Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 10:55 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I'm not a follower as you call it. She didn't let people down if you had kept up with the polls most of her supporters where glad. They like her but they are smart enough to know she's to polarizing at this time and she is probably "polishing" up to run in 2016, if she feels the country isn't turning around.

Must remember she's a girl that knows how to "Retreat and Reload", that scares the left, they have no ammo!!!
I am not a Sarah Palin follower either, although I did vote for her in 2006 (I did not vote for her or McCain in 2008), but I do know her better than any lower-48er ever could.

When she resigned her position as Governor she did so for the best interests of Alaska. After spending six months in court defending herself, at her own expense, against 18 frivolous ethics complaints, everyone knew that she was not able to conduct the business of governing the State. Which is why no one was surprised by her announcement to resign.

By the time she did resign she was already over $500,000 in debt, in just six months. Her salary as Governor was $189,000, and no State business was getting done during the first half of 2009. I, and most Alaskans (according to the polls at the time), agreed with her decision to resign as Governor. As long as she held public office, she would continually be a target for the lower-48 liberal freaks.

I would have preferred that she never accepted McCain's offer to run as his VP, even though she was the only candidate in 2008 with any foreign policy and executive experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 05:47 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
JM would not have won anyway, but SP dragged him down enough to elect Al Franken (who won with under 1k vote plurality), and GOP fared worse in his state than their norm. 60th Senator = Obamacare, so when you gaze at SP, Glitch, think of how much you love Obamacare (sar).

Old 10-08-2011, 05:50 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Yes, banjomike,BO will have a great shot at Term 2 versus this field (and I do not find him effective), but only against either MB or SP would BO win by margin far in excess of his 2008 campaign, and those produced massive gains for his party across the land.

As such, either MB or SP are his dream dates. MR is his only potential nightmare, and it would need to be the true, moderate MR avoiding the pander to the base errors JM made in 2008.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:35 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I am not a Sarah Palin follower either, although I did vote for her in 2006 (I did not vote for her or McCain in 2008), but I do know her better than any lower-48er ever could.

When she resigned her position as Governor she did so for the best interests of Alaska. After spending six months in court defending herself, at her own expense, against 18 frivolous ethics complaints, everyone knew that she was not able to conduct the business of governing the State. Which is why no one was surprised by her announcement to resign.

By the time she did resign she was already over $500,000 in debt, in just six months. Her salary as Governor was $189,000, and no State business was getting done during the first half of 2009. I, and most Alaskans (according to the polls at the time), agreed with her decision to resign as Governor. As long as she held public office, she would continually be a target for the lower-48 liberal freaks.

I would have preferred that she never accepted McCain's offer to run as his VP, even though she was the only candidate in 2008 with any foreign policy and executive experience.
I can't understand why nobody else can understand why she quit as Governor. You have explained it very well. Now that she will not be running, hopefully they will all put a zipper on their mouths. The attacks against her are almost satanic or maybe they are. The hatred and the lies about her reveal something very sick about the people who attack her.
It is a real downer.
Leave the women and her children alone!

Old 10-09-2011, 06:41 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,104,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I can't understand why nobody else can understand why she quit as Governor. You have explained it very well. Now that she will not be running, hopefully they will all put a zipper on their mouths. The attacks against her are almost satanic or maybe they are. The hatred and the lies about her reveal something very sick about the people who attack her.
It is a real downer.
Leave the women and her children alone!
Sorry but I must simply disagree with you
This lady went on a world wide tour promoting herself.

If you open the front door to your house you better be prepared to let the guests inside.

Seems to me some of us see her as a phony loud mouth

I am glad to see her FINALLY riding off into that Alaskan sunset.

No, I do not feel a bit sorry for her or her kids as they have worked the general public out of millions and they were able to stockpile a lifetime fortune in the bank

SP did exactly what she wanted to do and her true colors came out in the end.

Greed, Self centered , a woman truly in love with her image in the mirror.
Cant stand the woman.
Why would anyone feel sorry for this person is way beyond my reasoning.
And the magical moment was her with kate and 8 going camping together.
Good riddance SP

Old 10-09-2011, 06:50 AM

1,481 posts, read 3,947,681 times
I'm wondering at what NEW Skelton she doesnt want found .. yanno they do turn over every stone there is when they are vetting a future prez .. and she has had 3 yrs to creat a new skelton under the bed..

Old 10-09-2011, 02:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
I'm wondering at what NEW Skelton she doesnt want found .. yanno they do turn over every stone there is when they are vetting a future prez .. and she has had 3 yrs to creat a new skelton under the bed..
why do so many have to look for hidden reasons? Just think about it this way: 1-she had nothing to gain by running, she would not have won and being a loser would have damaged her speaking engagement demands. 2-if she lost she would not be able to help the party: 3-her family is not the type, after living in Alaska for their entire lives to adjust well to the Atlantic coast, DC life style and she is making more money that she could have ever dreamed she would see.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections