Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 07:21 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
There is a petition that just started going around to get Ron Paul to run as a 3rd party candidate. He's going to be on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight (after which he'll be surging again). Hopefully he'll announce tonight that he's running 3rd party or with Gary Johnson on the Libertarian ticket. Please sign the petition to encourage him to run. It's our only hope to restore freedom before the next 20 years are over. Ron Paul 2012 | It's NOT too late!
Emily, how phony can this be: I opened it, and the signatures are Sept 5, which is tomorrow..Again, all things like this will do is make people and eventually Paul look like a bunch of idiots...which I am sure he is not and probably his followers are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 07:23 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
There is a petition that just started going around to get Ron Paul to run as a 3rd party candidate. He's going to be on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight (after which he'll be surging again). Hopefully he'll announce tonight that he's running 3rd party or with Gary Johnson on the Libertarian ticket. Please sign the petition to encourage him to run. It's our only hope to restore freedom before the next 20 years are over. Ron Paul 2012 | It's NOT too late!
Stop saying "surging"! I beg you!!!!

Old 09-05-2012, 11:52 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Emily, how phony can this be: I opened it, and the signatures are Sept 5, which is tomorrow..Again, all things like this will do is make people and eventually Paul look like a bunch of idiots...which I am sure he is not and probably his followers are not.
I beg your pardon. Look at the calendar. The 5th is today. It probably just updates so that you can see that as of the current day, that all those people have signed.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I'm just trying to be "on topic". Sorry if it offends you. At least I'm spelling it right.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Just an observation:

The author and essayist who just died a couple of weeks ago, Gore Vidal, once famously said that there was really only one political party in the US: the money party. It's the small group of very wealthy and politically powerful corporate bosses who really have all the influence over the government. Sure, the parties have some differences on highly specialized topics like abortion, gun registration, same-sex marriage ... but not much else.

Maybe it is time to have a popular and powerful third party that can compete with the other two.
Yes it is no longer the right and the left or Republicans and Democrats. As Doug Wead points out it is the Elites or the 1% and the 99% or everyone else. The problem is 66% of the 99% still need to be woken up and clued in to what is going on. Hopefully enough people who vote will be disgusted with both the Republicans and Democrats and write in Ron Paul although in 6 states they won't be able to. Polls have been taken for this year that show that 46% of people are going to vote for the "lesser of evils". I think there is no lesser of evils this year. You have two candidates who are EXTREMELY so and have shown their colors. So it is time to vote for good and if enough did, Paul would have a chance. Here are the numbers in some research I did. Getting Ron Paul to Run 3rd Party. | Planet Infowars

Old 09-05-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I must admit, you Ron Paul supporters were needlessly kicked around and shuffled to the back of the convention bus by the Romney people. I commend your committment and zeal for your candidate. Of all the political machinations this election cycle, your's has been the most consistant and honest. The republicans didn't even throw you under the bus. They just ignored you completely. I honestly think you got a raw deal.

That is LITERALLY true. Did you know that several states' delegates were purposely detained in buses while drivers took them on joy rides so they wouldn't be able to vote on the rules changes at the RNC?

Old 09-05-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
GOOD !! Paul, like paulista's had their ''15 seconds'' - Annoying !
He should have had his 15 minutes of speaking time and been on the ballot according to the RNC rules AND the RNC none of whom were from Maine should have been allowed to unseat 10 duly elected Maine Delegates and choose their own to replace them. UNBELIEVABLE!

What is the point in even bothering with primaries and caucuses if the RNC is going to throw out the delegates who were voted in? They may as well let the Bilderbergers pick the two candidates to let us think we have a choice (as if they have substantially differing platforms which they don't) and let us vote between them. Or a better choice might be to just not even bother to vote for either one of them and just work on getting rid of the corruption in your state and see to it they NULLIFY the horridly unconstitutional Federal laws.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The petition is now closed???????
No as far as I know it is still opened and will remain so for a while I would think.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:32 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Oh, no, to the contrary--she should keep using that term! It just gets more and more hilarious with each usage. (I must say, though, that I've become very curious to know exactly where Ron Paul is surging to.)

Old 09-05-2012, 03:42 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
No as far as I know it is still opened and will remain so for a while I would think.
I don't know why I saw that, next time I checked I was able to sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections