Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 09:41 PM

335 posts, read 1,208,924 times

Advertisements

Seems like a nice fella so I got a bumper sticker and put it on my car. He wants to follow the Constitution which I thought they all were supposed to do, but somehow went astray. Looks like a good time to refocus on what the old white hairs wrote over 200 years ago. I thing they got it right and the wigs were sexy!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 10:42 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,303 times
Love him, love him, love him. I'm trying to spread the word as much as I can. He's an old-school Goldwater Republican! Nobody wants him at the debates, because he's pointing out how painfully far both parties have drifted from our founding Constitutional principles. Even the GOP, post-9/11, is now a Big Government party. It just wants to control different parts of your life than the Democratic Party does.

I especially love how the media keeps trying to marginalize him, even though he constantly blows away the competition in just about every online poll you read. Even Fox News thumbs its nose at him. Which is funny, because Paul is more Reaganesque than any of the Rudy McRomney clowns that Fox and the rest of the MSM would prefer to have you focus on.

As a recent t-shirt/bumper sticker slogan I've seen says of Mr. Paul: "Who is this man, and why is he trying to save my country?" Get out the word! He's Founding Father material!

Old 07-28-2007, 11:04 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
He's the only Republican I would vote for. Oh wait, I did support him as a Libertarian.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:43 PM

478 posts, read 959,713 times
Ron Paul. He tells the truth... that any American with even just a little bit of intelligence.... should be able to understand.

But then again, it's easier to just react and say...."They hate us for our freedum!" The world is not as black and white as the rest of the neanderthal stooges would try to lead you to believe. And of the those stooges are some of the most corrupt individuals who have ever had the displeasure to grace the stage of American politics. Ghouliani.... please. One shady bastard, there.

God Speed, Ron.

YouTube - Ron Paul Courageously Speaks the Truth

Old 07-29-2007, 03:36 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,984,503 times
I never really heard of him until about a week ago - from what I've seen and heard since, he is awesome. I'd definitely consider voting for him if he gains enough popularity that he can be taken as a serious candidate for the Republicans. Will this happen, I really don't know.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:14 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
I watched Ron Paul in the debates and something about him puts me off but I just cannot define it. I just went and looked at his veiws on the issues and so far I have been sold but Ron Paul was rated 67% by the ACLU, indicating a mixed civil rights voting record. The ACLU also defends NAMBLA so I will have to take a long hard look at Ron Paul.

Last edited by citigirl; 07-29-2007 at 08:44 AM..

Old 07-29-2007, 09:24 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
I never really heard of him until about a week ago - from what I've seen and heard since, he is awesome. I'd definitely consider voting for him if he gains enough popularity that he can be taken as a serious candidate for the Republicans. Will this happen, I really don't know.
The mainstream GOP hates him. If he's going to gain traction, it's going to have to happen at the grassroots level. But I believe it CAN happen. People just have to get involved!

Old 07-29-2007, 02:25 PM

45 posts, read 100,073 times
Ron Paul is the last hope for America ! Anyone that defers to OUR constitution whenever casting a vote on anything OBVIOUSLY has nothing other than our best interests in mind !!! Let's take OUR country & freedom back !!! Get involved, JOIN or ORGANIZE your local Meetup group, PUT a sticker on your car, DONATE to the campaign, VOTE in the primaries !!!

JOIN THE REVOLUTION !!!!

Old 07-29-2007, 03:31 PM

289 posts, read 1,140,546 times
I like him alot but don't think he has any chance to win.

If he ends up running on an independent ticket (no chance of him getting the Republican nomination) I'd be in a pickle. Do I throw away my vote on a candidate who hasn't a snowball's chance in hell, or cast it for whichever Rep or Dem candidate I think is the lesser of two evils?

Old 07-29-2007, 03:50 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4StanleyCups View Post
I like him alot but don't think he has any chance to win.

If he ends up running on an independent ticket (no chance of him getting the Republican nomination) I'd be in a pickle. Do I throw away my vote on a candidate who hasn't a snowball's chance in hell, or cast it for whichever Rep or Dem candidate I think is the lesser of two evils?
That's why every vote counts, especially yours. Vote for him if you believe in him. I will go on record by saying that none of the mainstream republicans will win the Presidency. The public has had it with the Bush Administration and there is a perception that they are one little happy family -- Bush and other mainstream republicans. This is where Ron Paul's strength lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections