Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 02:53 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The former pro wrestler and independent Minnesota governor said on ABC's Good Morning America that he'd consider getting back into politics next year as Rep. Ron Paul's running mate for the White House. But Ventura said he would only agree to such a comeback if the Texas Republican ran as an independent.
Jesse Ventura would consider being Ron Paul's VP - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2010 Election - USATODAY.com

Does anyone still take this clown seriously?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 03:06 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Ventura is hugely popular with those that are quite liberal, these same people are also often big fans of ron paul as well. Both on them on a 3rd party ticket could possibly be a strong contender.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:20 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Ventura is hugely popular with those that are quite liberal, these same people are also often big fans of ron paul as well. Both on them on a 3rd party ticket could possibly be a strong contender.
He won in Democratic blue collar Minnesota as an Independent and that counts for something. I think him being a strong centrist certainly helped. I don't know why UIM calls him a clown, Jesse supports gay rights.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
He won in Democratic blue collar Minnesota as an Independent and that counts for something. I think him being a strong centrist certainly helped. I don't know why UIM calls him a clown, Jesse supports gay rights.
lol... As if that's my only concern about a politician. I'm not even sure why you would think that my sexual orientation has anything to do with this discussion. Seems like a bizarre thing to bring up.

Anyway, I think he's a clown, and the majority of Minnesotans feel the same way, I'm sure.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:19 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
lol... As if that's my only concern about a politician. I'm not even sure why you would think that my sexual orientation has anything to do with this discussion. Seems like a bizarre thing to bring up.

Anyway, I think he's a clown, and the majority of Minnesotans feel the same way, I'm sure.
Agreed......If Ron Paul ever wants to be a serious Presidential Candidate he would be sure to never be in the same room with Ventura.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:54 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:

Most of the topics you post on P&OC have something to do with gay issues that was what I was alluding to.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:27 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
I would hope RP is smarter than choosing Jesse for a running mate.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:33 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
I used to highly admire Ventura before he became a truther and conspiracy wacko. He got very bitter and as a result drifted into some extreme positions. I don't blame him for being bitter considering how the MN legislature treated him, but his recent positions should rule him out as Paul's VP - considering that Paul himself is often treated like a crazy in the media (which he's not)

Old 04-06-2011, 08:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
well here are a few things to ponder:

Ron Paul isn't going to run as an indepenent.

Ron Paul will mostly like not run period

Ron Paul would never ask Ventura to be his running mate

Ron Paul would never get the nomination

Ventura is a piece of work, not a piece of art, just work.

Nita

Old 04-06-2011, 08:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
you are kidding yourself again!!!!

Oh, and as for him supporting gay rights, are you saying no one that supports gay rights can be a clown? That makes no sense. There are many who are certainly anything but clowns that support gay rights, but there are many issues other than gay rights that make up the overall picture.

tempes: the last comment isn't addressed to you I will add. It is meant for 'theundbrainwashed"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections