Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:38 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,341 times

Advertisements

Yesterday, a series of national and statewide polls show an explosion of support for Herman Cain:

Tied nationally among GOP voters with the Flip-flopping Mormon:
Herman Cain rises, Rick Perry slides in new CBS News poll - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

GA PrimR Insider Advantage Poll: Cain 41%, Gingrich 17%, Romney 10%
Poll shows Cain with huge lead in Georgia | www.wsbtv.com

Herman Cain now leading in North Carolina, West Virginia, and Nebraska GOP primaries, while Perry and Romney support collapses:
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...CNEWV_1004.pdf

Pretty impressive. Is Cain simply another flavor of the week, or does he have a real shot at this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 11:53 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
support for Herman Cain:

Herman Cain now leading in North Carolina, West Virginia, and Nebraska GOP primaries, while Perry and Romney support collapses:

Pretty impressive.
Those are awfully small numbers:

PPP surveyed 400 usual Republican primary voters in Nebraska
and 300 primary voters in West Virginia from September 30th
to October 2nd, as well as 400 primary voters in
North Carolina from September 30th to October 3rd.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:55 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Herman Cain is only winning because his supporters are all racists... wait...

Old 10-05-2011, 01:14 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Yesterday, a series of national and statewide polls show an explosion of support for Herman Cain:

Tied nationally among GOP voters with the Flip-flopping Mormon:
Herman Cain rises, Rick Perry slides in new CBS News poll - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

GA PrimR Insider Advantage Poll: Cain 41%, Gingrich 17%, Romney 10%
Poll shows Cain with huge lead in Georgia | www.wsbtv.com

Pretty impressive. Is Cain simply another flavor of the week, or does he have a real shot at this?
Cain's BIG MOUTH will FINISH HIM soon. He's been poppin off about Perry. He is showing he doesn't have the sapience to be a strong POTUSA. Honestly, he has really turned me off..the last 10 days or so. Cain really blundered when he played 'race card' against Perry. He can't help taking the bait...when reporters ask him about the competition. He bashed them (Romney and Perry, etc.)...and that proves to most of us...he's not all that bright!

Last edited by quality guy; 10-05-2011 at 01:53 AM..

Old 10-05-2011, 01:27 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,172,192 times
They included Chris Christie in some of those polls which sort of skews the results and nullifies them in the polls Christie was in. Seems somebody wants to run against Herman Cain...lol. It could be interesting that's for sure.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:00 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,195,339 times
Pizza guy's got a legit shot at laying the needed groundwork in Iowa and Florida between now and January but he's taking the next couple months off to hawk his book. From a political strategy perspective it's a real shame he's blowing his one serious chance, but from a business class huckster perspective it's a canny marketing strategy to sell product.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:07 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Some people refused to vote for Obama because he's half-black. How would they handle it if the two major candidates were black and half-black?

Old 10-05-2011, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
How would they handle it if the two major candidates were black and half-black?
I just can't resist: Take off their slippers and start marching

Seriously, if this is what the campaigns have become on both sides -
I am very happy I'm a Dr. Paul supporter, because this kinda of
thing has to be the most absurd reasons I've ever seen to back
a candidate.

I'm even beginning to like Perry more - he may be half a sleep, but this
stuff is really getting boring

Old 10-05-2011, 02:22 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,172,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Pizza guy's got a legit shot at laying the needed groundwork in Iowa and Florida between now and January but he's taking the next couple months off to hawk his book. From a political strategy perspective it's a real shame he's blowing his one serious chance, but from a business class huckster perspective it's a canny marketing strategy to sell product.

He is actually only taking a month off to promote his book, but the timing is strange. Of course signing books could be part of campaigning I guess???

I don't think even Herman Cain thinks he needs to be the nominee, but he might like to do something else and play the wingman during the primaries.

http://theweek.com/article/index/219...t-in-it-to-win

Old 10-05-2011, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
He is actually only taking a month off to promote his book, but the timing is strange. Of course signing books could be part of campaigning I guess???

I don't think even Herman Cain thinks he needs to be the nominee, but he might like to do something else and play the wingman during the primaries.

Herman Cain's 'curious' month off: Proof he's not in it to win? - The Week
Herman Cain will not be the Republican nominee, so what he thinks about that is kind of irrelevant. But I think we all, already know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections