Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 11:11 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
At least he's more qualified than Romney, Huntsman, and Perry. Maybe he'll survive.
Qualified to do what, run a pizza and hamburger company?

When McDonald's is looking for a Chief Executive Officer maybe he can apply, but now he need good leaders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 11:40 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Running a business does NOT qualify one to be President of the United States.

Herman Cain is on the wrong side of many issues. FREEDOM is one of them that he more or less is 90% against as he says he is 90% IN FAVOR OF THE PATRIOT ACT.

He doesn't even support auditing the FED which was unanimously supported by Congress!

He supported TARP!

He has evidently no position on the troops in Iraq "yet" and said that would be decided AFTER he is elected President.

He has backed off on his position about having our currency backed by precious metals and in the last election.

'Fraid not Herman Cain! You have to have a lot more of your positions figured out to be taken seriously as a presidential candidate.

Austrian Economist, Tom Woods has some great comments on him and the other candidates

‪The Trouble with Herman Cain‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-21-2011, 01:57 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Running a business does NOT qualify one to be President of the United States.

Herman Cain is on the wrong side of many issues. FREEDOM is one of them that he more or less is 90% against as he says he is 90% IN FAVOR OF THE PATRIOT ACT.

He doesn't even support auditing the FED which was unanimously supported by Congress!

He supported TARP!

He has evidently no position on the troops in Iraq "yet" and said that would be decided AFTER he is elected President.

He has backed off on his position about having our currency backed by precious metals and in the last election.

'Fraid not Herman Cain! You have to have a lot more of your positions figured out to be taken seriously as a presidential candidate.

Austrian Economist, Tom Woods has some great comments on him and the other candidates

‪The Trouble with Herman Cain‬‏ - YouTube

This is HILARIOUS. If the 'Paul people' believe they can attack and bad-mouth another candidate (i.e. all other candidates) and thereby gain support for Ron Paul, well that simply is WRONG....and turns off most everyone.

And, sorry to inform Paul supportors....but Paul CANNOT get elected.

I'm as sure he can't win....as I am either of the former Bush'es will never be President Again!

Old 07-21-2011, 07:43 AM

865 posts, read 676,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
This is HILARIOUS. If the 'Paul people' believe they can attack and bad-mouth another candidate (i.e. all other candidates) and thereby gain support for Ron Paul, well that simply is WRONG....and turns off most everyone.

And, sorry to inform Paul supportors....but Paul CANNOT get elected.

I'm as sure he can't win....as I am either of the former Bush'es will never be President Again!
Thank you for your opinion, now go remind his other 20 million grassroots supporters before that number grows any more. Please save us all, quality guy, with your quality postings.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Thank you for your opinion, now go remind his other 20 million grassroots supporters before that number grows any more. Please save us all, quality guy, with your quality postings.
Thank you. My postings are sincere, honest and direct.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:10 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Thank you. My postings are sincere, honest and direct.
You are just jealous because your guy Rick Perry is going to have a LONG LONG road ahead of him trying to explain away his extremely questionable background and track record. Having been a Democrat and chief of staff for Al Gore doesn't help him one bit.

Also the trend has been that when a candidate drops out, it only further propels Ron Paul ahead with more supporters.

What is Rick Perry's message going to be that is going to hypnotize and mesmerize people into changing their mind about Ron Paul and vote for Perry because that is what would have to happen for Perry to get elected?

Old 07-21-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
You are just jealous because your guy Rick Perry is going to have a LONG LONG road ahead of him trying to explain away his extremely questionable background and track record. Having been a Democrat and chief of staff for Al Gore doesn't help him one bit.

Also the trend has been that when a candidate drops out, it only further propels Ron Paul ahead with more supporters.

What is Rick Perry's message going to be that is going to hypnotize and mesmerize people into changing their mind about Ron Paul and vote for Perry because that is what would have to happen for Perry to get elected?
Huh?

Old 07-21-2011, 04:18 PM

41 posts, read 29,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MStant1 View Post
Herman Cain is an empty suit. If you ever listen to him speak you realize he isn't really saying anything other than buzz words that make conservatives salivate.

Any time he gets pressured he makes horrific gaffes like not knowing anything about Right of Return, confusing the constitution with the decleration or thinking legislation can fit on 5 pages (I'm aware he now claims he meant the executive summary).

He also doesn't seem to have any real view points on anything. When he gets asked a question about policy his token response is "I Don't know, but I will sit down with the "experts" and figure it out". I have heard him give that response multiple times to multiple answers.

Also I don't like the man because he was a member of the federal reserve and he has zero experience. Making pizzas at a third rate chain doesn't qualify anyone to be president. He can try to pretend that his lack of experience is an asset, but truth be told it is a liability. I'm pretty sure he learned about claiming liabilities as assets from the federal reserve. They are good at that crap.

I agree with this entire post. Especially the bolded part. Some people can be so gullible when it comes to politicians.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:

Now I wonder? Why these FALSE claims? I'm jealous? Of who...and what?

Old 07-22-2011, 03:07 AM

996 posts, read 1,897,789 times
Considering a bunch of his latest comments I can't consider him a serious candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections