Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you vote for Obama in the 2012 Elections?
Yes 81 31.89%
No 173 68.11%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 07:41 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times

Advertisements

C'mon! This poll isn't like a real election. It only lets me vote once.
"No", again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 08:28 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The Political board is about even the Elections part is very right leaning. IMHO
It makes sense to me. I think an election board like this would be inherently anti-incumbent.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:32 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Uh, let's see:

Obama vs Romney
Obama vs Gingrich
Obama vs Paul
Obama vs Perry
Obama vs Bachmann
Obama vs Santorum
Obama vs Huntsman

It's a no brainer!

Obama in 2012! Go, Team Obama!

Old 12-10-2011, 08:34 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Uh, let's see:

Obama vs Romney
Obama vs Gingrich
Obama vs Paul
Obama vs Perry
Obama vs Bachmann
Obama vs Santorum
Obama vs Huntsman

It's a no brainer!

Obama in 2012! Go, Team Obama!
I'd take Rick Perry's mentally retarded half-brother (if he existed) over Obama.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:01 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,312,213 times
You didn't include Undecided as an option...So do you think a year beforehand everybody has made up their mind? Sadly I think you are probably right...We have become so polarized over the last 20 years thanks to right-wing talk-radio, and Faux news...I'm sure you will see that many people have already made up their mind.

But the reality, despite what morons like Rush Limbaugh say and convince the do-nothing Republican party are stupid enough to have you believe, its the middle/independant/un-deciderers whom are going to elect the President. Basically on the right you have the 20%ers, on the left you have the 20%ers...These fringe groups seem to every so often gain, hold of the party and force them to kiss their rear. Just so happens this cycle its the Republicans who are stuck in this ninja/satan deathhold that they have to do/say everything based on what the tea-party and evangelical nuts want to hear.

Because of this my answer is...as stands today...I would vote for Obama if my first couple choices weren't a possibility...Huntsman I would vote for sure, barring anything crazy. Ron Paul, I think I would vote for, again see the previous. Third, it would be Obama, after Huntsman and Paul, the rest of the Repubes are just abysmal nightmares!

I would do a write-in for Smokey the Bear before I could ever vote for any of the current Repube crazies...Rick Perry, The Newt 'I love cancer, clean the toilet u poor bastard' Gingrich, Michelle 'I have the gay cure' Bachmann, Rick 'I wanna be gay' Santorum, or Donald 'tycoon thats filed bankruptcy 4 times already' Trump...I mean if they get your vote...God Bless you!

Old 12-10-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
I'd take Rick Perry's mentally retarded half-brother (if he existed) over Obama.
So Rick Perry is 'mentally retarded' and has a half-brother? Or he's mentally retarded compared to his half-brother? His half-retarded brother exists?

Please HELP!!! I am so lost is Rick Perryt half mentally retarded like his brother????

Old 12-11-2011, 09:14 AM

447 posts, read 496,107 times
As an independent, will vote for Ron out of GOP pool vs Obama. Even I disagree with him in many aspects, he is predictable, not an opportunist like all other top tiers who are worse than Obama.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:43 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Agree; I'd sooner cut my nuts off with a serrated plastic knife.
agreed.

i'd sooner strip naked, coat myself in sugar, and lie down in a fire ant nest.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Voting for one of the loony republican candidates is like signing the death certificate for our freedom and our country. Works both ways see.
I kinda hope one of the Republican nuts wins...It would be the most absolute, for sure, guaranteed, final nail in the coffin for the Teapublican party. Then finally, with the Republican do-nothing party and their billionaire Koch brothers financed tea-tards out of the way, the country can finally start moving forward to getting back on track!

Old 12-12-2011, 12:02 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
I will be voting for President Obama but I am seriously perplexed at the Republican field for nominee. I think that the GOP is doing itself a great disservice to present such a weak, lackluster field considering President Obama's current approval ratings.

If Republicans seriously believe that President Obama is destroying America, its a sad statement that they are not offering up stellar potential replacements. Not only that but the Republicans are actually not enthusiatic about the one candidate who has the best chance of a win, Mitt Romney. So it tells me that the GOP doesn't want the White House in 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections