Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 07:58 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,551,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Will you be able to vote for a Mormon? I know that will be a hard one for you. Sometimes you just have to hold your nose and vote for the person who has most, but not all, of the things you support. I'm less of a social conservative than you are, so that's not an issue at all for me.
Yeah, I wil vote for any Republican over Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 08:00 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
Will you be able to vote for a Mormon? I know that will be a hard one for you. Sometimes you just have to hold your nose and vote for the person who has most, but not all, of the things you support. I'm less of a social conservative than you are, so that's not an issue at all for me.
mb, that is a horrible point to have to decide. Probably could not...simply stay out of the voting.

But, I'd want 10 Romney's to be POTUSA....to keep BO OUT. (Ya know what I mean?) I KNOW YOU DO!

Old 10-31-2011, 10:29 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
I'm an Independent who has vowed to never again vote Republican after the recent behavior of Republicans. However, Huntsman might be the only Republican who could make me break that pledge. He reminds me of the Republican statesmen of days gone by. You know, the ones who honestly cared more for country than party.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:57 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
McCain loses with or without her.

Suppose you blame Dole's loss on Jack Kemp.

And you blame Ford's loss on Bob Dole.
i don't see what any of that has to do with huntsman. it isn't like every moderate is exactly the same.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:59 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,920 times
Quote:
You think Bush was a hard right conservative? He was a moderate compared to the tea party.
Bush ran as far right. he ran a great 2000 campaign. he said all the right things, i thought he was the man.

of course, what he actually did once into office, is another story.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:18 AM

753 posts, read 843,236 times
Sounds like a homerun for Huntsman last night.

Jon Huntsman excels in foreign policy debate; Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney clash on immigration - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicalintelligence/2011/11/while-huntsman-excels-gingrich-and-romney-clash/IfG9HWC80W6UdGkFiQ8L8O/index.html - broken link)

Old 11-23-2011, 12:29 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,698,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaFLGuy View Post

Jon Huntsman excels in foreign policy debate; Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney clash on immigration - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicalintelligence/2011/11/while-huntsman-excels-gingrich-and-romney-clash/IfG9HWC80W6UdGkFiQ8L8O/index.html - broken link)

If Huntsman wins the GOP nomination, he will get my vote when he runs against Obama.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:12 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,264,301 times
huntsman would destroy obama. its funny because his economic plan is something elite R's would love and it does flatten rates so baggers would be happy as well.

Goes to show that baggers are not just voting on economics and taxes, which is what they supposedly originally started with.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:00 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,828 times
Quote:
Why? I'm seriously curious what the problem is with him. Because he served as an ambassador in the Obama administration? Those positions have crossed party lines lots of times in the past, and that's not exactly rolling up your sleeves in the D's domestic issues. It looks like it was a "keep your enemies closer" move by the D's because they know Huntsman could be a real threat in terms of the independent vote, and even some conservative/moderate D's.
I know you know this, but.....anyone who listens to the absurdities the other repub candidates spout off knows why Huntsman doesn't appeal to them.

He's too smart, too sane, too reasonable and too honest. Have those things and you will not be favored by the repubs.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:26 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaFLGuy View Post

Darn! I wish I hadn't missed that. I am so, so, so committed to Huntsman. I could just kick myself for not watching the debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections