Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 05:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
A fourth woman has stepped forward accusing him of sexual misconduct. How many more are there?
not one of these so called victims have claimed they were molested nor have any of the filed charges. I think you need to learn the difference between misconduct and molestation..

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 05:30 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,140,532 times
Default Cain To Hold Press Conference Today

Herman Cain Appears on Jimmy Kimmel & Says He Will Set Record Straight | Video | TheBlaze.com

I dont know at this point who I am voting for yet. I like Cain but I hope he can continue to learn, focus, and get acquainted with all the issue a President has to deal with.

How he handles the presser today, what he has to say, is really going to play a role on if Ill even consider supporting him, no matter where he goes in the polls from here. I realize it can be hard to defend yourself in a he said/she said thing but once this woman came out yesterday with specific, graphic allegations, he has to take it head on and really stand up for himself, or own up. No screwing around this time.

Not sure the time of the presser yet, but im guessing itll be mid day.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:31 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelman View Post
So why is Cain, a married man having dinner dates with women like this? If he was trying to help her with her career it could have been done in a more professional setting.

And you suggest she should have assaulted the CEO of a large organization. She was looking for a job, getting arrested and going to jail would not have helped her prospects. And at that time she did not know of women's claims. Its easier now to come forward when you know Cain has this pattern of bad behavior.

What does this woman gain by doing the news conference? Except to tell the truth, perhaps?

Last week the complaint from Cain supporters was none of the women were speaking publicly. Now one does and still does not matter. Still on the denial train.

I said I would have decked someone like that CEO or what ever
and I sure as hell would have yelled about it
I would not have been silent
you know if for one second I thought this was true, I would say
he does not need to be elected to anything
I would be saying the same thing if it were anyone else
but for me and this woman I think she is lying and I dearly hope Cain calls her on it
where are her backers, she said she told her boy friend, where is he??
she said she told "a friend" but was "too embarrased to say who it was"
Horse crap!
she is not embarrased now, she wants to safe the country from this guy
what a crock
look, my daughter is a rape survior and I would have gladly killed the SOB
but I also know that there are women that cry rape who have never been raped and all that does is hurt other women!!
personally I have seen not one shred of evidence I have heard a lawyer who said it happened, what the hell is he going to say?
She lied or it did not mean anything?
This is all a pile of nothing so far
when I see some docs with details then I might by it
but I have seen enough bull crap to know this woman is lying
if he did what she said that is assault, a crime
if you choose to believe her, fine
but don't expect me to, I have a brain of my own and I know when I see something that looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then I know it is a duck!

Old 11-08-2011, 06:34 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Not all of the women..."liked" Clinton and he was also married when he was diddling around with anybody and everybody...now what party was it that didn't have any principles?
and who did not believe he raped a woman
anyone???
Clinton had Hillary come on TV and defend him, and she knew all of this!

Old 11-08-2011, 06:36 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Virtually anyone could claim, at any time in a politician's career, that they were sexually harassed. The only prerequisite is that you have a smidgen of proof ...But when a second and a third and a fourth person step forward, the chances of them lying rapidly diminish ....

Not necessarily. So far I believe we have four accusers but none have any witnesses or other evidence. Four times zero is still zero.

Around 1993 the 'syringe in a pop can' story was all over the media. One guy said he found a discarded needle in a soda can. Before you could say boo there were dozens of simlar claims being made around the country by soda purchasers. Most, if not all, were either delusional or looking for a payday.

Right now we have almost zero facts about Cain's alleged sexual harrassment. The fact that so many lefties are willing to weigh in at this point, to prejudge, says much much more about lefties than it does about Cain.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:39 AM

458 posts, read 777,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
That and now I know why Cain doesn't take his wife with him on the campaign trail.
Apparently he doesn't take her with him on his dinner dates entertaining single women looking for jobs.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:40 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,340 times
Clinton has the character of a slug.

Cain is the focus of this year's discussion.

The only way to turn a team around is to fix the team, and vet those that make you look bad. You never get better if you compare your slug to the slug on the other team. It only protects slugs.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:41 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
So a man supposedly grabs for your genitals (what the hell she going on down there?), and shoves your face in his crotch then you ask him for a ride back to your hotel? Really? Really?
Not only that, but you meet him at a TP convention about a month ago and take a nice picture with him.

If a man had done to me what she claims Cain did to her, I doubt I'd be willing to stand next to him with his arm around me all nicey, nicey.

Witness: Cain accuser hugged him during Tea Party meeting a month ago - Chicago Sun-Times

Picture;

http://www.suntimes.com/csp/cms/site...YPE=image/jpeg

http://www.suntimes.com/8592168-417/...month-ago.html

Witness: Cain accuser hugged him during Tea Party meeting a month ago

Old 11-08-2011, 06:44 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times
Maybe the hotel desk clerk that talked to Cain when he upgraded the woman's room will come forward soon. Maybe some of the people that saw them together will come forward soon.

Is Cain denying they even met on the day in question???? Could get interesting.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:46 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
most companies today would pay someone to keep quiet...especially if the claim was not warrented...it works both ways...and a lot of times, a company will try and get rid of the person...if they can....but companies do investigate the problems and if the woman is making a false claim they will try to pay her off to leave....why, so they don't have a law suit against them....

There are a lot of women out there who claim they were sexually harrassed and in fact were not...just as there are a lot of women out there who are sexually harrassed on the job....

but your argument does not hold water....
I just answered the question presented to me, which was the difference between the Clinton situation and the Cain thang. Truthfully, if it was one case well I would have leaned towards (ugh) him, but if more then 2 cases comes up and he starts to back track......well Houston there is a problem!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections