Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 11:30 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,232,198 times

Advertisements

Conservatives have, that is.

Opinion: Rick Perry not a true conservative - Tom Tancredo - POLITICO.com

Tom Tancredo takes a shot at him over Perry's immigration views, and apparently holds a grudge for Perry once calling him (Tancredo) a racist for his own immigration views.

Let the GOP battle begin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 11:34 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,351,502 times
He's going to have a hard time defending his record on immigrations issues with most conservatives.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:39 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,649,010 times
Yeah, Perry's a RINO You all are worse than Maoists when it comes to ideological purity.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:14 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Wait, I thought that Perry was the GOP's messiah?

Old 08-13-2011, 10:18 AM

629 posts, read 772,081 times
Dick Nixon would beat Huessein in a landslide at this point. It wont take much

Old 08-13-2011, 10:28 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Tearing him down? Are you kidding? He's got the power and wind of the Lord in his sails. He's risng as if the the Rapture has arrived. His ascent is guaranteed by Jesus...at least according to these guys...I mean his apostles...

A little-known movement of radical Christians and self-proclaimed prophets wants to infiltrate government, and Rick Perry might be their man.
In all the media attention surrounding Perry’s flirtation with a run for the presidency, the governor’s budding relationship with the leaders of the New Apostolic Reformation movement has largely escaped notice. But perhaps not for long. Perry has given self-proclaimed prophets and apostles leading roles in The Response, a much-publicized Christians-only prayer rally that Perry is organizing at Houston’s Reliant Stadium on Aug. 6.

Rick Perry’s Army of God | The Global Realm

Hallelujah Brother Perry!!!! The fingers of the Almighty are running through you well groomed hair.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:31 AM

629 posts, read 772,081 times
The religious right sat out the last election. They will be stirred into a frenzy and out in force by 11/12

Old 08-13-2011, 10:45 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Conservatives have, that is.

Opinion: Rick Perry not a true conservative - Tom Tancredo - POLITICO.com

Tom Tancredo takes a shot at him over Perry's immigration views, and apparently holds a grudge for Perry once calling him (Tancredo) a racist for his own immigration views.

Let the GOP battle begin!
I know Huckabee is gunning for Perry. He's still carrying a grudge that Perry didn't endorse him for 2008. Huckabee's daughter is working for Pawlenty.

Tancredo is a one-noter. Like some of the others, let him run a state, then we can talk about experience and issues.

Someone on Fox (Nina Easton maybe) has a relative (husband?) working for Romney. I only mention that because you really should see the connections in the media in both parties.

The Ron Paul people don't think anyone in Texas is worth the price of beans except their guy as if Perry was their biggest threat just because he's a native Texan and Paul isn't. Maybe they'd like their guy to be compared to George W Bush, too. Is that what the jealousy is about because I sincerely doubt they're circling the same set of voters? They certainly never faced the same challenges in their careers.

The Democrats have said they are concentrating their opposition research on Perry and Romney apparently thinking one of them is going to be Obama's opponent. So expect to see a lot of "when is a job not a job" blabbering out of the libs or "I bet Romney and Perry never killed Osama Bin Laden" (maybe a Democrat bumper sticker) because what other positive thing does Obama have going for him that he can brag about?

Michele Bachmann has no resume so she sees all her opponents as anyone with experience which is pretty much everyone else. She actually said "no" to the Waterloo gig on Sunday until after she heard Perry was going to be there. Then she did an about face.

I don't expect Gingrich to badmouth Perry since Gingrich wrote the intro to Perry's book "Fed Up." I think Gingrich would make a good advisor if Perry was elected (Giuliani would make a good attorney general).

Rick Santorum is crying because all he's got is the social conservative thing so anyone with social conservative credentials plus just about any other experience is probably threatening to him. Frankly, I think he's an okay person (likeable), I just don't know why he thought he had a shot.

I would have to think they're all pretty pissed that Perry can make a late entrance, have a lot of donors waiting, grab media attention and start in the top 3. I'm thinking the money is going to dry up for a number of them before the end of the year and the first primary. Again, the donor pie is finite. Too many people trying to slice it up does the ultimate winner no good in the general election since Obama has his money pie all to himself.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:11 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,577,764 times
Does the religious right know that Rick Perry is gay?

Old 08-13-2011, 01:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
He's going to have a hard time defending his record on immigrations issues with most conservatives.
That might be his number 1 problem. I need to figure out what his true feelings are and why?

NIta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections