Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 09:17 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,430,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
All you GOP-bots are showing one thing in common. You seem to think that cutting taxes on the rich will work because somehow they're going to share the wealth and spend the money on stimulating the economy.

So you really believe everything they feed you? I learned very early that anyone can throw information at me and twist it so it convinces me. This is naive at its best.

We had almost 4 years of Obama and the only thing he has done is put so much debt on the books I doubt we will be able to climb out. He is spending like a poor man which will make this country poor.

A poor man spends without thinking about tomorrow. A rich man sees money as a way to produce more money, THAT'S WHY HE IS RICH. Thats the type of thinking I want in this country.
Now I truly understand how Hitler was able to take hold of a nation.

Last edited by eRayP; 04-28-2012 at 09:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 09:21 AM

Your comment:
Meanwhile, you complain about the debt and somehow miraculously expect it to disappear after we cut taxes. Let me guess! We're supposed to pray the debt away, right?

History has shown that anytime there is a tax cut the government receives more revenue.

You are angry because you are not rich and somehow because there are rich people they now owe you. You jumped on the bandwagon of robbing the rich to pay your debt. What did you do to help yourself? Did you even take time to financially educate yourself and produce something that could make you rich or did you just whine about your lot in life?

Your comment:
Oh yeah! The reason why it's gone up somewhat under Obama is because he spent a good chunk of our taxes on the stimulus package which finally got the economy moving.

He gave the money to non-producers. This is not spending money on stimulus. To spend on stimulus is to invest in something that will PRODUCE. Producers stimulate the economy, people expecting handouts do not stimulate, they will only be in line again next month. Look at welfare... I prove my case!

He also spend money to bail out people who did not understand and handle their own finances and they expect everyone else to bail them out. First know what you can afford, and if you can't afford it don't buy it. Thats common sense.

Somewhat????? the debt has gone up as much as Washington to Bush COMBINED! SOMEWHAT??? whew! Somewhat???

Your Comment:
Unemployment is lower than it's been in two years, and the economy IS coming back. He had to make a deal with the devil because he didn't have much choice. He at least took a risk that paid off.

Don't you get it, unemployment has NOT gone down. Its election time and we must cook the books or tell partial truths. He does not mention that there are people out there with degrees that are now working at Wallmart, nor does the numbers mention that millions of people are now not able to collect unemployment because their benefits ran out and both ARE NOT COUNTED in the unemployment stats falsely decreasing the unemployment rate.

Last edited by eRayP; 04-28-2012 at 09:44 AM..

Old 04-28-2012, 09:40 AM

49% if Americans do not pay taxes. If we want to be fair EVERYONE should pay

Old 04-28-2012, 12:57 PM

30,118 posts, read 18,723,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
I voted for Obama in 2008 and bought my first of two BMW's the following year. Started with a 3 series and currently drive a 5 series and man I tell ya this car is nice!!!

I used to drive BMWs. The new Cadillacs are a better car and actually cheaper. The CTS V will blow the doors off an M-5.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
a. Actually, that's a flat-out lie! Taxing the rich does a lot because it makes them pay their fair share. There was a time when the top 1% paid 90% in income taxes. Unsurprisingly, that all changed under Reagan who slashed the crap out of it, and since then the gap between rich and poor has grown exponentially.

b. The part we don't understand is how you can say we "enslave the rich" when they're the ones outsourcing the jobs and wanting to cut minimum wage. Also, they're the ones that petitioned for tax cuts and have offshore accounts. I hardly call that slavery. I don't see Donald Trump out there digging ditches, paving roads, or picking lettuce for next to nothing. The true definition of slavery is the part you don't seem to understand.[/color]

1. A Constitutional Balanced Budget Amendment is yet another one the Republicans shot down to play partisan politics because they wanted to risk running the economy off a cliff.

2. Closing most foreign military bases is good. Not every problem in this world has an American solution, and Barack Obama knows that. They're trying to do away with pork-barrel spending on defense. There is such a thing as the UN. Also, we've got enough problems here on our own soil before we try building and empire worldwide.[/color]

3. Raising the medicare/social security age to 72 is baloney! Social security age is still 65. Since you mentioned it though, I do believe it was Rick Perry - a Republican - who referred to social security as a "ponzi scheme."[/color]

4. I'm not sure what you mean by "enforcing" illegal immigration. Most of those "illegals" that come over here do the jobs that nobody else wants. They do it for next to nothing because they know they can make more money in one hour here than they can in an entire day in Mexico. Most of them are too poor to afford a green card. Every time someone brings this up, I have but one question to ask them. What Indian tribe do you belong to?[/color]

5. Cutting corporate taxes and replacing it with a "corporate consumption tax" (like Germany and Japan), which rewards exporters and punishes importers without running afoul of the WTO is another lie cooked up by the GOP. What they're trying to do is place fines on companies that outsource and give tax credits to those who insource. Once again, that was another idea filibustered by the GOP. You need to stop listening to Alex Jones.

6. The whole purpose of allowing domestic energy exploration and distribution is to rid our dependency on foreign oil, Bozo.

7. They blocked that pipeline being built because they were going to put it right over the Ogallala Aquifer and endanger our largest source of groundwater. If you want companies to dump toxic chemicals into your water and to pollute your soil, then why don't you move to China so you can live right next to a coal fired power plant and wear a dusk mask every day. If you're lucky, your children won't have asthma.[/color]

8. Making class action suits illegal is another hogwash story postulated by the GOP. There's class action civil lawsuits right now being filed against some of the Wall Street hedge funds in case you haven't noticed.

9. Making social security for disability more difficult to obtain is the last thing Obama wants. He's trying to get that health care bill passed so that the disabled won't need social security as much. Huge difference there.

10. Eliminate aid to foreign nations? Really? That's not going to happen. Ron Paul is in over his head. First of all, we're not going to cut off ties to Israel. Second, China gets most of their rice from us. Third, there are international crises like the tsunami in Indonesia and the other in Japan that make foreign aid imperative. If they're going to cut foreign aid, then we might as well not have a global economy anymore.[/color]

Actually, that's anything but rational. That's the most asinine, backwards, and unrealistic approach any politician would ever take. That's all the reason more why Ron Paul is unelectable. Something tells me you're a Paul-bot. Let me just say that your guy has lost many other elections. He has a snowball's chance in hell.

A lie? Again, ENSLAVING "the rich" would only generate $900 billion in revenue. If we enslaved EVERYONE making more than $200K, it would generate $1.86 trillion in additional revenue. Given this (if we assume that "the rich" are those making more than $250K per year), under Obama, we would add $400 billion in debt every year, even with SLAVES! What part of this do you not understand?

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/04/1...over-the-bill/

1. Constitutional balanced budget amendment? Are you serious? It is THE ONLY WAY to balance the budget. Why? Because we have a SPENDING PROBLEM, not a revenue problem. Congress cannot, and has never, been able to control themselves.

2. Raising medicare/ss eligibility age is "baloney"? So it is better to let the system go bankrupt such that the elderly are left with nothing? Brilliant. How about actually saving the system so that there is something left for those who need it?

3. Illegal immigration? You do realize that "citizenship" was not conferred by the American Indians to settlers and that "citizenship" only became a meaningful term after the Constitution, right? OF COURSE ILLEGALS are costing the nation billions. WHY? THEY DON'T PAY TAXES and USE THE SERVICES PAID BY TAX PAYERS FOR NOTHING!
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/illeg...7#.T5xBNexST4M

4. Corporate consumption tax "another lie"?? I guess the trade surpluses of Germany and Japan, as well as the higher wages of thier workers are all a lie and imaginary in the mind of a liberal?

5. The purpose of domestic energy exploration is to reduce our dependency on foreign oil "bozo"?? I agree- Bozo- Now tell me why Obama is opposed to domestic oil and natural gas exploration and the development of new refineries and pipelines? It is complete idiocy to oppose US exploration of energy. This, I would suppose, why liberals are opposed to domestic energy exploration.

6. The "Keystone" Canadian pipeline would have done NOTHING to the Ogalala aquafer. An alternative route was proposed, yet OBAMA OPPOSED EVEN THAT!
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T5xD4-xST4M

7. Like class action suits, do you? They cost US buisness $100 billion per year and lead to lower employment levels. Only a liberal would like them.
http://www.uschamber.com/legalreform

ALL of your responses are based on emotion and lack facts. It appears as though you are perfectly fine with offering no solutions to the financial difficulties of the US and will be happy when the US becomes insolvent. Who in their right mind would oppose something as simple as a balanced budget? Answer- liberals (who are not in their right minds) who prefer economic chaos.

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 04-28-2012 at 01:30 PM..

Old 04-28-2012, 05:26 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,248,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Your comment:
Meanwhile, you complain about the debt and somehow miraculously expect it to disappear after we cut taxes. Let me guess! We're supposed to pray the debt away, right?

History has shown that anytime there is a tax cut the government receives more revenue.

You are angry because you are not rich and somehow because there are rich people they now owe you. You jumped on the bandwagon of robbing the rich to pay your debt. What did you do to help yourself? Did you even take time to financially educate yourself and produce something that could make you rich or did you just whine about your lot in life?

Your comment:
Oh yeah! The reason why it's gone up somewhat under Obama is because he spent a good chunk of our taxes on the stimulus package which finally got the economy moving.

He gave the money to non-producers. This is not spending money on stimulus. To spend on stimulus is to invest in something that will PRODUCE. Producers stimulate the economy, people expecting handouts do not stimulate, they will only be in line again next month. Look at welfare... I prove my case!

He also spend money to bail out people who did not understand and handle their own finances and they expect everyone else to bail them out. First know what you can afford, and if you can't afford it don't buy it. Thats common sense.

Somewhat????? the debt has gone up as much as Washington to Bush COMBINED! SOMEWHAT??? whew! Somewhat???

Your Comment:
Unemployment is lower than it's been in two years, and the economy IS coming back. He had to make a deal with the devil because he didn't have much choice. He at least took a risk that paid off.

Don't you get it, unemployment has NOT gone down. Its election time and we must cook the books or tell partial truths. He does not mention that there are people out there with degrees that are now working at Wallmart, nor does the numbers mention that millions of people are now not able to collect unemployment because their benefits ran out and both ARE NOT COUNTED in the unemployment stats falsely decreasing the unemployment rate.

No it doesn't. History shows us that recessions follow low tax revenue policies. The economic boom years throughout US history were always during times where tax rates were the highest.

Look, you won't find an credible economist anywhere that would suggest lowering tax rates right now. This republican congress are a bunch of goons hell bent on doing everything they can to avoid the right economic policies.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
It's no use trying to argue with the conservatives. Every time you try to argue logic into them, they'll spin it around and make it look like it's the Democrats' fault. They're party of zero responsibility.

Evidently, we're supposed to cut taxes and wage two wars to make the economy spin out of control. It's all Barack Obama's fault that 8 million jobs were outsourced, and he inherited this big miss. I'm sure there are some GOP members who think Obama cursed Congress with voodoo microwaves.

The debt wasn't an issue to them the entire time Bush was in office. According to them, we're supposed to cut taxes, make the rich pay none, and expect them to get the economy moving and pay people what they're worth. Then we're supposed to cut back on services that benefit the working class and miraculously expect the debt to pay itself off.

You fail to respond to specific points and insert emotional jibberish to "verify" your "points". The problem is that when your postions are refuted by facts, you simply choose to ignore them. It appears as though your "solutions" are the following-

1. continue spending and ignore deficits and debt

2. make no changes to medicare or social security and allow them to go bankrupt

3. do not expand domestic oil, coal and natural gas resources and maintain US dependence on foreign energy

4. maintain high (or even higher) corporate taxes to drive buisness out of the US

5. tax "the rich" to pay for everything, even though it has been shown to you that enslaving them would not accomplish this goal.

6. illegal immigration is okay, even though the illegals cost the US $100 billion per year

7. class action lawsuits are fine, even though they also cost US corporations over $100 billion per year, raise prices, and increase unemployment

8. fail to present a US budget, as one would actually have to face potential spending cuts, which may offend the entitlement groups.

That is pretty much the Obama platform. Now who in thier right mind supports such measures?

Old 04-29-2012, 12:58 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,489,729 times
Quote:
If John McCain was President, we'd still be in Iraq and stuck there for another 100 years. Then we'd have the most unqualified person in the world in charge of the Senate and running the country should anything happen to McCain. Caribou Barbie is nothing but a media ***** who was in way over her head. She was the last person on Earth I'd trust being the Commander in Chief at a time like this. The same way I feel about Marco Rubio whom I'm predicting Romney will choose as his running mate to sway all the Hispanic voters his way, and it won't fly.

Do you support Obama's foreign policy, which includes the use of indefinite detention, predator drones, targeted assassination, etc?

And if not, why not?

Old 04-29-2012, 04:42 PM

Sorry double post. please remove.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:29 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,225,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Obama is getting re-elected only because the GOP doesn't have a strong candidate on offer. Obama has accomplished ZERO. Please take the blindfolds off. I did in 2010
Your funny, so your saying obama did not say to you Obsama bin laden is dead. Ha lots and lots more to say!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections