Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 07:23 AM

758 posts, read 592,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I'm giving Obama credit for what he has accomplished. That's
exactly why I wouldn't/won't vote for him.

So how does it feel to be spending billions and billions of taxpayer dollars at
minimum till 2024 in Afghanistan? Our children's children give thanks to who again?
Our children's children will also be paying off the debt that Bush left them. Hopefully, Obama will fix the nation's infrastructure for our children. In addition, our children's children should never have to worry about another 9/11 attack again. Obama is trying to stabilize Pakistan and crush the Taliban - the terrorist group whom the Reagan Administration changed. What do you suppose Romney will do for the economy? What do you suppose McCain would've done? We'd be at war with half the world if McCain were President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 07:54 AM

1,332 posts, read 996,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I agree that Obama will get reelected because of what you say.

People, blind with political party affiliation, will not take an objective view nor do any independent research.

And when the new 2012 promises start to hit the airwaves the masses will buy into them hook, line and sinker.
Here is all anyone needs to know when making a decision on who to vote for:

1. OBAMA HAS GROWN THE DEBT FROM ALMOST 9 TRILLION WHEN HE TOOK OVER TO OVER 16 TRILLION AS OF TODAY. THAT IS ALMOST 8 TRILLION IN A LITTLE OVER 3 YEARS.

2. OBAMA HAS NO BUDGET PLAN TO REDUCE SPENDING. OBAMA HAS NO PLAN TO EVER BALANCE A BUDGET...WHICH MEANS HE HAS NO INTENTION OF PAYING DOWN THE DEBT.

3. OUR DOLLAR IS WORTH FAR LESS TODAY THAT IT WAS 3 1/2 YEARS AGO. I CANNOT REMEMBER A TIME IN MY LIFE THAT THE CANADIAN DOLLAR WAS WORTH MORE THAN THE AMERICAN DOLLAR UNTIL NOW.

4. AS THE DEBT INCREASES, THE DOLLAR WEAKENS. YOU HAVE TO SPEND MORE FOR GOODS AND SERVICES BASED ON SIMPLE ECONOMICS. UNTIL THIS TREND OF INCREASING DEBT ENDS, OUR DOLLAR WILL CONTINUE TO DE-VALUE. WE CANNOT SUSTAIN SUCH IRRESPOINSIBLE SPENDING.

5. ARE YOU BETTER OFF NOW THAN YOU WERE 4 YEARS AGO? AS A COUNTRY...WE ARE NOT. AS INDIVIDUALS, THE VAST MAJORITY IS NOT.

Goodbye mr. obama.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
Our children's children will also be paying off the debt that Bush left them. Hopefully, Obama will fix the nation's infrastructure for our children. In addition, our children's children should never have to worry about another 9/11 attack again. Obama is trying to stabilize Pakistan and crush the Taliban - the terrorist group whom the Reagan Administration changed. What do you suppose Romney will do for the economy? What do you suppose McCain would've done? We'd be at war with half the world if McCain were President.
Such lunacy. The trademark of the clueless left.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Here is all anyone needs to know when making a decision on who to vote for:

1. OBAMA HAS GROWN THE DEBT FROM ALMOST 9 TRILLION WHEN HE TOOK OVER TO OVER 16 TRILLION AS OF TODAY. THAT IS ALMOST 8 TRILLION IN A LITTLE OVER 3 YEARS.

2. OBAMA HAS NO BUDGET PLAN TO REDUCE SPENDING. OBAMA HAS NO PLAN TO EVER BALANCE A BUDGET...WHICH MEANS HE HAS NO INTENTION OF PAYING DOWN THE DEBT.

3. OUR DOLLAR IS WORTH FAR LESS TODAY THAT IT WAS 3 1/2 YEARS AGO. I CANNOT REMEMBER A TIME IN MY LIFE THAT THE CANADIAN DOLLAR WAS WORTH MORE THAN THE AMERICAN DOLLAR UNTIL NOW.

4. AS THE DEBT INCREASES, THE DOLLAR WEAKENS. YOU HAVE TO SPEND MORE FOR GOODS AND SERVICES BASED ON SIMPLE ECONOMICS. UNTIL THIS TREND OF INCREASING DEBT ENDS, OUR DOLLAR WILL CONTINUE TO DE-VALUE. WE CANNOT SUSTAIN SUCH IRRESPOINSIBLE SPENDING.

5. ARE YOU BETTER OFF NOW THAN YOU WERE 4 YEARS AGO? AS A COUNTRY...WE ARE NOT. AS INDIVIDUALS, THE VAST MAJORITY IS NOT.

Goodbye mr. obama.
You know I find it funny how nobody from the GOP ever mentioned the debt until Obama came into power. Bush more than quadrupled it. We went from having a surplus to a record deficit, but of course they blame all that on Obama. You're all disenchanted because he couldn't clean up the mess Bush created in 8 years all in a matter of 2 years.

The economy is better now than it's been in four years. You see, it was in 2008 when we lost 8 million jobs, but then they're going to try to blame that on Obama who didn't take office until 2009. Yes, we are better off than we were 4 years ago. Now, the real question should be are we better off than we were 11 years ago after Bush took office. When all is said and done, Bush will go down as one of the worst Presidents ever. Oh yeah! Osama Bin Laden was still alive 4 years ago.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Such lunacy. The trademark of the clueless left.
Says the nimrod Republican who has no counterargument and always wants to deny the truth.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:32 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,430,716 times
Quote:
Attention all Republicans! Attention all Republicans! Last year I reminded you that Osama bin Laden was dead on this day. Barack Obama did the job Bush failed to do during his entire eight-year reign. Today, I'm here to remind you that Occupy Wall Street is back in action. I repeat...Occupy Wall Street is back in action.

Tea Baggers beware because you're all running out of places to hide. The weather is getting warm this time which means Occupy Wall Street will gain more momentum. I can't wait to see the floodgates open after Scott Walker in Wisconsin gets recalled. The real war on terror is being fought here on our own soil. Most people just don't know it yet.

The three core values of the Tea Party Patriots are: Fiscal responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government, and Free Market Economics.

In contrast

Occupy Wall Street - The main issues are social and economic inequality, greed, corruption and the undue influence of corporations on government—particularly from the financial services sector.

What am I missing?
Obama nominated the head of the New York Federal Reserve bank (Timothy Geithner) as his Treasury Secretary and he renominated Ben Bernanke to another term as Federal Reserve Chairman.* Barack Obama has surrounded himself with Peolple from wall street.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:22 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,471,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
They sure would...how else do you explain GWB's 2nd term?

Doubt this would happen again! don't think it will.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:34 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,471,192 times
Quote:
Says the nimrod Republican who has no counterargument and always wants to deny the truth.

Oh really, a **** economy, has plenty to do with everything, everything!
Businesses don't shut stores or certain stores in a good thriving booming economy
we don't have thousands upon thousands of foreclosed, short sales, and repos, in a good thriving housing market, NOT THE CASE HOME VALUES DOWN!
Under Obama, this has gotten worse, know plenty of realtors in so many States plus my own.

People are still to this day losing jobs, know 4 people who just did, sad, really sad, are you safe! they thought so too! One women was a manger, and her husband has cancer, and her health is questionable! that is so sad.
Sad thing is that people are having to foreclose on their propertys every single day. Nope Obama has not made things better, think as you like? and i will think how i like, by the expereinces of people i know and family members, their experiences tell me what is going on.

And traveling for our business, to other States, and making friends and speaking with americans, how they really feel, Truth, so many people hard working, are hurting.
That is the truth. So many in different States, and the elderly, so sad, some don't know how to keep their business afloat.
No reason to lie, i speak based on what i see, and by talking to people myself. By their experiences.
Like Obama, no need to try to impress anyone, i speak by what i see and life expereinces!

Truthfully speaking most people i meet and come in contact with, in so many different Sates plus my own, are not better off then 4 years ago, heard today, unemployment 's numbers are not where they should be. And they stated that those who have given up looking, or cannot find a job are not counted in the unemployment numbers, but they now want that changed.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
You know I find it funny how nobody from the GOP ever mentioned the debt until Obama came into power. Bush more than quadrupled it. We went from having a surplus to a record deficit, but of course they blame all that on Obama. You're all disenchanted because he couldn't clean up the mess Bush created in 8 years all in a matter of 2 years.

The economy is better now than it's been in four years. You see, it was in 2008 when we lost 8 million jobs, but then they're going to try to blame that on Obama who didn't take office until 2009. Yes, we are better off than we were 4 years ago. Now, the real question should be are we better off than we were 11 years ago after Bush took office. When all is said and done, Bush will go down as one of the worst Presidents ever. Oh yeah! Osama Bin Laden was still alive 4 years ago.
WRONG on all accounts.

National debt at the end of the Clinton Presidency: $5.6 TRILLION..the surplus was from the fiscal year budget. There was a PLUS on the budget...which...btw...was balanced.

As for Bin Laden being alive 4 years ago? Yes....and he sgtill would be unless the Bush administration had put in place the mechanisms to track him down. That was an ongoing mission of the MILITARY for 6 years PRIOR to obama taking office. Lucky for him they found him on his watch. Other than that....obama had ZERO to do with killing bin laden...it was the Navy Seals who did the mission and risked THEIR lives, and the military intel that located him. But...leave it to you left wing tw*ts to give the credit to your man....It's pathetic that obama would try to claim this as one of HIS crowning achievments. Shows how lacking in character AND how desperate he is to list even ONE achievement during his 3.5 years of disaster.

And just when IS obama going to take some personal responsibility for the state this country is in?? When does the BALME GAME end?? Or does it ever with this clown?

And FYI...if obama had all of the things happen during HIS administration as Bush had happen?? We wouldn't be sitting here talking about this now...because we wouldn't be able to afford to have the internet. The 'MESS' Bush created?? You should be damned glad it was HIM and not your man obama sitting in the white house.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 PM

24,517 posts, read 33,362,850 times
Quote:
Why don't you get it right, you sore loser! Just swallow the bitter pill and accept the fact that Barack Obama did the job right, and Bush couldn't deliver. The latter had 8 years to get Bin Laden. Before you try to pin all the blame on Clinton, the Bush Administration let Bin Laden slip by for two terms. We never should've been in Iraq in the first place. All that was to get revenge on Saddam. Neither Bush nor Cheney can travel to Europe or they'll be tried for war crimes. The Tea Party is losing their fire now because everyone is starting to see through them.
Posting facts and correcting inaccuracies is not being a sore loser. Nice try, though. Once again, it was partly through coerced interrogation that Bin Laden's location was revealed. Coerced interrogation which Obama was against! All Obama did was say "yes" when asked should Bin Laden be captured or killed now that his location is known. Any president (except possibly Jimmy Carter) would have done the same thing.

There would not have been a Bin Laden to capture if Clinton had agreed to take him into custody in the first place.

What were the "war crimes" Bush and Cheney "committed?"

The Tea Party believes that the government should not raise taxes, should not spend more than it receives in revenue and that it respects the Constitution. How is "everyone" starting to see through that? what is wrong with believing in that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections