Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 05:14 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Yeah another throwback to Wallstreet and corporate America........a Goldman Sach's lackey. Just what America is missing and what we really need more of.
You mean like most of obama's administration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 05:28 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You mean like most of obama's administration?
don't forget that americans had to PAY to have obama appoint a pay czar that approved and granted those massive bailout bonuses.

seriously, why would ANYONE still support him, and not want actual change?

any american who supports the degradation of their currency by the federal reserve, another taxpayer funded obama appointment, deserves the disaster that awaits them in the next 4 years.

if you think the last couple of years was bad, you haven't seen anything yet.

romney is moving towards ron paul, and that isn't a bad thing. i don't care if they flip-flop, just flop in the right direction for a change.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:28 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Romney is the clear class of the group, what little there is. Bachmann is an amusing diversion and Pawlenty has switched his tactic to be a PalNewtly campaign model, AKA, "whatever you say yesterday is not true today".

Old 06-14-2011, 06:56 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Romney is the clear class of the group, what little there is. Bachmann is an amusing diversion and Pawlenty has switched his tactic to be a PalNewtly campaign model, AKA, "whatever you say yesterday is not true today".

"PalNewtly"...lol.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:04 PM

306 posts, read 355,248 times
I'd love to see how "good christian folk" down south would justify voting for a MORMAN.

Perhaps Mitt will don his Magic Mormon Underwear and convert them. Or something.

Seriously, though, Mormons believe some seriously, wickedly stupid stuff.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:14 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
As a Democrat I think it is good news that Romney is leading in the polls right now. A moderate like Romney, Huntsman, or Giuliani winning the GOP nomination wouldn't get me to vote for them, but if a moderate, sane Republican won I wouldn't lose sleep at night. This is probably why the tea party is going after Romney. I wish him luck and hope he can fend off the crazies.
Those are my sentiments to a 'T'. I don't know anything about Huntsman, and very little about Giuliani, but Romney seems okay.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:17 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
I'd love to see how "good christian folk" down south would justify voting for a MORMAN.

Perhaps Mitt will don his Magic Mormon Underwear and convert them. Or something.

That could be said of all religions. Many moons ago, I literally walked out of a church when they started talking in tongues, and flopping around on the floor.

I've seen and heard Baptists and evangelicans say and do some really whacked out things. Like the crazy group that carries on about the "green dragon", or my favorite, "the earth is 6,000 years old."

Point is, religious peopld do and say crazy things when they lose touch with reality.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:20 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
But didn't Romney's father enter the country from Mexico without being naturalized? If his name were lopez they would be screaming to have hime deported

Old 06-14-2011, 08:24 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
What Mormons believe is not a fraction as stupid as the stupid misconceptions some people have about LDS beliefs. Bigotry is ugly, whether it be racial, sexual or religious. I mean, how do otherwise decent, intelligent people justify stooping so low?

Last edited by Katzpur; 06-14-2011 at 08:36 PM..

Old 06-14-2011, 09:03 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,904,450 times
Quote:

What do you have against the Mormons? I am not one but there are plenty of them here in Nevada and I know many of them and none of them I know are either wicked or stupid. Honestly most of them are quite conservative and pro family. I thought family values were a good thing,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections