Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 09:59 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, recent polls prove that independents are very disappointed with GOP with the exception of Paul. It makes perfect sense to me. I will vote for Paul, and there no way I would vote for any of the other GOP candidates.
I problem is him getting he GOP nomination, they have proven many times that the GOP doe not always use their heads when picking their candidates. Let's keep our fingers crossed for wiser choices this time around. Never forget the VP choice Will be taken into account, pick Bachmann or Palin and he will commit political suicide.
Casper

Old 09-06-2011, 10:01 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Not one Independent that I know would even consider voting for anyone in the GOP wannabe bunch besides Paul, so run anyone else and we will see who is right or wrong in 2012.
Casper
You guys keep telling them that but lucky for Obama they will never listen. Perry is the nominee. No doubt in my mind. He reminds them of bush and the south and the tea party still loves bush.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:03 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You guys keep telling them that but lucky for Obama they will never listen. Perry is the nominee. No doubt in my mind. He reminds them of bush and the south and the tea party still loves bush.
I am also quite convinced that Perry will win the nomination. Paul will not be allowed to win.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am also quite convinced that Perry will win the nomination. Paul will not be allowed to win.
He would be allowed if he could get the votes but he wont because perry is their man. Neo cons want everything privatized so they can get their hands on that government money. The taxpayer will save no money but the people who actually do the work will make much less. The slick perry type guy will be in the middle making all that money baby! That is todays GOP. Paul is not for that so the voters on the right will not vote for him.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:47 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Not one Independent that I know would even consider voting for anyone in the GOP wannabe bunch besides Paul, so run anyone else and we will see who is right or wrong in 2012.
Casper
I agree. Paul is the only level-headed GOP candidate in the whole field that can't be compromised on pretty much anything. Everyone else in the field would answer embarrassing questions something like "I love questions. I think it's important for us to ask questions and get answers. Because without answers, we'd just have questions" and other circle jerk non-answers

Old 09-06-2011, 10:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
By all means Sarah, run.

RUN SARAH RUN! Between Romney, Perry, Palin, and Newt, they should all cancel each other out.
I guess you don't know how it works. There will be a winner, there will also be a few drop out in the next 2 or 3 months. (probably) and at this stage, it looks like the race, baring any huge changes will come down to Romney and Perry.

Nita

Old 09-06-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I agree. Paul is the only level-headed GOP candidate in the whole field that can't be compromised on pretty much anything. Everyone else in the field would answer embarrassing questions something like "I love questions. I think it's important for us to ask questions and get answers. Because without answers, we'd just have questions" and other circle jerk non-answers
Man if you even see it someone better tell the GOP. Perry is the nominee. The rest are just wasting money. I hope romney either gives up trying for office or runs as a democrat on a democratic platform. That is his only chance. He or paul wil notl beat a neo con like perry. Just wont happen.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:45 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
LOL! Poor Sarah...an empty thread...all about her!

Even the rabid "stick to their chair at the mention of her name" fans aren't here to defend the DivaDope!

Where are those fans who thought she was just so special.....kinda quiet now ...and they thought she's be such a good President...

Hard to believe they are FINALLY embarrassed about being so stupid but this empty thread sure looks as if they are!
Simply because many wise, decent Palin supporters don't choose to engage in 'spitting contests' with her detractors....doesn't mean anyone is embarrassed! On the contrary.....the 'embarrassed' eventually will be the mockers...and all who like to ridicule Americans of HIGH QUALITY....and Strong character and ideals that made this a once great country.

I heard it put this way, sapiently....''He who LAUGHS last...Laughs best!''

Old 09-07-2011, 12:50 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Simply because many wise, decent Palin supporters don't choose to engage in 'spitting contests' with her detractors....doesn't mean anyone is embarrassed! On the contrary.....the 'embarrassed' eventually will be the mockers...and all who like to ridicule Americans of HIGH QUALITY....and Strong character and ideals that made this a once great country.

I heard it put this way, sapiently....''He who LAUGHS last...Laughs best!''
Palin won't run and if she does she cannot win, no matter her character or ideals, that is another debate, the point is there will be no money left for her, the other candidates have already divided the monetary support amoung them and if she descides to jump in at this late date she will not have the money to make a viable run at the nomination. Her only hope of making the final race is to run as an Independent and that would only split the righ-wing voter base and assure a win for President Obama. Somewhre along the line you are going to have to admit it, Palin will NEVER be President of the United States of America, and that is that.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections