Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the debate in your honest opinion?...
Michelle Bachmann 6 9.23%
Herman Cain 3 4.62%
Newt Gingrich 3 4.62%
Jon Huntsman 4 6.15%
Ron Paul 25 38.46%
Rick Perry 4 6.15%
Mitt Romney 18 27.69%
Rick Santorum 2 3.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 08:39 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Great debate. I see why you Ron Paul fans like him. His answer about money for defense vs the military was spot-on, and his discussion about American militarism was great. Santorum looked like a pansy trying to beat up on him.

Newt is still a genius, but not for president...Secretary of State, maybe? I love Herman Cain for VP, but he may be too much personality. Huntsman is smart as hell, but left me cold, as did Perry, but for other reasons. I'm still liking Romney after all this.

If Palin jumps in, it will make life very interesting.
I think Huntsman is a bit verbose/ He takes entirely too much time answering any question he's asked. If he took less time and Santorum and Bachman had taken less time than EACH of them would have been able to answer every question.

Although I like how Bachman came back at Perry and brought up how much money Merck made from Tx taxpayers off of the forced vaccination program and about the contribution. I still wouldn't vote for her though. Too bad for her she was an IRS Tax attorney. That item on her resume isn't going to help get her elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 08:41 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,030,842 times
Huntsman's answer to the Afghani girl was perfect.
"We've been there for 10 years, our servicepeople have made the ultimate sacrifice, time for Afghanistan to take it from here, good luck."

That was my paraphrasing, but he gave her an excellent answer.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:53 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,572,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Great debate. I see why you Ron Paul fans like him. His answer about money for defense vs the military was spot-on, and his discussion about American militarism was great. Santorum looked like a pansy trying to beat up on him.

Newt is still a genius, but not for president...Secretary of State, maybe? I love Herman Cain for VP, but he may be too much personality. Huntsman is smart as hell, but left me cold, as did Perry, but for other reasons. I'm still liking Romney after all this.

If Palin jumps in, it will make life very interesting.
too much personality is a good way to describe Cain, there's just somethin about him that doesn't feel genuine.
I agree with everything you said except I can't stand Palin, hope she stays out of this. What did you think of Bachmann? I thought she did great, especially with Obamacare, Federal Reserve, and going after Perry on Gardacil.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:56 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,572,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I think Huntsman is a bit verbose/ He takes entirely too much time answering any question he's asked. If he took less time and Santorum and Bachman had taken less time than EACH of them would have been able to answer every question.

Although I like how Bachman came back at Perry and brought up how much money Merck made from Tx taxpayers off of the forced vaccination program and about the contribution. I still wouldn't vote for her though. Too bad for her she was an IRS Tax attorney. That item on her resume isn't going to help get her elected.
I liked Newt's statement about Obama saying he's against loopholes, yet every green tax credit is a loophole!!

Old 09-12-2011, 09:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Look at all those racist people singing the national anthem... which of course is racist.
Nice play of race card.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:02 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,858,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Nice play of race card.
The only people playing the race card are the ones who insist that the Tea Party is filled with racists because they don't agree with them.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:07 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Huntsman's answer to the Afghani girl was perfect.
"We've been there for 10 years, our servicepeople have made the ultimate sacrifice, time for Afghanistan to take it from here, good luck."

That was my paraphrasing, but he gave her an excellent answer.
I agree. All his answers should have been that concise.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:07 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,339,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I agree with everything you said except I can't stand Palin, hope she stays out of this. What did you think of Bachmann? I thought she did great, especially with Obamacare, Federal Reserve, and going after Perry on Gardacil.
To be honest, as much as I respect her, I hope Palin stays out of this race, and I wish she'd stop dropping hints.

I like Michelle Bachmann, she's smart (and sexy), and great in the debate, but I don't think she has a chance. I know a lot of independents who voted for Obama and are seriously looking at the GOP candidates, but they would never vote for Bachmann. Now again, l come from the NYC area, and I don't honestly know how independents elsewhere think.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,319,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
for me, the biggest debate loser tonight was rick perry, because of his pro illegal stance.

at least he was honest, but i still don't like it.

i still want santorum to drop out, as he is annoying the heck out of me. (although he gave a good answer on the school shots issue). i think santorum is more popular with the military wing of the republican party and more popular with men than women.

Shhh the loons are scared of Perry and have focused their entire lifes to attacking him.

Let them do their normal thing and follow the wrong person around.

They have a habit of following the wrong bouncing ball.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:12 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
It's a good sign when the most negative thing people can up with about a candidate is his skin color.

He reminds me of sort of a Poindexter character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections