Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 11:12 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If Texas doesn't need Perry at a time like this, Texas doesn't need Perry period! Any fool can govern when there are no problems to deal with.

Obama blows off wars and commanding generals, and that's just fine with the libs.

McChrystal's Frank Talk on Afghanistan - CBS News

Perry doesn't personally grap a fire hose and he doesn't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 11:23 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
your location is listed as midwest.
which little pissant state are you from ?

His IP says he is in Florida.

Go figure.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
You are not from Texas are you?

and you are?

LOL.

Go sit in sunny Florida awhile.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Just letting you know that Perry flew back to Texas to take care of the fires...I know that doesn't help your cause...

Yes, he was on the ground and in the air, early yesterday morning, making a statement from Bastrop, yesterday afternoon.

He may not be in the debate, to stay here and command the National Guard on it.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Seriously?! We elected TWO morons W, and Mr. Good-hair. Both of whom are bigger idiots than President Obama.

I wouldn't be so quick on the trigger, you're way wide of the mark.

You need to go stake out a home in New York, Michigan or California and then come back to us on the abilities of a Conservative Governor and Legislature.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:21 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
A 100,000 homes lost? Are you sure? Would you collaborate that number with a link/source please?
I'm sorry, I got momentary dislexia. The Drudge report was 100,000 acres, and 1,000 homes. I'll see if I can find that link. I believe those numbers are from the beginning of this year til now. As of yesterday, they had 63 different fires burning.

Reuters today:
More than 3.6 million acres in Texas have been scorched by wildfires since November, fed by a continuing drought that has caused more than $5 billion in damage to the state's agricultural industry and shows no sign of easing.
The Texas Forest Service responded on Sunday to 63 new fires burning on more than 32,000 acres including 22 new large fires. Authorities said two people were killed on Sunday.
Officials said the worst of the fires was the Bastrop County Complex fire, east of Austin, which stretched for 16 miles and more than 30,000 acres.
http://news.yahoo.com/two-dead-wildfires-scorch-texas-perry-back-home-002729620.html (broken link)

Old 09-06-2011, 01:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb Record drought in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
What do you mean he isn't doing anything about this? He prayed for rain, didn't he?

This should give the hallelujah crowd a little insight on Perry's standing with the almighty...

"As historically bad as this summer's drought has been, we may not have seen the worst of it.
There's growing concern among some scientists that Texas' drought could linger through another dry winter and return next summer to more deeply ravage an already water-stressed state."

This summer's drought may worsen next year - Houston Chronicle

Old 09-06-2011, 01:50 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
This should give the hallelujah crowd a little insight on Perry's standing with the almighty...

"As historically bad as this summer's drought has been, we may not have seen the worst of it.
There's growing concern among some scientists that Texas' drought could linger through another dry winter and return next summer to more deeply ravage an already water-stressed state."

This summer's drought may worsen next year - Houston Chronicle
I don't know you, and I don't know him...but I reckon he's probably a little closer to God than most dems, based on policy alone.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:51 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Video: Gov. Rick Perry speaks at Steiner Ranch (http://www.statesman.com/news/video-gov-rick-perry-speaks-at-steiner-ranch-1822950.html - broken link)

Old 09-06-2011, 03:26 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I don't know you, and I don't know him...but I reckon he's probably a little closer to God than most dems, based on policy alone.
Apparently God doesn't like Perry or the state of Texas.

Here are some interesting words concerning a crisis.

Quote:
Rick Perry: "I think in America from time to time we have to go through some difficult times — and I think we’re going through those difficult economic times for a purpose, to bring us back to those Biblical principles of you know, you don’t spend all the money. You work hard for those six years and you put up that seventh year in the warehouse to take you through the hard times. And not spending all of our money. Not asking for Pharaoh to give everything to everybody and to take care of folks because at the end of the day, it’s slavery. We become slaves to government*."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social...102953803.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections