Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 08:43 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
I do believe that the Forest Service budgets were cut, but how that translates to volunteer fire departments is a little ambiguous. Most volunteer fire departments are locally funded, and receive permission to acquire surplus equipment from the Forest Service in the form of grants. But, to say that the volunteer fire departments are directly funded by the State of Texas is a stretch.
agree my town is 100% volunteer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 08:46 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
According to the Forest Service spokesman, the budget cuts have not been a factor in the existing wildfires in Texas.

Rick Perry's stand against spending meant significant cuts to Forest Service, which fights fires

Wonder why you liberals are so adamant about criticizing Perry? Scared that Obozo might get his hat handed to him? For you Obamanots,....it makes not a tinkersdamn who runs against Obama,.....most will vote against Obama, not necessarily for his opponent.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:49 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,955 times
Perry has been horrible for Texas (I am a Texan and still live here). I am amazed he has not been shown for what he is because you simply have to read. Texas is in shambles and has been well before the fires started. Perry has too many skeletons in the closet. If he becomes president it means a true vetting process is no longer possible in this country which means a failure

Old 09-06-2011, 08:51 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
According to the Forest Service spokesman, the budget cuts have not been a factor in the existing wildfires in Texas.

Rick Perry's stand against spending meant significant cuts to Forest Service, which fights fires

Wonder why you liberals are so adamant about criticizing Perry? Scared that Obozo might get his hat handed to him? For you Obamanots,....it makes not a tinkersdamn who runs against Obama,.....most will vote against Obama, not necessarily for his opponent.
It speaks a great deal when you have to resort to name calling such as "Obozo" and "Obamanots".

Old 09-06-2011, 08:57 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:

I don't know, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that he is a walking disaster. Many of the current problems in Texas from the fires, to their budget woes, to the water shortage stem in part from bad planning. Furthermore if the best criticism you have of Obama and his supporters involves 3rd grade name calling I think you may have some problems in 2012.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:57 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
As a Texan I've just gotta post here.

We keep telling you all these politicians are crazy yet you keep voting them for president! Who is the backa##wards person in that scenario?

Bastrop is a small town that is basically a far ex-urb of Austin. By family who live in the area for all intents and purposes it is burnt to the ground. That is not much of an exaggeration. We received a lot of help from firefighters (volunteer and otherwise) from all over. THANK YOU!

Texas does NOT have money in the bank as someone said. We have the second largest state debt (CA number 1). We happened to be able to lose all this money despite paying less money back to Texas citizens than any other state. Perry does not have much support in this state despite how it may look. There has been a lot of redistricting scandal that has helped him keep a sleeper hold on the state. Has everyone forgotten Tom Delay?

For as big and diverse of a state as Texas we need help. Voting Slick Rick into Presidency is not a way to help anyone!

For everyone affected by the fires I'm hoping for you! We've been able to smell it here in Houston since before our own fires started
Horsehockey!!

Governorship is a statewide vote and has nothing to do with districts or redistricting. Perry trounced a formidable opponent in Bill (Sanctuary City) White,...disproving your claim that he has little support.

As for your comment about Texas' debt and no money,...maybe you should check into the fact that the state constitution MANDATES a balanced budget without deficit spending so the debt is retired bi-anually. Of course, Texas does have a "rainy day" fund of a few billion, but who's counting?

Your post reeks of liberalism, and is flawed.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:02 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,955 times
41% to 37% with margin of error is not a trouncing

Check into how we lifted the balanced budget amendment to suit Perry. Your information is outdated. Where is a recent true count of the money in the rainy day fund? Why is it so hard to get that number released... Are you denying our debt? It is well reported and discussed even by Perry

Also look into who has been floating us for the past few years. Fed stimulus money. We wouldn't of covered our debt last cycle without it

edit: And are you seriously saying redistricting does not affect votes? I totally glazed over that one.

Whatever side of the aisle you are on look into what you support.

Last edited by testmo; 09-06-2011 at 09:23 PM..

Old 09-06-2011, 09:02 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
really? thats how we vote

wow, learn something new everyday...i didnt realize u were racist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
That is a crock.

The republican party has changed. It's been a slow change over many years, but they now seem to be totally consumed with a lifestyle. That lifestyle is based on religion and obstruction at all costs.
Hey I call it like I see it, when you guys on the left stop using race as a criteria for voting I'll stop calling you out on it.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:16 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
we are all grouped together now? lol..I dont use race as an issue, you brought it up, its clearly an issue to you...

Old 09-06-2011, 09:26 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
Perry does not have much support in this state despite how it may look.
Perry trounced the supposedly popular Kay Bailey Hutchinson and easily wiped his butt with Bill White in the general election. Like him or not, it is a flat out lie to say Perry doesn't have much support in this state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections