Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 01:19 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
If he is physically in SC already, how is leaving a few hours earlier going to make a difference with that? That can't be the reason. He's just chicken.
You have got to be kidding. The situation here in Austin is the worst wildfire situation ever to hit Texas. I'm going to assume you simply don't understand that.

But again, you exemplify the reason Ron Paul can never win. You want to know why no one takes your candidate seriously, look in a mirror.

Ron Paul supporters are just so wacko, there is no way anyone would let people like that get anywhere near the White House. Rightfully so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 02:45 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
If he is physically in SC already, how is leaving a few hours earlier going to make a difference with that? That can't be the reason. He's just chicken.

I would support Paul before Perry but I still don't understand why you think it makes Paul look better by belittling a contender. It is much more effective to point out Paul's good qualities in a meaningful way.

It is just childish to say everyone else is wrong so I must be right.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:48 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,517,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
You have got to be kidding. The situation here in Austin is the worst wildfire situation ever to hit Texas. I'm going to assume you simply don't understand that.

But again, you exemplify the reason Ron Paul can never win. You want to know why no one takes your candidate seriously, look in a mirror.

Ron Paul supporters are just so wacko, there is no way anyone would let people like that get anywhere near the White House. Rightfully so.
Yet they don't personally attack supporters of other candidates...

Old 09-05-2011, 02:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
LOL! They are criticizing him for campaigning and not taking care of Texas and now they are criticizing him because he pulled out of the debate to take care of Texas.

He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. LOL!
and if you have friends and family in the path of the fires you would be proud of his decision. Anyone who thinks he doesn't know he would get blasted for not being at the forum or whatever they are calling him needs their head examined.

My understanding and yours too obviously is, a governors first responsibility is to the state he leads.

NIta

Old 09-05-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
They sure do, where the heck have you been?

Old 09-05-2011, 03:00 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
LOL! They are criticizing him for campaigning and not taking care of Texas and now they are criticizing him because he pulled out of the debate to take care of Texas.

He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. LOL!
A lesson learned from the right-wingers' toolbox.

One could argue it's about the wildfires, but one could also argue that he isn't prepared for a debate. If you like him, it's option one and if you don't, it's option two. Or any number of other possibilities. In any case, when the anointed frontrunner opts out, it's suspicious.

(You know, I had to really dig into the news for this wildfire story).

Old 09-05-2011, 03:01 PM

FYI -- when Perry last declared a major disaster due to the terrible Texas wildfires earlier this year, there were only 244 homes in total destroyed:

Office of the Governor Rick Perry - [Press Release] Gov. Perry Requests Major Disaster Declaration as Extreme Wildfire Danger Continues

I say "only", but obviously that was a terrible tragedy. And he was ignored by the federal government.

But by comparison, the wildfires in the Austin metro during the last 24 hours have already consumed over 475 homes, and are 0% contained!

Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com

So does anyone still want to call Perry returning to Texas some kind of political move?

Old 09-05-2011, 03:03 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
you want to bet???

Nita

Old 09-05-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
One could argue it's about the wildfires, but one could also argue that he isn't prepared for a debate. If you like him, it's option one and if you don't, it's option two. Or any number of other possibilities. In any case, when the anointed frontrunner opts out, it's suspicious.

(You know, I had to really dig into the news for this wildfire story).
Try CNN's home page sometime.

Or ABC news' homepage : ABCNews.com: Daily News, Breaking News and Video Broadcasts - ABC News

I'm through responding to people who are trying to politicize this tragedy; I will just assume it is ignorance and misunderstanding on their part.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:10 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,924,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post

So does anyone still want to call Perry returning to Texas some kind of political move?
yes, because i dont trust politicians and know they are always doing the political thing.

perry could care less about this fire, you, me or anybody else.

he got out of the debate because he wasnt ready to debate and a key tea party guy in SC just backed romney.

i would say its naive to think this wasnt a political move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections