Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 06:39 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,295,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What was "catastrophic" about those 8 years?
You mean other than years of a war started on a lie due tot he government's unpreparedness, the tanking of the economy, and generals lies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 07:27 PM

24,513 posts, read 33,341,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
You mean other than years of a war started on a lie due tot he government's unpreparedness, the tanking of the economy, and generals lies?
No lying; accept it already.
And the economy was doing quite well for most of Bush's two terms.

What were the "general lies?"

Old 05-04-2011, 07:40 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Are you forgetting the congress approved the war as we all, thought there were WMD and I still think there were. I just think Hussian was given enough warning to allow him to dispose of them.

Nita

Old 05-04-2011, 07:59 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,295,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
No lying; accept it already.
And the economy was doing quite well for most of Bush's two terms.

What were the "general lies?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Are you forgetting the congress approved the war as we all, thought there were WMD and I still think there were. I just think Hussian was given enough warning to allow him to dispose of them.

Nita
Whatever you guys need to tell yourselves to make you believe that what you believe about Obama and Democrats isn't coming purely from a place of hate.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:23 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,020,431 times
Quote:
Whatever you guys need to tell yourselves to make you believe that what you believe about Obama and Democrats isn't coming purely from a place of hate.
You said it! Some of these people need to visit their vets for a rabies shot and tag!

Old 05-04-2011, 11:56 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,586,882 times
Still in Iraq and Afghanistan, with no plans on leaving. Sure we caught OBL, but our foreign policy remains the same, and that will breed more terrorist threats than anything. Debt is through the roof, more tax cuts for the uber rich, corporations still run the country. In fact, Democrats get far more money from Wall Street than Repukes, so nothing there. As long as people hold things like repeal of DADT as real accomplishment, then this country is doomed. Middle class continues to shrink.

I could go on for days... But the people are easily manipulated, and I doubt even Ron Paul can influence people to change our foreign policy now.

Oh, and I saw a video about Marines protecting poppy fields in Afghanistan. Somehow it is protecting the locals, even though most of the drugs come here and most of the money funds the Taliban. As long as the suits keep running things, we are doomed.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:45 AM

Quote:
No hate; just want facts. Tell me again what the "general lies" were.

I don't hate Obama or Democrats. I disagree with them much of the time but that is not hate. You bringing hate into the subject means you are trying to divert attention away from the fact that you can't back up what you claim.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
You said it! Some of these people need to visit their vets for a rabies shot and tag!
As usual... no substance, just attack those you don't agree with. Why am I not surprised?

Old 05-05-2011, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Still in Iraq and Afghanistan, with no plans on leaving. Sure we caught OBL, but our foreign policy remains the same, and that will breed more terrorist threats than anything. Debt is through the roof, more tax cuts for the uber rich, corporations still run the country. In fact, Democrats get far more money from Wall Street than Repukes, so nothing there. As long as people hold things like repeal of DADT as real accomplishment, then this country is doomed. Middle class continues to shrink.

I could go on for days... But the people are easily manipulated, and I doubt even Ron Paul can influence people to change our foreign policy now.

Oh, and I saw a video about Marines protecting poppy fields in Afghanistan. Somehow it is protecting the locals, even though most of the drugs come here and most of the money funds the Taliban. As long as the suits keep running things, we are doomed.
You "hater!"

Old 05-05-2011, 05:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Boy are you spinning again or still: My last response had to do with how I, personally felt about the WMD, not how I feel about Obama. The original question was who would challenge Obama...I love it when someone doesn't have a response so they change the subject or throw thing unrelated in.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections