Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 10:06 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I agree. It is not the media making the choice, but rather providing the viewer with additional information so they can make a more informed choice.

I disagree with you about the debates. They are completely meaningless. One should never, ever, listen to what any politician has to say on any subject. The only thing they should be judged upon is the action they take.

Considering Trump's background of supporting Democrats, he was never a candidate that was seriously considered by any conservative. Bachmann, Santorum, and Gingrich are true conservatives, but they have no executive experience, or experience with the military, and we have already seen what kind of disaster that leads to with Obama.

Cain, Romney, Huntsman, Johnson, and Pawlenty all have executive experience, but none have military experience. They also vary in their conservative leanings, with Romney being the most liberal of the bunch. Although Huntsman has the most experience with foreign leaders and foreign policy, he lacks the name recognition that Romney has.
You left Ron Paul off your list. WHY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 10:21 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
Who hasn;t the media talked about? What is the sue of getting behind soemone not running?

Old 07-04-2011, 10:24 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
You left Ron Paul off your list. WHY?
Because I do not consider him to be a serious contender. Ron Paul is like "Pat" Paulson or Lyndon LaRouche, a joke candidate with absolutely no credibility and absolutely no hope of ever coming close to being nominated by the GOP.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:50 AM

313 posts, read 834,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Because I do not consider him to be a serious contender. Ron Paul is like "Pat" Paulson or Lyndon LaRouche, a joke candidate with absolutely no credibility and absolutely no hope of ever coming close to being nominated by the GOP.
Why does he have no credibility? Because the media told you so? Why is he a joke? Because the media told you so? I too thought that Ron Paul was a joke and kook cause that's what the media told us. I didn't even look at him in 08 because of what the media told us about him. I voted for Huckabee in the primary because that was the only one that I thought was halfway decent. I couldn't stand Romney or McCain. Was on board with McCain only because of Palin.

Since then I have been paying a lot more attention. We got rid of satellite and rely on the internet now for my info. I could not get behind any of the GOP contenders in the beginning. Was really starting to wonder if we'd have any real choice. I've been doing a lot of research on certain subjects regarding my family and food and health. I started seeing that we really do not have free choice on some of our most basic human rights. What is up with that? Both R's and D's are giving our basic freedoms away.

I started seeing Ron Paul's name show up. But he's a kook, he's crazy why would I even consider him? Well, since the media convinced me of this, I figured maybe I should take a look at him. I started watching YouTube vidoes of his past speeches then his this years CPAC speeches and his announcement speech. Then it was the last debate. While most other candidates were busy blaming the president for our current problems, which were just continued and expanded policies from the last R president, Ron Paul was actually telling us what caused these problems and how we can fix them.

He's been saying the same things for years. He predicted the mess that we're in now and he has a SOLID voting record showing that he voted against everything that put us here.

I encourage and even challenge everyone to watch his speeches and read "The Revolution- A Manifesto". I just finished it last night and wow, does it have a lot of great info. Check out the reviews for it on Amazon to get an idea. Amazon.com: The Revolution: A Manifesto (9780446537520): Ron Paul: Books

Really, what will it hurt to fully check him out? Your rights and freedoms as well as the rights and freedoms of the next generation might just depend on it. If you do this and still think he's a joke and has no chance then that is your right and at least you know that you gave the guy a fair chance.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:24 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
Why does he have no credibility? Because the media told you so? Why is he a joke? Because the media told you so? I too thought that Ron Paul was a joke and kook cause that's what the media told us. I didn't even look at him in 08 because of what the media told us about him. I voted for Huckabee in the primary because that was the only one that I thought was halfway decent. I couldn't stand Romney or McCain. Was on board with McCain only because of Palin.

Since then I have been paying a lot more attention. We got rid of satellite and rely on the internet now for my info. I could not get behind any of the GOP contenders in the beginning. Was really starting to wonder if we'd have any real choice. I've been doing a lot of research on certain subjects regarding my family and food and health. I started seeing that we really do not have free choice on some of our most basic human rights. What is up with that? Both R's and D's are giving our basic freedoms away.

I started seeing Ron Paul's name show up. But he's a kook, he's crazy why would I even consider him? Well, since the media convinced me of this, I figured maybe I should take a look at him. I started watching YouTube vidoes of his past speeches then his this years CPAC speeches and his announcement speech. Then it was the last debate. While most other candidates were busy blaming the president for our current problems, which were just continued and expanded policies from the last R president, Ron Paul was actually telling us what caused these problems and how we can fix them.

He's been saying the same things for years. He predicted the mess that we're in now and he has a SOLID voting record showing that he voted against everything that put us here.

I encourage and even challenge everyone to watch his speeches and read "The Revolution- A Manifesto". I just finished it last night and wow, does it have a lot of great info. Check out the reviews for it on Amazon to get an idea. Amazon.com: The Revolution: A Manifesto (9780446537520): Ron Paul: Books

Really, what will it hurt to fully check him out? Your rights and freedoms as well as the rights and freedoms of the next generation might just depend on it. If you do this and still think he's a joke and has no chance then that is your right and at least you know that you gave the guy a fair chance.
Paul is a kook. He doesn't have a chance! All the goofy 'online support' in '08.....and he barely got 10% of the vote in the Primaries. Paul is a flake. He has some good ideas....and some wild and crazy ones also. We have 'checked him out' ....not CAPABLE OF THE JOB.

He's a Doctor....not a strong leader.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:34 AM

313 posts, read 834,276 times
Quote:
Paul is a kook. He doesn't have a chance! All the goofy 'online support' in '08.....and he barely got 10% of the vote in the Primaries. Paul is a flake. He has some good ideas....and some wild and crazy ones also. We have 'checked him out' ....not CAPABLE OF THE JOB.

Well, that's your opinion and I have mine. Good thing we still have the right to our own opinions.

If flake= having knowledge and substance than I'll take a flake over any of the other options.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:07 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
And how many times I've been called tinfoiler, kook, and had black helicopters posted as replies to my posts for saying that? Glad to see you're beginning to see the light Even in 2008 I supported Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel over Obama. I only voted for Obama because by then those 2 had dropped out when the primary reached PA.
I totally supported Kucinich during the primaries and the media totally ignored him. In fact, on a bogus technicality, he was bumped out of an important debate. Why? Because when you have corporate run media it is just as bad as having corporate run Congress, which we do indeed have. We must face the fact that as long as Campaign Finance Reform is off the table, we will never have any candidates that will campaign and be elected on merits as opposed to money.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
good queastion and doubt anyone has the answer, but, for me, it has to do with 1-suddenly hearing about a person who I may not have noticed before and 2-(particularly this year) some of my choices are not running. Christi for one, Daniels for another. I haven't totally decided on who I will support, sometimes our responses have more to do with the negatism some of you throw out about canididates. There are some of us who might defend a candidate against crappy attacks, but that doesn't mean we are supporting them.

Nita

Old 07-05-2011, 07:23 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
This is a good topic and i've noticed it myself. I wouldn't say it's the entire media, rather fox news and other right wing outlets that really push and make a huge deal out of the candidates and it's amazing how their followers will just obediently obey and throw their support behind whichever candidate they tell them to. It really show the inability for many on the right to think for themselves and let fox do it from them.
It has happened numerous times on this forum everyone on the right loves one candidate, then fox pushes another and now he's the greatest person in the world and so on.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:58 AM

923 posts, read 1,430,720 times
Quote:

Ron Paul is the only candidate that can bring about the much needed change in our government. Voting for anyone else is simply voting for politics as usual.

YouTube - ‪Judge Andrew Napolitano - "In whose hands will you trust your freedom?" - Ron Paul‬‏

Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections