Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2011, 11:35 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,320,169 times

Advertisements

Loud mouth candidates and pundits turn me off...I don't want to put an "extremist" into office or listen to a pundit rant and rave and "foam at the mouth." I'm looking for clear-cut ideas delivered in a sane and rational way...And even more I'm looking for a candidate who doesn't get stuck in non-stop "hate" and "blame" games..."Extremists" from either side turn me off and so do excuses....I don't want to put a "do nothing" or an "extremist" into office...Someone who "pops off at the mouth" is risky. I don't want to put my life in the hands of someone who seems angry and irrational at times...Will they go "off the deep end" and overreact and get us in a "worse mess?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 11:42 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,139,040 times
The “Blog” of “Unnecessary” Quotation Marks

Old 08-18-2011, 11:46 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,202,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Loud mouth candidates and pundits turn me off...I don't want to put an "extremist" into office or listen to a pundit rant and rave and "foam at the mouth." I'm looking for clear-cut ideas delivered in a sane and rational way...And even more I'm looking for a candidate who doesn't get stuck in non-stop "hate" and "blame" games..."Extremists" from either side turn me off and so do excuses....I don't want to put a "do nothing" or an "extremist" into office...Someone who "pops off at the mouth" is risky. I don't want to put my life in the hands of someone who seems angry and irrational at times...Will they go "off the deep end" and overreact and get us in a "worse mess?"
Don't tune in to FAUX News!

Old 08-18-2011, 11:54 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,690,093 times
Not just the politicians - we the people are to blame also.

Case in point - look at some posters - they can not write a sentence without the help of 4 expletives - all the while chest-thumping that they are always so right. When these really PO-ed people do have an occasional point, no one listens because the people they should be addressing have tuned them off. They also tend not to engage in any discussion - they come in, post crap and call other idiots, and then walk away from the thread. Rinse and repeat.

We have a toxic environment that is getting worse.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:18 PM

Some people seem to think that yelling and screaming and acting like a "big bully" makes them seem strong...But everyone doesn't feel this way. This is how kids act! Kids react in impulsive ways and don't censor or question what they say or how they are acting...This is over-entitlement in itself! Young kids feel they are entitled to act the way they want without regard for anyone else..."This is the way I feel and I am entitled to say whatever I want and nobody better get in my way! Because I am right, right, right and you are dead wrong!"

Old 08-18-2011, 12:42 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,041,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
I have a problem with the female voice. I don't know why but I think it's pitch. The View drives me crazy. They all sound like shrieking hens clucking in the henhouse. Yes, even the conservative one. Stop with those clips already from that show I won't watch.

Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin - why do they have to yell everything in that shrieking voice? I think if you asked Bachmann for the weather forecast, she'd yell that, too. P.S. It doesn't make you smarter or what you say better or more correct when you yell it. Margaret Hoover drives me up a wall. Put a sock in it. I turn the sound off when she is on. Karen Hanretty used to drive me up a wall, too. Guilfoyle and the other dark haired on on The Five, tone it down! It's not what they have to say. I agree with most of them. It's the way they say it. The females on TV with the better voices are the ones from the radio where they have probably been taught how to modulate their voice: Tammy Bruce, Laura Ingraham and that Democrat one from radio that's always on O'Reilly's show are examples of more pleasing female voices.

This is just an aside but there was a male black guest on Fox News this week who has a radio show. I'm sorry I didn't catch his name but he has just about the best voice I've ever heard. I could listen to that man talk all day. I believe he was on with Laura Ingraham who was sitting in for O'Reilly but maybe he was on with Hannity. He was on with another guest.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I have a problem with the female voice. I don't know why but I think it's pitch. The View drives me crazy. They all sound like shrieking hens clucking in the henhouse. Yes, even the conservative one. Stop with those clips already from that show I won't watch.

Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin - why do they have to yell everything in that shrieking voice? I think if you asked Bachmann for the weather forecast, she'd yell that, too. P.S. It doesn't make you smarter or what you say better or more correct when you yell it. Margaret Hoover drives me up a wall. Put a sock in it. I turn the sound off when she is on. Karen Hanretty used to drive me up a wall, too. Guilfoyle and the other dark haired on on The Five, tone it down! It's not what they have to say. I agree with most of them. It's the way they say it. The females on TV with the better voices are the ones from the radio where they have probably been taught how to modulate their voice: Tammy Bruce, Laura Ingraham and that Democrat one from radio that's always on O'Reilly's show are examples of more pleasing female voices.

This is just an aside but there was a male black guest on Fox News this week who has a radio show. I'm sorry I didn't catch his name but he has just about the best voice I've ever heard. I could listen to that man talk all day. I believe he was on with Laura Ingraham who was sitting in for O'Reilly but maybe he was on with Hannity. He was on with another guest.
Michele Bachmann does ok in one-on-one interviews but sure "steps it up" when she's addressing a crowd. I can't take her "loud shrill." I have to turn the TV volume way down or switch the channel when she gives speeches.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:16 PM

321 posts, read 363,161 times
I hate Bob Beckel and Alan Colmes. Is that normal? LOL

I don't mind Anderson Cooper, Rachel Maddow though.

Im conservative obv
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections