Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 01:00 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think Anybody But Obama has the best shot in 2012.

Seriously, I think the winner GOP candidate will be the one who has the money to go the distance because Republican voters will give even less scrutiny than usual to the candidates, they just want Obama out.

You watch the next GOP debate, which I think is in August. If they are still not on offense against each other, if they still refuse to vigorously contrast themselves with other GOP candidates, then money wins the GOP primary.
I am very dubious that 'anybody but Obama has the best shot in 2012' ....but I HOPE and PRAY you're right.

Voters in this country (I sincerely wonder where they come from) are so 'sheeple inclined,' so deceived and gullible ...i.e. pardon me....either DUMB....or bad people... like the candidates they having been putting in office, that it will take something akin to a Miracle...to change the downward pattern.

Last edited by quality guy; 07-04-2011 at 01:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 09:36 PM

865 posts, read 676,241 times
Every 4th of July I participate in a local parade with other combat veterans. This year I did one for the 3rd and the 4th, one for the county, and the other for the town that I live in, with a population of about 70k. Obama was our Senator before he was President, so this is not an area that is friendly to many(I should rather say, just any) republican. I had my uniform on in both parades, and I wore a Ron Paul lapel pin both days. Some of us marched in both, but for the most part, we had two different groups of people in each parade.

I did not initiate any political conversations with anyone, and the support was just so overwhelming. I could not believe, in Obama's old district, that so many regular people attending the parades, so many veterans, and members of the local government were just so incredibly behind Ron Paul. More middle-aged and old people, than youth. I would think, if anything, more people around here would be for Obama, Cain, Romney, or someone else, but I literally had at least 200 people go out of their way to tell me they also are voting for Ron in addition to the even greater number of people who simply cheered Paul-like sayings(from just saying "Wooo, Ron Paul", to "End the Fed", and "For Liberty!") from the crowd after our group passed them by.

I led the group on the 3rd, so I was calling the cadence, and I was tempted to agnowledge the other Paul supporters! There are just such a massive number growing supporters every-which way I look. And not one time, did anyone come up to me, and say anything negative, or did any other candidate get any cheers. Do not underestimate what is happening. It's far greater than just a Presidential campaign.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
The left is deathly scared of Ron Paul. They will not be able to work with the guy at all.
The Republicans of the last 100 years have had a Progressive side to them. That is why it has always been the same thing no matter who you voted for in the election.
The media have pointed us in the direction they have chosen. The media is Progressive owned. Of coarse the left picks Romney. He is them, with an R.

Ron Paul - 2012

Old 07-04-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
If I were conservative, I would agree he'd be the best candidate. As a liberal, even I like Ron Paul a lot.

But, he has no chance.

He's too old.
Too many people also see him as strange, which is a real shame.

If you want a Paul running for president, groom Rand for a later election. He's your best shot.

That is what they kept saying over and over about President Reagan, too.
That didn't turn out so bad.
Wisdom comes with age.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The left is deathly scared of Ron Paul. They will not be able to work with the guy at all.
The Republicans of the last 100 years have had a Progressive side to them. That is why it has always been the same thing no matter who you voted for in the election.
The media have pointed us in the direction they have chosen. The media is Progressive owned. Of coarse the left picks Romney. He is them, with an R.

Ron Paul - 2012

Ron Paul (weird guy) will never be nominated by any party....and will never come close to being elected President! I think this is ridiculous to discuss. The man is bland, has no speaking strength or Charisma and just won't fire up enough people. That's his MO.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Ron Paul (weird guy) will never be nominated by any party....and will never come close to being elected President! I think this is ridiculous to discuss. The man is bland, has no speaking strength or Charisma and just won't fire up enough people. That's his MO.
How exactly is Ron Paul weird?

Where do you see more people fired up for other candidates?

Forgive me, but I would like some proof to go along with your claims.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post

That is what makes him so perfect.

This is not a popularity contest.

You see what that has got us for the last 50 years.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
How exactly is Ron Paul weird?

Where do you see more people fired up for other candidates?

Forgive me, but I would like some proof to go along with your claims.
HA. Obviously mine is a keen, perceptive assessment of Paul. The proof was in 2008. Paul could not draw much over double digits. Get real, pal.....Paul is not going to be President of this country....Evah.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That is what makes him so perfect.

This is not a popularity contest.

You see what that has got us for the last 50 years.

Paul has no gravitas.....he doesn't resonate with voters.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:37 PM

Wow, intelligence at its finest. I bet Reagan should have used the same logic in 1976 in his 2nd campaign, then he could have learned that he shouldn't have run in 1980. Show me substance, then we can chat. Otherwise, you are just trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections