Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 07:25 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,116,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
has happened numerous times already.

first it was trump. media started talking about him and at one time he was in first place in a rasmussen poll.

then it was cain.media started talking about him and he was tied for first in iowa for a period of time.

then it was bachmann. media started talking about her and she has now catapulted to second in a rasumssen poll.

now its rick perry i hear, and what a coincidence, but now everybody is talking about him on this forum and hes polling high in iowa.

the media determines who is credible and who is not.

we the people then take there lead and support who they say to support, and stay away from the non credible candidate since the media says too.

ive seen many people on this forum follow this pattern, including myself.

i just have the balls to admit it. i jumped from cain to bachmann, and it coincided when the media began talking about her more and more.

rick perry this rick perry that is all because of the media. people like they normally do are just carrying the medias water.
I disagree. The more people hear about a candidate, the more they either like or dislike him/her. It's not that the media picks and chooses, necessarily, it's that YOU are responsible for doing your research and picking who you like or don't like, and the media can bring issues to attention. You should watch the GOP debates. I liked Cain from before that and I started liking Bachmann after that. I don't care what the polls say, I will go with my gut. I never did like Romney...he seems too smug and polished. I want someone who is more raw. That might be why I also don't care for Pawlenty, who IMO has nothing but sound bites to give (although I agree with those little talking points, I don't think he is genuine).

Anywho, it's my opinion that the media just brings the attention to the candidates and it's up to us to figure out if we like what that person has to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 07:37 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times
Default What if Palin runs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I disagree. The more people hear about a candidate, the more they either like or dislike him/her. It's not that the media picks and chooses, necessarily, it's that YOU are responsible for doing your research and picking who you like or don't like, and the media can bring issues to attention. You should watch the GOP debates. I liked Cain from before that and I started liking Bachmann after that. I don't care what the polls say, I will go with my gut. I never did like Romney...he seems too smug and polished. I want someone who is more raw. That might be why I also don't care for Pawlenty, who IMO has nothing but sound bites to give (although I agree with those little talking points, I don't think he is genuine).

Anywho, it's my opinion that the media just brings the attention to the candidates and it's up to us to figure out if we like what that person has to say.

Will you like Sarah if she decides to enter? She's certainly 'raw.'

Old 07-04-2011, 07:40 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:

I agreeded with you on almost everything, until you got to {GENUINE}
I truly believe no matter who the candidate is, Democrat or Republician
once they take office, something magically changes them, they are not the same. I think all that any of us can really do is to go with our got feelings, and pray for the best, know what i mean?

Old 07-04-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
And how many times I've been called tinfoiler, kook, and had black helicopters posted as replies to my posts for saying that? Glad to see you're beginning to see the light Even in 2008 I supported Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel over Obama. I only voted for Obama because by then those 2 had dropped out when the primary reached PA.
I voted for Gravel in the primaries!

Old 07-04-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Will you like Sarah if she decides to enter? She's certainly 'raw.'
No. While I do like her, I would not vote for her for president at this point in time.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I agreeded with you on almost everything, until you got to {GENUINE}
I truly believe no matter who the candidate is, Democrat or Republician
once they take office, something magically changes them, they are not the same. I think all that any of us can really do is to go with our got feelings, and pray for the best, know what i mean?
Great point. It's also hard to keep promises when you have to deal with Congress. The candidates may truly BE genuine, but when it comes down to it, they may not be able to get everything done that they wanted to do. But yeah, I agree with you, people tend to say what people want to hear whether they mean it or not.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:19 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,519,462 times
Quote:
has happened numerous times already.

first it was trump. media started talking about him and at one time he was in first place in a rasmussen poll.

then it was cain.media started talking about him and he was tied for first in iowa for a period of time.

then it was bachmann. media started talking about her and she has now catapulted to second in a rasumssen poll.

now its rick perry i hear, and what a coincidence, but now everybody is talking about him on this forum and hes polling high in iowa.

the media determines who is credible and who is not.

we the people then take there lead and support who they say to support, and stay away from the non credible candidate since the media says too.

ive seen many people on this forum follow this pattern, including myself.

i just have the balls to admit it. i jumped from cain to bachmann, and it coincided when the media began talking about her more and more.

rick perry this rick perry that is all because of the media. people like they normally do are just carrying the medias water.
awesome post. the media truly decides who's elected in this country.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:18 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
you are the same as well. you jumped to rick perry.
Yes, I have...after Chris Christie "dumped me."

And if Perry decides not to run, I'll have to find another...just like in 2008.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:41 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
awesome post. the media truly decides who's elected in this country.
Of course they do. Look how the media overwhelmingly supported Obama in 2008 by not criticizing him or scrutinizing him at all. Funny too, it was the Hillary campaign who started the birther movement.

If you watched Alex Jones's The Obama Deception, he outlines in very good detail how Obama is just distraction to make the Left support the Bush Doctrine but with different salad dressing. Then to continue the sham and to further move ahead with the "Bush Doctrine" which is really the Kissinger/Brzezinski Doctrine (those two have advised every president since Nixon and continue to advise Obama behind the scenes). I have a feeling that they're going to set up an environment where a Republican is going to win because the Right is getting too loud and energetic and waking up so they now need a Republican in order to pacify the Right and continue the same failed foreign and domestic policy

Old 07-04-2011, 09:59 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:

I agree. It is not the media making the choice, but rather providing the viewer with additional information so they can make a more informed choice.

I disagree with you about the debates. They are completely meaningless. One should never, ever, listen to what any politician has to say on any subject. The only thing they should be judged upon is the action they take.

Considering Trump's background of supporting Democrats, he was never a candidate that was seriously considered by any conservative. Bachmann, Santorum, and Gingrich are true conservatives, but they have no executive experience, or experience with the military, and we have already seen what kind of disaster that leads to with Obama.

Cain, Romney, Huntsman, Johnson, and Pawlenty all have executive experience, but none have military experience. They also vary in their conservative leanings, with Romney being the most liberal of the bunch. Although Huntsman has the most experience with foreign leaders and foreign policy, he lacks the name recognition that Romney has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections