Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 02:52 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,695,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Perry only managed a little more than 700 write in votes in Ames, Iowa coming in around 6th or 7th Place. I guess he has his work cut out for him if he is going to be the nominee.
He just announced his candidacy yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Yes he did get 700 still in 6th place or so...not a big threat. Romney got 500 votes.
Romney was on the ballot; Perry was not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 02:56 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,213,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Conservatives have, that is.

Opinion: Rick Perry not a true conservative - Tom Tancredo - POLITICO.com

Tom Tancredo takes a shot at him over Perry's immigration views, and apparently holds a grudge for Perry once calling him (Tancredo) a racist for his own immigration views.

Let the GOP battle begin!

I am interested in finding out more about him, BUT, anyone is better than that
nut we have in right now, so at this point, who ever is running against
Obama, will have my vote!

Old 08-14-2011, 03:02 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,928,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I am interested in finding out more about him, BUT, anyone is better than that
nut we have in right now, so at this point, who ever is running against
Obama, will have my vote!
your just playing into the dem vs. repub ping pong game.

if perry wins in 2016 you'll be saying the same thing you are saying now, and will vote for dem. in 2020 you'll vote for republican, and back and forth.

id like to see people vote for paul or a 3rd party to get unchained from the dem vs. repub game.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
That's funny.
I guess he's over-compensating for all those years he was a democrat?
LOL
I was a democrat for years!
Last election was the first time I ever voted against that party
so I do not hold anything against him!
I want anyone but Obama!!
If sarah palin ran, I would vote for her! and boy that is a hard thing to do!
I would vote for Ron Paul! OMGOSH!!

Old 08-14-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
your just playing into the dem vs. repub ping pong game.

if perry wins in 2016 you'll be saying the same thing you are saying now, and will vote for dem. in 2020 you'll vote for republican, and back and forth.

id like to see people vote for paul or a 3rd party to get unchained from the dem vs. repub game.
no, that is not true, from what little I know about Perry, I like him
I can not stand Ron Paul, most of his views I disagree with, like it or not we need our military out in the world, that is just the way it is
I do think the 3 wars we are in though need to be dropped, enough already!
he would not have our troops any where, BUT, if he is who is running
hell yes, I will vote for him
people still want personality, folks were so swayed by Obama and look where we are now!
it was like american idol , sickening
and both parties are the same, out for their own election
I want, for once, some one that wants what is best for our country
not their stupid party or their rich backers
it will not happen in this election either!

Old 08-14-2011, 03:53 PM

910 posts, read 1,678,212 times
Perry lost me on the imminent domain issue. No way is it ok for a politician to do that!

Old 08-14-2011, 11:45 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,015,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
I haven't read much about Perry's record and positions yet, but I already see a big strike against him: his college grades, particularly the C in U.S. History (both semesters) and the D in economics. I'd like an informed, intelligent president who has a good understanding of both these subjects (plus world history, U.S. Constitution, world government systems, and math).

yet another C student Governor from Texas?

Old 08-15-2011, 09:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
yet another C student Governor from Texas?
What difference does it make how a candidate did in college 30 plus years ago for heaven's sake....You know until the last few years who even paid attention to someones transcripts? I think the internet has done as much damage sometimes as good. We are spending way too much time on issues that shouldn't make a difference.

Nita

Old 08-15-2011, 10:51 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Have you noticed Democrats/libs are not targeting Michelle Bachmann? She just won the straw poll. They should have been ready to pounce.

Is it because she's so formidible an opponent, has no record so there is nothing to attack or is it because she's the one they want to see up against Obama? They can't do Number 2 as their guy was a lightweight when he ran for president and that would be pointed out for sure. So which is it - formidible or the candidate the Democrats want to see run against Obama?

Old 08-15-2011, 10:57 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,691,565 times
Perry is also a true patriot - having wanted to secede only once recently. We need such "selfless patriots" running the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections