Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 03:13 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,430,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
I want to hear all of the obama supporters when gas reaches 10 bucks a gallon - when food inflation tops 100% when the dollar is devalued to 70% of its original buying power.

Yes Yes Obama 2012 and beyond forever and ever; He knows what is best for americans! He got the whole world in his hands!! sing along comrades!!

You are all nucking futz if you think obama is the answer. HE IS THE WHOLE PROBLEM
They will still be cry babying and want more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 03:42 PM

30,111 posts, read 18,720,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
The majority of this is because Congress filibustered his plan to lower the debt and create more jobs because they want to play partisan politics. Also, he extended the Bush tax cuts. I don't agree with that part, but even Clinton said he didn't have much choice. That was the bargain he made to get everything else passed through during the lame duck session. Taxing the rich is always considered slavery according to people like Romney because they have no clue. Also, there have been many jobs insourced under Obama, and the unemployment rate is lower than it's been in two years now.

1. "...they fillibustered his plan to lower debt and create jobs"....

Can you tell me exactly what that plan was? Obama has been for nothing but continued spending. He has rejected ANY plans to cut spending that have any realistic impact on annual deficits, let alone the debt.

2. He did extend the "Bush tax cuts". They are now the "Obama tax cuts".

3. "taxing the rich" does very little, if anything, when there are not realistic spending cuts. Keep in mind that if we literally ENSLAVED "the rich" (we took 100% of the income generated by those previously making $250K per year), we would only generate $900 billion in additional revenue. This would leave us with $400 billion in additional annual debt.

a. what part of this do liberals not understand?

b. slavery is illegal in America

Get real. How do we solve our problem?

1. Constitutional balanced budget amendment

2. Closing most foreign military bases

3. raising the medicare/social security age to 72

4. enforcing illegal immigration

5. cutting corporate taxes and replacing it with a "corporate consumption tax" (like Germany and Japan), which rewards exporters and punishes importers without running afoul of the WTO.

6. Allowing domestic energy exploration and distribution

7. markedly cutting the dictatorial powers of the EPA

8. making class action suits illegal

9. make social security for disability more difficult to obtain

10. eliminate aid to foreign nations

There you go. A rational, realistic solution to our problems. The problem? No one has the guts or sense to do what is really needed. Therefore, we are doomed to insolvency and eventual financial chaos, due to the lack of resolve of our "leaders".

Good luck to you. I hope you can raise your own food and obtain pure drinking water on your own.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Can you tell me exactly what that plan was? Obama has been for nothing but continued spending. He has rejected ANY plans to cut spending that have any realistic impact on annual deficits, let alone the debt.

3. "taxing the rich" does very little, if anything, when there are not realistic spending cuts. Keep in mind that if we literally ENSLAVED "the rich" (we took 100% of the income generated by those previously making $250K per year), we would only generate $900 billion in additional revenue. This would leave us with $400 billion in additional annual debt.

Reminds me of the people who think that getting that yearly 3% wage will save them. If you don't cut your own spending the 3% is not going to do diddly.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:03 PM

People who think Obama is going to save the US...

Does not have financial literacy. Spending did not help your own circumstances what make anyone think that spending will help the US.

Do people actually think they are going to get a windfall dropped in their laps?

People who jumped on the class warfare bandwagon are blaming the wrong people. If something is not right in your own situation then blame everyone else.

Maybe he will throw you all a $600.00 bone and say he helped. Enjoy it because you will pay it back many times over.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:55 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,127,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
The problem is supporters think because of his policies we will all be driving BMW's. More like we will be lucky to afford the gas let alone the beater you will be driving.

We will all live in a nice home. Yea, if you are lucky and you will be living with your mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother, sister and kids and their kids.

He's going to save the poor by taking from the producers.
Giving money to everyone. Your check is in the mail (and don't hold your breath).
Get the printing presses going Q1, Q2 did not work so lets try Q3 (soon to come).
Bailouts for everyone!
That they will still have choices. Executive powers, he and the few elitist will be the only one with a choice.

You don't provide the fish, you give the fishing pole. EVERYONE will be poor and living in a 3rd world country.
I voted for Obama in 2008 and bought my first of two BMW's the following year. Started with a 3 series and currently drive a 5 series and man I tell ya this car is nice!!!

Old 04-27-2012, 08:15 PM

Enjoy it while you can lol.

The problem is supporters think because of his policies we will all be driving BMW's.

I plan on picking mine up tomorrow. Paid in full by the rich.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:26 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,797,642 times
Quote:
All you GOP-bots are showing one thing in common. You seem to think that cutting taxes on the rich will work because somehow they're going to share the wealth and spend the money on stimulating the economy. Meanwhile, you complain about the debt and somehow miraculously expect it to disappear after we cut taxes. Let me guess! We're supposed to pray the debt away, right? Oh yeah! The reason why it's gone up somewhat under Obama is because he spent a good chunk of our taxes on the stimulus package which finally got the economy moving. Unemployment is lower than it's been in two years, and the economy IS coming back. He had to make a deal with the devil because he didn't have much choice. He at least took a risk that paid off. Romney would've ignored it all and let the economy spin out of control.

Real unemployment is @ 20% and soon it is going to peak @50% w/ 100% inflation and 90% of the stock market is headed for a huge crash - Donald the Trump is warning investors.

Take a deep breath - Obama is going to destroy America that has been his plan since he was a child!! He was raised by communists & muslims!!

When this hits the fan I want to hear you say again the economy is moving (no where). You just can't see the hand writing on the wall you have your head stuck so deep into the sand!! Whew!! My goodness what are you ever eating for breakfast?? Post Presumptions?

Old 04-28-2012, 02:24 AM

758 posts, read 592,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
You're brainwashed.

If John McCain had presided over this pathetic excuse for a "recovery" you'd be screaming like a liberal Democrat. Wait.

Hypocrite.
If John McCain had presided over America, we'd be at war with half the world right now. There'd be no deadline towards ending Iraq or Afghanistan, and then we'd be at war with Iran and North Korea. The debt would be ballooning out of control, and people would be getting paid next to nothing because there'd be no minimum wage or anything else. Like every Republican, all McCain cares about is making the fat boys fatter. If John McCain was President, we'd have another Great Depression.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:56 AM

758 posts, read 592,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Get real. How do we solve our problem?

1. Constitutional balanced budget amendment

2. Closing most foreign military bases

3. raising the medicare/social security age to 72

4. enforcing illegal immigration

5. cutting corporate taxes and replacing it with a "corporate consumption tax" (like Germany and Japan), which rewards exporters and punishes importers without running afoul of the WTO.

6. Allowing domestic energy exploration and distribution

7. markedly cutting the dictatorial powers of the EPA

8. making class action suits illegal

9. make social security for disability more difficult to obtain

10. eliminate aid to foreign nations

There you go. A rational, realistic solution to our problems. The problem? No one has the guts or sense to do what is really needed. Therefore, we are doomed to insolvency and eventual financial chaos, due to the lack of resolve of our "leaders".

Good luck to you. I hope you can raise your own food and obtain pure drinking water on your own.
a. Actually, that's a flat-out lie! Taxing the rich does a lot because it makes them pay their fair share. There was a time when the top 1% paid 90% in income taxes. Unsurprisingly, that all changed under Reagan who slashed the crap out of it, and since then the gap between rich and poor has grown exponentially.

b. The part we don't understand is how you can say we "enslave the rich" when they're the ones outsourcing the jobs and wanting to cut minimum wage. Also, they're the ones that petitioned for tax cuts and have offshore accounts. I hardly call that slavery. I don't see Donald Trump out there digging ditches, paving roads, or picking lettuce for next to nothing. The true definition of slavery is the part you don't seem to understand.[/color]

1. A Constitutional Balanced Budget Amendment is yet another one the Republicans shot down to play partisan politics because they wanted to risk running the economy off a cliff.

2. Closing most foreign military bases is good. Not every problem in this world has an American solution, and Barack Obama knows that. They're trying to do away with pork-barrel spending on defense. There is such a thing as the UN. Also, we've got enough problems here on our own soil before we try building and empire worldwide.[/color]

3. Raising the medicare/social security age to 72 is baloney! Social security age is still 65. Since you mentioned it though, I do believe it was Rick Perry - a Republican - who referred to social security as a "ponzi scheme."[/color]

4. I'm not sure what you mean by "enforcing" illegal immigration. Most of those "illegals" that come over here do the jobs that nobody else wants. They do it for next to nothing because they know they can make more money in one hour here than they can in an entire day in Mexico. Most of them are too poor to afford a green card. Every time someone brings this up, I have but one question to ask them. What Indian tribe do you belong to?[/color]

5. Cutting corporate taxes and replacing it with a "corporate consumption tax" (like Germany and Japan), which rewards exporters and punishes importers without running afoul of the WTO is another lie cooked up by the GOP. What they're trying to do is place fines on companies that outsource and give tax credits to those who insource. Once again, that was another idea filibustered by the GOP. You need to stop listening to Alex Jones.

6. The whole purpose of allowing domestic energy exploration and distribution is to rid our dependency on foreign oil, Bozo.

7. They blocked that pipeline being built because they were going to put it right over the Ogallala Aquifer and endanger our largest source of groundwater. If you want companies to dump toxic chemicals into your water and to pollute your soil, then why don't you move to China so you can live right next to a coal fired power plant and wear a dusk mask every day. If you're lucky, your children won't have asthma.[/color]

8. Making class action suits illegal is another hogwash story postulated by the GOP. There's class action civil lawsuits right now being filed against some of the Wall Street hedge funds in case you haven't noticed.

9. Making social security for disability more difficult to obtain is the last thing Obama wants. He's trying to get that health care bill passed so that the disabled won't need social security as much. Huge difference there.

10. Eliminate aid to foreign nations? Really? That's not going to happen. Ron Paul is in over his head. First of all, we're not going to cut off ties to Israel. Second, China gets most of their rice from us. Third, there are international crises like the tsunami in Indonesia and the other in Japan that make foreign aid imperative. If they're going to cut foreign aid, then we might as well not have a global economy anymore.[/color]

Actually, that's anything but rational. That's the most asinine, backwards, and unrealistic approach any politician would ever take. That's all the reason more why Ron Paul is unelectable. Something tells me you're a Paul-bot. Let me just say that your guy has lost many other elections. He has a snowball's chance in hell.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
All you GOP-bots are showing one thing in common. You seem to think that cutting taxes on the rich will work because somehow they're going to share the wealth and spend the money on stimulating the economy.

Share the wealth!!!
Oh I get it, the rich is not sharing because he is not standing out on a corner handing out money.. you have to work for the money.. HOW DARE THE RICH. Share the wealth? This is how poor people think. When you get paid do you stand on the corner and hand out your money to people poorer than you?? Sheeze what was I thinking??

The rich DO stimulate the economy!!!!
The rich man built a company that PRODUCES a product or service that people are willing to pay for. As business grows the rich man hires people. As the business grows even more, he hires even more people to keep producing the very product that is paying your paycheck. Wala, we have job grown and stimulus. Who would have thunk it.

If you work, you provide a service that a company is willing to pay for. Get it?

If you do have a job do you work for a poor man?
If I found out the owner of the company I worked for was poor I would start looking for another job asap because the business will not be around for long.

People amaze me. People who agree with your comment have a serious lack of understanding of how things work and it shows why they will never be rich. whining and expecting handouts will never make you rich.
No wonder this country is in trouble.

Last edited by eRayP; 04-28-2012 at 09:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections