Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 04:55 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
alphabetsoupmale"It's amazing how people think that you're a bad person"

when you cheer for allowing another person to die.
Very clever!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 05:15 AM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, it is wonderful that you're doing what your'e doing fot help. However, should people have to rely on smaltzy TV ads, etc to get the help they need?

And I will reiterate, there is NO EXCUSE whatsoever for cheering at the thought of someone dying w/o health insurance. For those of you who say, "what about those who deliberately choose not to have it?", keep in mind there are some RWs on this forum who have acknowledged that they have BTDT.
Again, I think it was awful, simply awful that those people cheered at the thought of someone loosing they're life, however, there are reasons why people do things, not one but many, and as I suggested, perhaps some of them are mentally gone, but I do believe people in this country are so sick of paying the ways of others...who bottom feed off of our taxes.

And again, in your post above concerning our conversation about Ron Paul...haven't you ever been talking about a subject, and a picture comes to mind for a brief few seconds that reminds you of something that happened years ago...again, Ron Paul didn't mean that churches should now be paying for the medical expensed of others...I can tell you from experience, that many times, while discussing a subject with someone, something they say, or ask, reminds me of something which happened a long time ago...and I blurt it out, Ron Paul's comment was simply that...he was remembering what was done years ago...and sharing that....any one knows, that churches could never pay for everyone's medical expenses...and so does he....I'm so sorry you refuse to understand, your so bent on making something out of nothing, to slander the man...your perception and understanding.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:20 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,535,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Again, I think it was awful, simply awful that those people cheered at the thought of someone loosing they're life, however, there are reasons why people do things, not one but many, and as I suggested, perhaps some of them are mentally gone, but I do believe people in this country are so sick of paying the ways of others...who bottom feed off of our taxes.

And again, in your post above concerning our conversation about Ron Paul...haven't you ever been talking about a subject, and a picture comes to mind for a brief few seconds that reminds you of something that happened years ago...again, Ron Paul didn't mean that churches should now be paying for the medical expensed of others...I can tell you from experience, that many times, while discussing a subject with someone, something they say, or ask, reminds me of something which happened a long time ago...and I blurt it out, Ron Paul's comment was simply that...he was remembering what was done years ago...and sharing that....any one knows, that churches could never pay for everyone's medical expenses...and so does he....I'm so sorry you refuse to understand, your so bent on making something out of nothing, to slander the man...your perception and understanding.
Damn it no one needs to slander ron paul. He has no chance. He is nothing but a republican lap dog. He will drop out soon and endorse perry.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Remember the Germans did not start with Aushwitz.
They started with vulnerable populations. They made it acceptable to kill retarded children in the medical setting for the good of the Fatherland. It is impossible to build any kind of bridge between the teachings of Jesus and the beliefs of these people. They are not Christians, but they are a death-worshipping cult.

I'm not a Christian, but this seems appropriate since so many Republicans and Teabaggers like hoarding that label over the rest of us while they do terrible things. Here is a verse from your Bible. [King James version]

Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

- Matthew 25:40
They don't read the Bible or care about what Jesus said. Thats false rhetoric just like everything else about these evil people. All they believe in is mine mine mine......When oh when are the suffered people going to wake up and fight back.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:32 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Yeah these tea bagger blow hard wind bags are all for letting the less fortunate others die but they'd change their spots in a heartbeat if it was one of their family members.
For any who are on the proverbial political fence i hope you noticed the quick knee jerk reaction from the crowd at the prospect of letting the hypothetical guy with no insurance die.
Amazes me how such a cold heartless bunch of whiners can apparently garner so much attention and power in todays American political milieu.
Is this what America will/has become? a nation who's motto is if you dont make it,just die..

Last edited by jambo101; 09-14-2011 at 06:19 AM..

Old 09-14-2011, 05:36 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's called "The affordable care act" aka. obamacare.

Or are you admitting that it is a farce?
Which you and the rest of the righties want to kill off, and you would replace it with What, hmmm.
Casper

Old 09-14-2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Yeah these tea bagger blow hard wind bags are all for letting the less fortunate others die but they'd change their spots in a heartbeat if it was one of their family members.
For any who are on the proverbial political fence i hope you noticed the quick knee jerk reaction from the crowd at the prospect of letting the hypothetical guy with no insurance die.
Amazes me how such a cold heartless bunch of whiners can apparently garner so much attention and power in todays political milieu.
Is this what America will/has become? a nation who's motto is if you didnt make it,let em die..
Yes that is what the tea party has made this Country. They believe it and they know the poor will not stand up to them,much as any bully knows they can beat the smaller weaker kids down anytime they choose. These bullies are winning and the cost are poor and middle class lives. Thats why they cheer so much.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Which you and the rest of the righties want to kill off, and you would replace it with What, hmmm.
Casper
They don't plan on replacing it. They plan on the same as was before Obama. The insurance companies and the tea party live it up from big profits and the poor and middle class die often and die young.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Yes that is what the tea party has made this Country. They believe it and they know the poor will not stand up to them,much as any bully knows they can beat the smaller weaker kids down anytime they choose. These bullies are winning and the cost are poor and middle class lives. Thats why they cheer so much.
The Tea Party has not made this country, all these problems started way way back....people who hated Bush said, it's his fault we're in the situation we're in....and it's not, every single president, and DC has made this country what it is, including all of us...it's always someone elses fault and it's a very narrow minded concept....this has been going on for many many years....

I was a little girl, oh, maybe 12 years old and I'm 62 years old now? My dad was working outside, and I come down the street and he was a man of very few words, yet brilliant...mild mannered and would give you the shirt off his back...hardly ever saw him angry, maybe two times in all the years I've known him...
So he goes off on me, yelling..."this freakin country is in for a shock...he continues..."everyone wants something for nothing, everyone wants to give up they're rights to the government and let the government handle everything, until one day, we will have no rights any longer..." and it's happening...
when you look to blame people for the shape this country is in...lets blame ourselves to, b/c we allowed it to happen...we're just as lazy and mis-informed, and extremely radical...when we don't like something that is happening, it's "ohhhhhh it's the Tea Party, Ohhhhh, it's the liberal, or the democrates, but honestly, it is just as much our fault for not waking up many years ago,a nd realizing, the two party candidates were not working, period. Never have, never will...as I said before, they are in this together and they're like blood sucking lawyers, telling us one thing, then going off together to they're Happy hour martini's and laughing at us, and how stupid we are. And we are stupid. If anyone in his right mind, doesn't question 911 and how we allowed it to happen something is wrong? It should have never happened, with our technology and expertise...we've become fat and lazy, our military stinks, we hire contractors to fight our wars, make our clothes, tell us how to run multi-million dollar businesses....we don't even own this country any longer, every other country in the world does....but they don't want you to know that...they don't want you to know how many foreign countries own are banks and systems, our docks, and we American's move our businesses to other countries only b/c it's cheaper, and they don't care about good customer service any longer, they don't care that those people answering the telephones can't even speak English...."Hello, my name is Penny"? Yeah Right? We American's are really really forgiving, stupid and misinformed...and it's high time we start educating ourselves and making a difference....and making demands on Washington...we're paying them to do a job, they need to stop spending our money like it's water, they need to become responsible for our money and stop giving it out to all these agencies without making anyone accountable. Who follows up to see that the money that is allocated to all these agencies and sub contractors is being spent wisely? No one?

Old 09-14-2011, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
They don't plan on replacing it. They plan on the same as was before Obama. The insurance companies and the tea party live it up from big profits and the poor and middle class die often and die young.
believe it or not, that comment you made right there, well, look back into history and know, that this has been going on since the beginning of time...you've got so so so many people in Washington, each thinking they are running the show...it's complete greed, entitlement, and self preservation....ya know who really runs this country...all the billionaires...who have the money, who have drained us dry...and by keeping us at each other's throats is a steadfast way to continue what they are doing.
Instead of pointing fingers and blaming, why aren't we asking questions, like....

Who is accountable for giving out our money and overseeing that money, once it's paid out...

Is there anyone in Washington who is held accountable for using our money to take personal vacations, host extravegant parties...purchase homes, and funiture for those public buildings...if we knew, actually knew where all our money was going, we'd probably have heart attacks...does anyone really know? No, of course not?

As in any household, there needs to be a budget, and cut backs, however, you don't cut back on firemen, or police protection, you cut back on giving money to save earth worms....period.

We need to instill a one line veto so these people in Washington are not able to pass bills with payouts hidden in these bills for one thing....there are so many ways to fix these problems, but no one wants to roll up they're sleeves and do it,,,,ahhh, but it's so much easier to point fingers and blame.

We're all in this together, and if we don't start working together, this is never going to get fixed...and the first thing we need to do, is educate ourselves, so we have some idea of what's going on....

All I see are blame posts, which dictates to me, those people pointing fingers are not informed, and all they can do is blame....in anger....I see very few people in these forums, actually stating what's wrong and how we can fix things...one baby step at a time....

It has taken centuries for us to get to this point, and it's going to take a long time to fix it, if it can be fixed....?

There is way to much greed in this world, and way to many extremists who make comments against everyone else, and yet, they want DC to take care of us...make our decissions for us, wipe our butts for us...."WE GAVE THEM THE POWER TO ROB US BLIND". We are just as bad as the next one, and if I hear anyone else say "OHHHHH, well, if you don't vote you don't have a right to complain"....how unintelligent is that comment???? Look at what they give us to vote for? Anyone decent comes in to run, they ruin them with fake rummors of infidelity, or call each other cheaters.

And how bout all those hate political adds on TV? All that money wasted to put commercials on TV discrediting the other opponent???? I mean, do you really want someone in office who does that? They're all snakes...at our expense?????? Why isn't anyone else in this country getting this?

OK, LOL, I'm through venting...thanks so much for allowing me to...

Seriously Folks?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections