what history" has shown, when they always go against "what history" has shown the USA in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections